Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Random Memories.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 30 Guests

Random Memories.

This thread currently has 36,531 views. Print
36 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 29, 2010, 9:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from moosey_club
Me and Morph finding an old style brown pay packet in the Cons open corner about 1980. Had about £25 in it, we blew it on an Atari game and about 5 flavour concentrates and a spare gas bottle for the soda stream on the way home, mixed them up in a River Phoenix style frenzy, overgassed the soda and were sick as f\/ck .
Rock and Roll if you were 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it was you was it? I wondered where I dropped it. The wife & kids starved that week.

Now then, let's see what you owe ...... £25 ..... an average of 5% interest over 30 years ........... that'll be ........

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 352
moosey_club
July 29, 2010, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226

Oh it was you was it? I wondered where I dropped it. The wife & kids starved that week.

Now then, let's see what you owe ...... £25 ..... an average of 5% interest over 30 years ........... that'll be ........

I think he still has the game and half a bottle of tizer concentrate so p.m him and he can arrange delivery, only fair.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 352
Bagshaw99
July 29, 2010, 9:14pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Another good one was Brighton away in the mid '80s - the year the Great British Beer Festival was held in... Brighton! A group of us turned up at the Goldstone around 3.05pm (the London Mariners never make the kick-off) nicely lubricated and holding carrier bags full of liquid takeaways, commemorative glasses, bar towels, etc, and just about saw Town manage a 2-2 draw. Brighton was always a good fixture, another fun one was just after Robert Maxwell had topped himself and we were cracking jokes all night about Brighton 'Going down with the Maxwell', Town's defence being as watertight as Bob Maxwell's suit, etc. That was also the season they wore matching blue and white striped shirts and shorts and we laughed at them for looking like Tesco bags. I think that was a 0-0. Chris Hargreaves played a blinder that night.

Millwall was always good for a laugh too, like when were taking the mick out of Casey Keller with chants of 'Ho Chi Min's Black and White Army' and 'Where were you in World War Two?' We lost the game 2-1 but played well and Macca scored a rare goal. Never had a problem at Millwall games and nearly always had some banter with the locals. A proper club with proper supporters, just like us.

"That Grimsby team was pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football."    Bill Shankly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 352
Richard
July 29, 2010, 9:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +59
stayin up at leicester  last minuet awsome

everywhere we go ,everywhere we go
its the grimsby boys makin all the noise

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 352
ponnyfan
July 29, 2010, 9:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +36 / -3
Approval: +94
My Balti pies at any ground that stocks them ....

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2011  .......the first Champion!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 352
Les Brechin
July 29, 2010, 10:21pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Tony Rees scoring after 20 seconds at Millwall. The first Millwall player to touch the ball was the keeper picking it out of the net. I was in the home end and instinctively went to jump up to celebrate till I remembered where I was.

We ended up losing the game 2-1. Jamie Moralee (sp?) got both their goals I think, the winner in the last minute.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 352
codcheeky
July 29, 2010, 10:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
remeber going to millmoor in the late eighties was a boxing day, was with my dad ( perhaps the only away game we went to together) we got there nice and early and went in the rotherham pub near the ground, got moved out from there and sent to the cub bar thy used to have as part of the ground. had a few in there and someone opened the emegency door and we realised we could walk straight in. In 2 mins the bar was empty with every in for nothing. Can remember my dad laughing at everyone chanting ee by gum , ee by gum. cant remeber the score tho
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 352
batman
July 29, 2010, 10:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
extremely random, but always sticks in my mind:

not so long ago away at chester, in  the end i think we won 2-0 with 2 identical late goals by andy taylor(?)

anyway the game was dull as fook up to then and the reff was awful, i will never forget a kid (no older than 6/7), shouting really cheesy insults at the reff, then out of nowhere came the high pitched voice 'REFFEREE YOUR FCUKING SHYTE!!!!' ha and it was of course the little nipper... made me chuckle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 352
jock dock tower
July 30, 2010, 8:13am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Town being led out by their we mascot in the 1960's, Clive Spencer. Used to play in the same B.B. team.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 352
jock dock tower
July 30, 2010, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Social club behind the Main stand in the early 70's, pints in plastic cups, and usually missing  couple of goals a season so we could get in at half time early to get served. Graet atmosphere.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 352
36 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Random Memories.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.