Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 216,978 views. Print
138 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
December 20, 2023, 10:51am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,463
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

To counteract that point, I’d say khouri could be loaned out to a Vauxhall conference/blue square prem (or what it’s called these days) til the end of the season with a view of playing more of a role season 24/25. He’s got great potential and was obviously flourishing with PH so am pretty sure that he will progress further with the input from DA.

Hoping that's there thinking aswell , they have talked about a pathway into the first team and half a season at Vauxhall Conference level would do him the world of good - he would probably thrive as he's already a very good player - next season I would love to see a midfield 3 of Hunt,Khouri and Conteh it could and should be exceptional at this level with the right style of play IMO.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 1373
ska face
December 20, 2023, 12:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,776
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from CSLM

Disagree with you mate.
I think he has looked a level or two above on occasions  

He has made a few mistakes but I feel there is a pretty decent player in there with a bit more experience.

Maybe so but when you look at some of the young players we’ve had on loan from Champ/Prem clubs - Embleton, Benson, Glennon, Townsend, Smith, even people like Matete and Menayese from L1, I just think we could be utilising a loan space more effectively or bringing on Khouri or Hunt. He does offer us some physicality but so does Green, who wasn’t available at the start of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 1373
GhostDan
December 20, 2023, 12:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mikey_345
With Andrews, whilst I think he's a decent option and will develop into a good player, he's going to be the easiest for Artell to move on to create abit of room in the squad. He's probably down the pecking order in terms of ability (currently) compared to other options in midfield so won't be surprised to see abit of room freed up there in January.

Also, if you think of it this way, I find it hard to guess who he would move on from our current midfielders that belong to us. Think they all offer something but sense he will want an additional midfielder in anyway, hence Andrews probably moves on.  Clifton - workrate and energy, Holohan - experience and goals, Green - a bit of bite and graft, Hunt - quality on the ball, Conteh - just different level. Khouri - potential. Possibly out of those maybe Holohan most at risk..

I'm not sure I see a world in which Green plays much in an Artell side - seeing how he's set us up already, and listening to him talk about how we want to play, I dont think Green is going to be mobile enough or more importantly, good enough on the ball.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 1373
jamesgtfc
December 20, 2023, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ska face

Maybe so but when you look at some of the young players we’ve had on loan from Champ/Prem clubs - Embleton, Benson, Glennon, Townsend, Smith, even people like Matete and Menayese from L1, I just think we could be utilising a loan space more effectively or bringing on Khouri or Hunt. He does offer us some physicality but so does Green, who wasn’t available at the start of the season.

When we get an Embleton, Townsend, Smith, Mate, Paterson, the loan system is great. But when we get a Dickson-Peters, Simmonds, People and many others, it's a waste of time and I can't help but think some of our own are better than them.

I feel that Khouri has been held back as someone who is good enough to be around the first team which has prevented him going out on loan, but he is also very inexperienced and needs games. A few months of regular football at the right club, under a good manager, would do him the world of good and really benefit us I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 1373
rancido
December 20, 2023, 1:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Mikey_345
With Andrews, whilst I think he's a decent option and will develop into a good player, he's going to be the easiest for Artell to move on to create abit of room in the squad. He's probably down the pecking order in terms of ability (currently) compared to other options in midfield so won't be surprised to see abit of room freed up there in January.

Also, if you think of it this way, I find it hard to guess who he would move on from our current midfielders that belong to us. Think they all offer something but sense he will want an additional midfielder in anyway, hence Andrews probably moves on.  Clifton - workrate and energy, Holohan - experience and goals, Green - a bit of bite and graft, Hunt - quality on the ball, Conteh - just different level. Khouri - potential. Possibly out of those maybe Holohan most at risk..

In a recent interview, DA said that Holohan has a future at GTFC..

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 1373
rancido
December 20, 2023, 1:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,654
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from jamesgtfc

When we get an Embleton, Townsend, Smith, Mate, Paterson, the loan system is great. But when we get a Dickson-Peters, Simmonds, People and many others, it's a waste of time and I can't help but think some of our own are better than them.

I feel that Khouri has been held back as someone who is good enough to be around the first team which has prevented him going out on loan, but he is also very inexperienced and needs games. A few months of regular football at the right club, under a good manager, would do him the world of good and really benefit us I think.

But surely the loans that don't work are a reflection on the manager who brought them here?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 1373
ginnywings
December 20, 2023, 2:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from rancido

In a recent interview, DA said that Holohan has a future at GTFC..

...if he played like he did against Newport, to finish the full sentence.

We all know that Holihan is inconsistent. He was absolutely dire against Sutton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 1373
MuddyWaters
December 20, 2023, 4:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

...if he played like he did against Newport, to finish the full sentence.

We all know that Holihan is inconsistent. He was absolutely dire against Sutton

Echo this.

His primary weakness is his inconsistency.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 1373
Lord Gadiform
December 20, 2023, 4:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +114
Gold Stars: 5
I find it interesting the midfield is the most discussed area on this thread. To me it’s where we have most depth and I like all of the players individually. Think the challenge for Artell will be getting the right combination in there.

If we could merge the strengths each individual has into one player he’d be a superstar!

Holohan and Clifton at their best have the gift of scoring goals and making a difference in games. Green wins a lot of the ball and I think is technically better than sometimes made out. Conteh does the stuff Green does and also uses the ball well in tight spaces and is positionally good. Hunt moves the ball well but hasn’t scored the goals/made the assists of Holohan and Clifton (that Barnet game apart). Andrews and Khouri seem to do a bit of everything.

I get the argument that Hunt, Khouri, and Conteh could be the future. I’m uncomfortable with that at the moment though because none of them have changed games when we’ve needed it. Back to the old argument of end product and I still value Holohan and Clifton to give us more of that at the moment and would tend to want one of them at the pitch at least this season.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 1373
Hagrid
December 20, 2023, 4:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Echo this.

His primary weakness is his inconsistency.

Yet, as I say, he is the only player from the middle to constantly weigh in with goals and assists.

Show me a League 2 midfielder who isnt Inconsistent
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 1373
138 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.