Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 75,936 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Manchester Mariner
September 24, 2019, 6:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,791
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Ipswin

A bus with a misleading and blatantly untruthful slogan you mean

Johnson stands by the 350 million a week to the NHS claim though. Weird he didn't mention it to that sick childs father berating him in the hospital last week, the hospital visit he was doing that he said wasn't for the press but was being filmed by the press.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 670 - 918
grimsby pete
September 27, 2019, 10:40am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Things if they were not bad enough are just getting worse with the antics of our so called representatives , even if Boris comes back with a deal he will never get it through parliament with so much hatred being banded about.

What we need is a time machine and go back to before Cameron gave the country the choice to leave and he gets run over by a bus before he had such a bright idea to have a referendum .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 671 - 918
chaos33
September 28, 2019, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,751
Gold Stars: 348
There won’t be a deal. You can’t do a brexit that those who advocate brexit say isn’t a proper brexit. Johnson, of course, is happy to go on insulting the British population pretending that this is what he’s working towards. Anyone who thinks that a hardline brexiteer can strike a deal and have it voted through when a soft brexiteer couldn’t Is off their rocker. The EU will not deal with Johnson, full stop. They will go on with the technical and legal process in Brussels and they won’t kid their citizens on.

The 31st will come around and we’ll see if this dispicable government will break the law and force the no deal position. Then watch it get messy.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 672 - 918
Grimbiggs
September 28, 2019, 6:05pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Quoted from chaos33
There won’t be a deal. You can’t do a brexit that those who advocate brexit say isn’t a proper brexit. Johnson, of course, is happy to go on insulting the British population pretending that this is what he’s working towards. Anyone who thinks that a hardline brexiteer can strike a deal and have it voted through when a soft brexiteer couldn’t Is off their rocker. The EU will not deal with Johnson, full stop. They will go on with the technical and legal process in Brussels and they won’t kid their citizens on.

The 31st will come around and we’ll see if this dispicable government will break the law and force the no deal position. Then watch it get messy.

They may be breaking the law, but at least they'll be honouring the result of the referendum!....Bravo to Boris if he has the balls to do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 673 - 918
chaos33
September 28, 2019, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Sorry yeah, the very same rich and unscrupulous people who spun you a load of lies to skew the result of the referendum will be breaking the law again to honour the outcome?!

If I were you, I’d be taking a step back and thinking.....hang on, I seem to be aligning myself with proven liars, back stabbers and self servers like Johnson, and Gove and Farage......maybe I haven’t called this right...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 674 - 918
Grimbiggs
September 28, 2019, 8:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
What do you mean like the self serving Corbyn, who will do anything to get into power, or maybe even Blair, who never tells lies! Oh, I forgot about the war in Iraq!..I just wish you and the rest of the remoaners would give it a rest, and accept the result of the referendum....let the people decide in a general election, and get rid of this rotten opposition, who have got nothing better to do than stop Brexit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 675 - 918
chaos33
September 28, 2019, 9:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Johnson - now there’s a man who’d do anything to get in to power. Never mind the lies and the dishonour. Make a joke out of it! A man of no principles and a cabinet who burned theirs for a job! Yep - you line up with those if you like.

I’m no Corbyn fan and I’m certainly not a Blair fan but I think it’s best to take a balanced view, keep an open mind, do some research etc. Brexit is palpably a terrible idea at the moment, and I’m something of a Euro sceptic. I think it’s wise not to say that most people want to ‘just get it done’ when what they actually want is to ‘make it go away’. If we carry on with this act of national self harm it won’t be going away. It’s just the beginning.
Anyway.....it’s all slipping away...and the eventual election or referendum will dispatch this collection of hateful frauds who got us into this mess. That’s my belief. Even if it does mean another non majority coalition.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 676 - 918
grimsby pete
September 29, 2019, 10:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
I think 99% of all  MP.s are there for themselves not for us.

OK maybe 99% is a little high so let's settle for 90% .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 677 - 918
FishOutOfWater
September 30, 2019, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.16
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Manchester Mariner

Johnson stands by the 350 million a week to the NHS claim though. Weird he didn't mention it to that sick childs father berating him in the hospital last week, the hospital visit he was doing that he said wasn't for the press but was being filmed by the press.

I don't think that the slogan on the bus actually stated that all of the £350 million per week allegedly being paid to the EU would be given to the NHS instead ?

From what I can see the wording was" Let's fund our NHS instead".... no amount mentioned as to how much of that £350m, so it could have been any old amount?

A cunning way of making people think that's what might happen if we were to leave.. two separate statements but an automatic assumption that the two were one?

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 678 - 918
KingstonMariner
October 1, 2019, 12:04am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I go away with my wife and younger children on 30 October to an EU country and come back a week later. As things stand I wonder what paperwork they'll need to be allowed back in to the UK? Anyone know?

The girls were born here but as we weren't married at the time, the easier thing to do was to get them passports for their mother's homeland. It wasn't an issue at the time or when we came to renew them last time around.

Not a massive issue in the scheme of things but a fuckingballache I could do without.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 679 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.