Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 216,961 views. Print
138 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
December 24, 2023, 7:09am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,460
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Freemoash88
Morning fellow Fishy's,

I do apologise I don't post as much as I used to anymore but always around to read the fantastic discussions and debates which we've always had on here.

So with the transfer window fast approaching and after yesterday dire performance at Home. Which I personally think has now shown Artell the problems we have within the squad.

So my question is basic what players or positions what you like to be addressed and what players do you think maybe Town should offload this window if possible?

Merry Xmas

Not a keeper unless it's a back up - Cartwright is into double figures of good games (as good as any keeper in league 2 from what I have seen )

Right back - hmmm very conflicted , is it a priority or one that can wait until the summer?
Left back - same as Cartwright ,Glennon has been very impressive the last 10 so we are fine there imo .
CB- Difficult to judge we can't keep a clean sheet for toffee so it would suggest a change is needed but for most of Artell"s games Maher & Rodgers have looked okay at playing the ball out from the back barring yesterday .

Holding midfielder- Conteh is fine so no need to look there
Central midfield - Hunt seems to be in favour but in the 2 more physical games he has struggled badly ; get the feeling Artell will stick with him and Clifton until the end of the season though trying to coach them .

LM/RM  - overloaded , maybe if one goes out this lad he had from Crewe will come in + Vernam should be back in the new year

Up Top - Rose is doing well and will be 1st choice ,maybe room for a back up /plan B ?

I see  3 or 4  coming in maybe the ex Crewe lad , a centre back , another option up top and maybe even a right back .

Probably wrong will be interesting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 1373
ska face
December 24, 2023, 7:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 1373
The Dogs Testicles
December 24, 2023, 8:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -114
Gold Stars: 17
I think we need quite a few incomings/outgoings if we want to play out from the back in that manner - lots struggling. I think we need a big overhaul.

Keepers
Cartwright - only on loan
Eastwood - move on.

Defenders
Efete - move on
Amos - move on
Waterfall - move on

Midfielders
Khan - move on
Green - move on

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 1373
GibMariner
December 24, 2023, 8:37am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -964
Gold Stars: 21
Good luck with that.

One out one in policy AP stated will be a first for the club if he meant it ??
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 1373
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2023, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
I think we need quite a few incomings/outgoings if we want to play out from the back in that manner - lots struggling. I think we need a big overhaul.

Keepers
Eastwood - move on.

Defenders
Efete - move on
Amos - move on
Waterfall - move on

Midfielders
Khan - move on
Green - move on

I’m not sure you’ll see a change in the goalkeeping department but none of the others named would be a shock.
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 1373
forza ivano
December 24, 2023, 9:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Difficult to move players on if they are under contract and noone wants a bit part player from a club 88th in the league!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 1373
December 24, 2023, 10:19am
Guest User
Very much doubt Effete will be moved out. Neither should he be.
Reply: 176 - 1373
December 24, 2023, 10:26am
Guest User
Quoted from Freemoash88
Morning fellow Fishy's,

I do apologise I don't post as much as I used to anymore but always around to read the fantastic discussions and debates which we've always had on here.

So with the transfer window fast approaching and after yesterday dire performance at Home. Which I personally think has now shown Artell the problems we have within the squad.

So my question is basic what players or positions what you like to be addressed and what players do you think maybe Town should offload this window if possible?

Merry Xmas

So how come you missed the already posted thread re David Artels January Transfer Window?  

Reply: 177 - 1373
pen penfras
December 24, 2023, 11:00am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71

Keepers
Eastwood - move on.

Defenders
Efete - move on
Amos - move on
Waterfall - move on

Midfielders
Khan - move on
Green - move on

The only way we're getting rid of players is by paying them up. If they're not good enough for us then they're only going to NL and will be paid less.

I've heard rumours that JS wants out, all together,  not just as chairman. Can't see any money being put in if that's true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 1373
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2023, 11:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69

Keepers
Eastwood - move on……too expensive to ditch

Defenders
Efete - move on…..no
Amos - move on
Waterfall - move on

Midfielders
Khan - move on
Green - move on…..no

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 1373
138 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.