Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 76,166 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 29, 2019, 9:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from codcheeky

Perhaps you are the only one on here who thinks your gifs are even mildly amusing, it’s like you are stuck in 12 year old mode

No so pumpkin latte, people I know who read the fishy often tell me they find some of the animated gifs really funny and ask where I got them from, but what they find is even funnier is the reaction of certain posters having a hissy fit and comment that they don't find the animated gifs funny and try and slate me for it, just like you saying the above, ironically acting like a man child in doing so. When ever I read a comment saying you shouldn't post animated gifs I picture Veruca Salt throwing a tantrum.

If you wanted to act like an adult instead of a man child, I suggest you block my posts, that way you won't see any animated gifs you don't like and can turn your mood hover onto something else to suck the life out of whilst pretending you're an adult.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 570 - 918
Azimuth
September 3, 2019, 5:04pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Where is Melanie Onn? She is very quiet lately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 571 - 918
mariner91
September 3, 2019, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Marinerz93

Johnson may well be a male private and a host of other expletives, no arguments there but he has outsmarted the remoaning europhiles, if they spent less time rimming Verhofstadt and Macron they may have been awake enough to counter Boris, and they wouldn't be left with that sad face falling off a cliff, you can try your little EU war dance as a last resort but it'll be in vain as Boris has done all the europhiles in one swoop without breaking sweat.

This has aged well. Boris, the master tactician.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 572 - 918
GollyGTFC
September 4, 2019, 1:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from mariner91

This has aged well. Boris, the master tactician.

As first days go that was amongst the worst. BJ started his first day in the HoC as PM with a majority of zero and ended it leading a minority government of -44. If this is part of a Boris master plan (as Marinerz93 believes) then he's a genius because he's fooled the entire country and all reputable political commentators to believe that he's lost control of parliament and is finished as PM after less than 7 weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 573 - 918
FishOutOfWater
September 4, 2019, 2:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
I've been a long time observer of this thread without really having too strong an opinion on the detail but as someone who voted to remain ( thinking maybe the status quo might be better than change ) I readily accepted the outcome of the referendum. Que sera sera.... it is what it is I believed

The majority vote was to leave the EU but the longer this goes on, the more I think that we will forever be part of the union and I don't know what the long term effect on the public might be when it comes to their perception of politics and politicians

I know it's a childlike analogy but it's like someone cheating who can never be trusted not to do so again... the vote was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" decision, come what may

I just didn't expect it to take a lifetime to go round and round and round without making any progress, continually driving a wedge between the people of this country

David Cameron has got a lot to answer for... let the genie out of the bottle and now it's smoke and mirrors all the way  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 574 - 918
Maringer
September 4, 2019, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Johnson is gambling on getting one of two outcomes: 1) Holding a General Election before 31st October (as close as possible would be good for him) and his rhetoric already indicates he's going to use the 'traitor' shtick to claim anybody wanting to avoid a hard Brexit is in cahoots with those dastardly Europeans. It would be an almost fact free campaign heavy on the rhetoric with all sorts of spending promises which will be unchallenged by the right-wing media who claim that any expenditure promised by the Labour Party would turn us into another Zimbabwe (or is it Venezuela, this time?). He'll probably need some sort of an electoral pact with the Brexit Party which will give Farage and a few of his clingers-on seats at the top table.

The other outcome he'd aim for is 2) Ram through a hard Brexit and then have an election immediately afterwards before the shite really starts to hit the fan. Johnson would hope to hoover up all the former Kippers/Brexit Party supporters to get a healthy majority and could then just concentrate on blaming the EU for everything which was going wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 575 - 918
GollyGTFC
September 4, 2019, 2:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
I've been a long time observer of this thread without really having too strong an opinion on the detail but as someone who voted to remain ( thinking maybe the status quo might be better than change ) I readily accepted the outcome of the referendum. Que sera sera.... it is what it is I believed

The majority vote was to leave the EU but the longer this goes on, the more I think that we will forever be part of the union and I don't know what the long term effect on the public might be when it comes to their perception of politics and politicians

I know it's a childlike analogy but it's like someone cheating who can never be trusted not to do so again... the vote was supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" decision, come what may

I just didn't expect it to take a lifetime to go round and round and round without making any progress, continually driving a wedge between the people of this country

David Cameron has got a lot to answer for... let the genie out of the bottle and now it's smoke and mirrors all the way  

David Cameron does have a lot to answer for (as does Theresa May) but...

