Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 216,986 views. Print
138 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 19, 2023, 12:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from toontown

Yeah thats what I think, we've improved in lots of areas, but the need for reinforcements at CB and striker are just as glaring.

I know it’s unlikely but, is andy smith getting much game time at erm ker erm sturdium ?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 1373
rancido
December 19, 2023, 1:48pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Croxton

All good points:-  plus

9) No extra cup games this year to stretch resources
10) Stated need for some players to leave to make room for incomers.

Much is made of this " one out for one to come in" but this could also include any loan players going back . It could also be any players whose contracts are up at the end of the season and being informed that they will be released, possibly early if they can find a new club.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 1373
Captain Sensible
December 19, 2023, 10:08pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +178
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from rancido

Much is made of this " one out for one to come in" but this could also include any loan players going back . It could also be any players whose contracts are up at the end of the season and being informed that they will be released, possibly early if they can find a new club.

We only have two loanees though,  Cartwright and Andrews.

Can we see either of them being returned?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 1373
ska face
December 19, 2023, 10:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,777
Gold Stars: 851
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Andrews go back. Seemed like a bit an end-of-window squad filler and hasn’t really done a great deal for me.
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 1373
CSLM
December 20, 2023, 1:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from ska face
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Andrews go back. Seemed like a bit an end-of-window squad filler and hasn’t really done a great deal for me.

Disagree with you mate.
I think he has looked a level or two above on occasions  

He has made a few mistakes but I feel there is a pretty decent player in there with a bit more experience.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 1373
Maringer
December 20, 2023, 7:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
I agree that I think he's shown some good stuff in fits and starts. His attitude seems decent, he has some ability and isn't worried about a bit of hard work. The problem is that he's 21 and he's barely played any senior football. He'll almost certainly develop into a decent player at this level (or the one above), but it could take a few years for him to play enough games to develop. It wouldn't surprise me to see him getting some more game time, but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't! Depends on injuries, I expect. We've got a lot of central midfielders on the books at the moment and there are only so many places in the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 1373
forza ivano
December 20, 2023, 9:17am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Now weve got Khouri back, surely not required any further?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 1373
rancido
December 20, 2023, 9:29am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,655
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from ska face

I wouldn't be surprised either. DA needs to build for the future and you can't really do that with a loan player unless there is a chance of that player becoming a permanent signing.We do have signed midfielders who can play that role.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 1373
Mikey_345
December 20, 2023, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 107
With Andrews, whilst I think he's a decent option and will develop into a good player, he's going to be the easiest for Artell to move on to create abit of room in the squad. He's probably down the pecking order in terms of ability (currently) compared to other options in midfield so won't be surprised to see abit of room freed up there in January.

Also, if you think of it this way, I find it hard to guess who he would move on from our current midfielders that belong to us. Think they all offer something but sense he will want an additional midfielder in anyway, hence Andrews probably moves on.  Clifton - workrate and energy, Holohan - experience and goals, Green - a bit of bite and graft, Hunt - quality on the ball, Conteh - just different level. Khouri - potential. Possibly out of those maybe Holohan most at risk..

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 1373
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 20, 2023, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Mikey_345
With Andrews, whilst I think he's a decent option and will develop into a good player, he's going to be the easiest for Artell to move on to create abit of room in the squad. He's probably down the pecking order in terms of ability (currently) compared to other options in midfield so won't be surprised to see abit of room freed up there in January.

Also, if you think of it this way, I find it hard to guess who he would move on from our current midfielders that belong to us. Think they all offer something but sense he will want an additional midfielder in anyway, hence Andrews probably moves on.  Clifton - workrate and energy, Holohan - experience and goals, Green - a bit of bite and graft, Hunt - quality on the ball, Conteh - just different level. Khouri - potential. Possibly out of those maybe Holohan most at risk..

To counteract that point, I’d say khouri could be loaned out to a Vauxhall conference/blue square prem (or what it’s called these days) til the end of the season with a view of playing more of a role season 24/25. He’s got great potential and was obviously flourishing with PH so am pretty sure that he will progress further with the input from DA.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 1373
138 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.