Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

This thread currently has 216,011 views. Print
138 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 29, 2023, 7:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from acko338
5 weeks for him to settle in, have a good look at those here, and what he can get out of them, then identify from his own book of sources who may come in to complement and improve the side going forward.

Many of his Academy players will now be established in senior squads if they made the grade, likewise he will have watched many matches with similar aged players taking part.

He sounds like he would keep tabs on players who can play HIS way.

I think that he and Hutchinson will be having some deep conversations in (advance of the opening window date.

have a look at his promotion winning squad - astonishing rate of success for the youngsters in it.

currently playing in the Championship - Perry Ng, Harry Pickering, Ryan Wintle
currently playing at good League 1 sides - Charlie Kirk (sold for £500,000), Tom lowery, Owen Dale (undisclosed, but had been valued at a million, although it was much less)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 1373
LocalLadGTFC
November 29, 2023, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,220
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

have a look at his promotion winning squad - astonishing rate of success for the youngsters in it.

currently playing in the Championship - Perry Ng, Harry Pickering, Ryan Wintle
currently playing at good League 1 sides - Charlie Kirk (sold for £500,000), Tom lowery, Owen Dale (undisclosed, but had been valued at a million, although it was much less)

Charlie Kirk absolutely ripped us to pieces one year, was unplayable
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 1373
Tommy
November 29, 2023, 9:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Re: the talk of a new goalkeeper on this thread........

Do we need a new goalkeeper?

Cartwright seems to be doing fine for me, and he can certainly play with his feet too so fits that part of Artell-ball.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 1373
toontown
November 29, 2023, 11:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Tommy

Cartwright seems to be doing fine for me, and he can certainly play with his feet too so fits that part of Artell-ball.

Not sure his playing directly out to players already under pressure right in front of the box is what I would call good with his feet. Or at least it's not good with his brain.

Cartwright has been loads better than I feared given his lapses in the trophy and is definitely better than Eastwood but to be honest he is still a player were finding an upgrade should not be too difficult. Given he is a loan we need better than Eastwood next year anyway so why not get our own player in now if we can, given out perilous situation it would be prudent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 1373
Tommy
November 29, 2023, 11:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from toontown

Not sure his playing directly out to players already under pressure right in front of the box is what I would call good with his feet. Or at least it's not good with his brain.

You'll have to get used to that because that's exactly how we're going to be playing now.

Whoever our GK is will be asked to play into midfield even if there's a player around them. They can still deal with the ball and either protect it, set it back to the GK or a CB, and play around the corner to a full-back or fellow midfielder.

I thought Cartwright's decision making was very good last night. Played short to Maher/Rodgers/Conteh and recognised moments to clip it into full backs or midfielders to get us playing. And knew the moments to just kick long to manage the state/stage of the game.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 1373
gtfc98
November 29, 2023, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Tommy

Cartwright is a mixed bag. He's been pretty much fine since coming in at Donny but certainly wasn't fine for Sutton's goal, nor was he fine in any of his cup appearances. Realistically we need a better option than him.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 1373
LocalLadGTFC
November 29, 2023, 11:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,220
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from gtfc98

Cartwright is a mixed bag. He's been pretty much fine since coming in at Donny but certainly wasn't fine for Sutton's goal, nor was he fine in any of his cup appearances. Realistically we need a better option than him.

I’d say pretty much fine is a bit harsh, yes he was at fault for the Sutton goal but obviously misjudged it and made a mistake. He also made a couple good saves to rescue us a point and he did the same last night. He’s young and hasn’t had many minutes in men’s football, the more he plays the better he gets. He’s good with the ball at his feet and his kicking is pretty spot on, don’t ever really see him
shank one into the stand and he started a couple fast breaks against MK with perfectly weighted knocks into Rose. He’s a Grimsby lad, now I don’t know the situation with Hull but I know how much Harvey loves putting on the shirt and I believe he wants to be here full time.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 1373
forza ivano
November 30, 2023, 12:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Hes made a couple of incredible saves in the games over seen. The 1 handed effort in the 2nd half at fgr will live long in the memory
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 1373
FishySmithy
November 30, 2023, 5:20am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Keep the GK now we’ve made our bed Cartwright will get better with every game he plays, remember we are league 2 no keeper is faultless Max wasn’t last year or have people got short term memory loss, and think back to Macca and how many faults he made.

For me sort the protection out in front of him first to give any GK a fighting chance, I would prioritise a new CB & LB i see Amos going and unpopular opinion Waterfall to allow us to sign someone and before you jump on the negativity Waterfall for some seasons has been class but we all know he can not  play out like Artell will want him to so sensible option move on and bring someone else in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 1373
lukeo
November 30, 2023, 5:35am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from Tommy

Just what I was thinking, looking back at the MK Don's game he seemed to do very well at it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 1373
138 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Artell January Transfer Window (merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.