Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 28 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,002 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 9, 2019, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
“If we left the EU we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by Brussels, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and chronic underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure”.

Boris Johnson in 2013.

He was right then.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 630 - 918
mariner91
September 9, 2019, 10:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I saw something the other day that said that of those who voted for Brexit, 75% won't object to leaving, with no deal with the EU in place

I can't recall where it was I saw that figure ( a YouGov poll maybe? ) but there must be a lot of morons out there going by your "reasoning"  

75% of 52% is 39%. And that's of the people who voted and works out roughly at 13.1million. There are 66 million people in the UK and if only 13.1million of them would want a no deal Brexit then that's less than 20% of the population. If you think that is the "will of the people" then you're  a moron (not you personally). It's also not even over 50% of the people who voted so it's clearly not the will of the fucking people.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 631 - 918
Grimbiggs
September 10, 2019, 8:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Your maths is about as good as Diane Abbot's. Theres no way 66 million people are going to vote in a General Election, roughly 60% vote, so that 13.1 million equates to about 33%, which as a base figure would almost be enough to create a majority, and if they played it right, with the help of the Brexit party, the Tories could achieve a 'landslide'!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 632 - 918
jock dock tower
September 10, 2019, 9:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I constantly have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not living in some parallel universe where working class folk actually believe that their collective interests are best looked after by Rees Mogg and Johnson. Honestly, just how gullible could some folk be?

I also have to keep pinching myself to hear this crap about respecting the will of the people, and it's the fault of Remainers that we don't already have some kind of deal. Simple maths.....the Tory government and the DUP gave May the majority she needed to get BREXIT sorted. She even agreed to all the nonsense the ERG told her about red lines, to secure the best deal from the EU. That she lost this deal three times is the fault of the Tory government, nobody else, especially Johnson and Mogg, who voted twice to scupper it and once for it. There's political shenanigans for you, eh? If the Tories had voted for the deal, bad as it was because of the ERG imposed red lines, even Johnson acknowledged there would be susbequent negotiations over time when they could have achieved better.

We are where we are. We even have Amber Rudd resigning from government because Johnson expelled 21 ministers. It's a pity she didn't show the same consideration when her own department, when she was Home Secretary, expelled thousands of the Windrush Generation. Never mind, she was apopleptic with anger because these were Tory "moderates" Aye, f*cking right they were, they voted for the austerity measures that saw hundreds of thousands of folk unnecessarily forced into destitution and foodbanks. Would "moderates" really vote for such austerity measures as the DWP rules that deem terminally ill people fit for work and remove their benefits?

I've waited a lifetime for this moment, to see the Tories tear themselves apart. I'm relishing every minute of their anguish, of Johnson's bumbling mumbling nonsense that clearly show he's unfit for office. Just hope it ends quicker for them once we have the General Election at a time of our choosing. That would be the ultimate indignity.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 633 - 918
chaos33
September 10, 2019, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 634 - 918
grimsby pete
September 10, 2019, 12:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from jock dock tower

I've waited a lifetime for this moment, to see the Tories tear themselves apart. I'm relishing every minute of their anguish, of Johnson's bumbling mumbling nonsense that clearly show he's unfit for office. Just hope it ends quicker for them once we have the General Election at a time of our choosing. That would be the ultimate indignity.

I hope it goes on a little longer John as I am enjoying watching Boris antics nearly as much as watching Trump coming out with his frequent tweets.

Not sure myself who will win when the next election comes along as Corbyn is not my cup of tea and he is not a lot of others favourite to be PM but he does have a lot of support from the left,

Both you and I know for a party to win they have to take the middle ground and at the moment I am not sure who will win that battle.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 635 - 918
jock dock tower
September 10, 2019, 4:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Pete, ask yourself this. If Corbyn isn't your cup of tea, is Johnson? If the answer to Johnson is no there's only one way to vote to ensure the over privileged spoilt brat doesn't get back in, and that's for him.

How has your view of him developed? Most likely from the right wing press reports that constantly harp on about how unfit for office he is. If that's the case they're running scared of him, and with just cause. He's seen off two Tory PMs, and he'll see off this third one because Johnson has the brain of somebody who has suffered from generations of inter breeding as his class look to protect themselves.

Johnson or Corbyn, Peter. Who?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 636 - 918
grimsby pete
September 10, 2019, 4:30pm

Exile
If I had to choose right now I would abstain John,

So I will wait and see what wonderful things they say in their election manifestoes and decide then,

I presume you are voting SNP ?

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 637 - 918
grimsby pete
September 10, 2019, 6:15pm

Exile
I would like to add I do not buy a newspaper I can make my own mind up and not influenced by other people  ( media ) views.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 638 - 918
mariner91
September 10, 2019, 8:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,575
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Your maths is about as good as Diane Abbot's. Theres no way 66 million people are going to vote in a General Election, roughly 60% vote, so that 13.1 million equates to about 33%, which as a base figure would almost be enough to create a majority, and if they played it right, with the help of the Brexit party, the Tories could achieve a 'landslide'!

Regardless of how you dress it up it is not the will of the people when nowhere near 50% of the population want a no deal brexit. Only take in to account people who vote, do whatever you want with your skewed stats but if you think the majority of the people in the United Kingdom want a no deal brexit then you've got shit for brains.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 639 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.