Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,405 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
November 4, 2019, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from codcheeky

The Tories have been in power for 9 years and let record numbers of immigrants in between 2010 and 2016 without providing sufficient infrastructure yet you appear not to want to vote for change.
Who will you vote for? And how do you think are that party will help you and your community? One backed by tax dodging billionaires ?
I live in London, my wife is one of them there foreigners,  London is a fantastic place to live , why do you think so many move here from Grimsby? Most enjoy the multi cultures, tolerance and diversity London is renowned for.
What makes you think Corbyn is power mad

So clearly you are one of the left wing snowflake loonies , im not going to argue what and why because we will most definitely not agree.
Its amazing the amount of people that go that way once they have a wife thats foreign, hardly likely to say much else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 740 - 918
grimsby pete
November 4, 2019, 3:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from monkeyboy

So clearly you are one of the left wing snowflake loonies , im not going to argue what and why because we will most definitely not agree.
Its amazing the amount of people that go that way once they have a wide thats foreign, hardly likely to say much else.

I am married to a half wide  

BUT

Her other half is Grimsby through and through.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 741 - 918
Maringer
November 4, 2019, 3:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Bear in mind, of course, that we were always able to limit immigration from outside of the EU (which made up 50% of the figure) but the coalition never even attempted to do anything about this. Mainly, I'd imagine, because we didn't want to pay to train our own medical staff but preferred to nick them from poorer countries instead.

In fact, there were a number of choices which could have limited immigration from other EU countries which simply weren't implemented. Almost certainly because the goverments knew that doing so would harm the economy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 742 - 918
monkeyboy
November 4, 2019, 3:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

Well spotted, i was working at the time so didnt check the words.
Glad you spotted it as one of the left wing remoaners would have called me uneducated thicko for doing it while i earn a wage so they can sit at home while i pay for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 743 - 918
codcheeky
November 4, 2019, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from monkeyboy

Well spotted, i was working at the time so didnt check the words.
Glad you spotted it as one of the left wing remoaners would have called me uneducated thicko for doing it while i earn a wage so they can sit at home while i pay for it.

I am certainly not a remainer, not sure about a snowflake, not really sure what one is, perhaps you can define it, you seem to be the one full of envy against those of us sat at home, don’t think I am politically particularly left wing although a lot further left than Boris or Nigel, Last 3 elections I have voted Lib Dem green and Labour. Not a member of any party but voted for Andy Burnham in the Labour leadership election and Corbyn in the second one. I like Corbyn voting record against senseless wars and austerity, if you think Johnson and the Eton mob have the slightest interest in helping anyone but the well off you are in cuckoo land, maybe you believe in trickle down economics and are quite happy tugging the forelock and a few crumbs from the rich mans table?
Private Message
Reply: 744 - 918
grimsby pete
November 4, 2019, 6:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from codcheeky

I am certainly not a remainer, not sure about a snowflake, not really sure what one is, perhaps you can define it, you seem to be the one full of envy against those of us sat at home, don’t think I am politically particularly left wing although a lot further left than Boris or Nigel, Last 3 elections I have voted Lib Dem green and Labour. Not a member of any party but voted for Andy Burnham in the Labour leadership election and Corbyn in the second one. I like Corbyn voting record against senseless wars and austerity, if you think Johnson and the Eton mob have the slightest interest in helping anyone but the well off you are in cuckoo land, maybe you believe in trickle down economics and are quite happy tugging the forelock and a few crumbs from the rich mans table?

Doesn't  Corbyn vote against everything. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 745 - 918
codcheeky
November 4, 2019, 7:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete

Doesn't  Corbyn vote against everything. ?

Most Tory nonsense I believe and a lot of Blair’s nonsenses too
Private Message
Reply: 746 - 918
FishOutOfWater
November 5, 2019, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from grimsby pete

BUT

My ex wife is a Yorkshire woman.... I should have known multi-culturalism wouldn't work out in the long run  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 747 - 918
Maringer
November 6, 2019, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Did you attempt to integrate? Flat cap whippet, overweening sense of self-importance. That kind of thing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 748 - 918
FishOutOfWater
November 6, 2019, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer
Did you attempt to integrate? Flat cap whippet, overweening sense of self-importance. That kind of thing?

I embraced Yorkshire Tea & Yorkshire Puddings.... does that count?

Oh and I had an important Lincolnshire contribution to make when it was Toad in the Hole time  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 749 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.