...and this is NOT directed at you...

The country voted 51.89% to leave the EU. Every political party at the last general election pledged to honour that. However we're 2 and a bit years down the line and the Tories have made an absolute shambles of the entire negotiation. They have totally and utterly failed.

We're all sick and tired of Brexit. But that does not mean that we have to accept a disastrous no deal Brexit just because the Tories have copulated everything up.

So what if Brexit has to be delayed for another 3 months, a year or even longer? Brexit has to be resolved, but it has to be resolved with the best possible outcome to protect the economy, jobs and all people living in the UK. This will effect the country for generations to come. What's the rush?

Especially as there is no prospect for a general election resolving the problem with parliamentary numbers. The Tories have no chance of winning a majority and Labour will be propped up by fierce pro-Remain parties.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 576 - 918
grimsby pete
September 4, 2019, 3:09pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I think if we knew how long it was going to take and all the infighting everywhere even on here a football forum.

A lot of us who voted to leave might think twice if there is a next time.

We just want it to end for Christ's sake !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 577 - 918
FishOutOfWater
September 4, 2019, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

David Cameron does have a lot to answer for (as does Theresa May) but...

...and this is directed at you...

The country voted 51.89% to leave the EU. Every political party at the last general election pledged to honour that. However we're 2 and a bit years down the line and the Tories have made an absolute shambles of the entire negotiation. They have totally and utterly failed.

I accept that their negotiations have been a shambles but aren't we all accustomed to politicians fudging things. Always been that way and always will be I guess

We're all sick and tired of Brexit. But that does not mean that we have to accept a disastrous no deal Brexit just because the Tories have copulated everything up.

This is something I have an issue with.... is it going to be a disaster because the media tell us it is will be or are there hard facts that prove without any shadow of a doubt that the country will go under?

So what if Brexit has to be delayed for another 3 months, a year or even longer? Brexit has to be resolved, but it has to be resolved with the best possible outcome to protect the economy, jobs and all people living in the UK. This will effect the country for generations to come. What's the rush?

There is seemingly no "rush" - three years plus since the referendum and an exit is no nearer. As for the best possible outcome.... of course nobody wants UK plc to crash and burn but maybe there will have to be some pain before there is any gain ( assuming there will be some of course...that's not a given )

Especially as there is no prospect for a general election resolving the problem with parliamentary numbers. The Tories have no chance of winning a majority and Labour will be propped up by fierce pro-Remain parties

I tend to agree that a general election will just lead to an even more fragmented state of affairs... the Brexit Party and UKIP ( if they stand ) could easily leave the Tories wringing their hands as their vote is split. Then again who's to say that these two won't also "steal" votes from Labour

It could mean that our first past the post system might deliver a four ( or even a five) way split this time.... a bit like the Peterborough by-election where Labour won the seat with less than 30% of the vote because the Tories and the Brexit Party went after the same voters. That could be replicated across the whole country and who knows what the Scots will do.  .

Interesting times lie ahead.... but all the time we are like a rudderless ship and the EU is just watching and waiting in the wings. I do find it rather odd that their leaders have not taken more of an active role in proceedings, especially trying to "educate" the British public on the "benefits" of the EU,  but maybe they just think that this is all some British game and that when all is said and done they aren't bothered that much about the UK after all

Who knows? I still think David Cameron has a lot to answer for though!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 578 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
September 4, 2019, 7:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think if we knew how long it was going to take and all the infighting everywhere even on here a football forum.

A lot of us who voted to leave might think twice if there is a next time.

We just want it to end for Christ's sake !!!!!!!!!

It’s a fallacy to think that it will end if we come out without a deal. It would just be the beginning. Have a read of this to see what would be in store https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/ivan-rogers-the-realities-of-a-no-deal-brexit/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 579 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.