Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 13 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 75,933 views. Print
92 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
johnsmith450
November 8, 2018, 9:57am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00

Hello, I am interested in collecting the views and opinions of identity and belonging in the EU referendum, for a survey I am doing. Should only take 5minutes and I would be very grateful.

https://s.surveyplanet.com/z-CDvszcv
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2018, 2:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Done. I'm probably an outlier being in the 55-64 age bracket, and a British patriot who's a remainer.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 918
Marinerz93
November 10, 2018, 6:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Done. I'm probably an outlier being in the 55-64 age bracket, and a British patriot who's a remainer.  

How can you be a patriot if you are prepared for non elected foreign bureaucrats to make our laws and regulations especially as our government has apposed some of those regulations as they are not in our national interests.

A patriot is a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 918
Skrill
November 11, 2018, 11:00am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Quoted from Marinerz93
A patriot is a person who vigorously supports their country and is prepared to defend it against enemies or detractors.

I'd go even more, a Patriot also defends their nations from tyrannical government.

Tweet 316134373063806976 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 918
KingstonMariner
November 11, 2018, 5:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

How can you be a patriot if you are prepared for non elected foreign bureaucrats to make our laws and regulations especially as our government has apposed some of those regulations as they are not in our national interests.

This country isn't truly independent outside the EU. We're a pawn in the American empire. That much has been obvious since 1956 (Suez). At least we get a say in the EU, as opposed to just consuming news of meaningless American elections. Your sort of misguided patriot would just have us kowtowing to another empire.

Also a real patriot realises there is more than one way to promote the interests of your compatriots. Nationalists fail to see that. For them it's just one shibboleth of the 'independent nation state'. A 19th century myth.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 918
grimsby pete
November 15, 2018, 2:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Turning into a bit of a mess don't you think ?

What's going to happen next ?

Leadership vote, 2nd reforendem or even general election,

What a farce it is turning out to be.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 918
Maringer
November 15, 2018, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -11
Approval: +16,070
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from grimsby pete

Leadership vote, 2nd reforendem or even general election,

Yes, at least one of those and probably all three. Some of them possibly more than once!

It was always going to be a farce, because the referendum was so stupidly conceived by Cameron and so didn't make any attempt to explain or clarify what 'Brexit' actually meant. Most people didn't have a clue what the Customs Union or Single Market meant to the economy, the difficulties leaving them or the things the EU funded in the UK but instead thought all that was involved was the inane tabloid bullet points about 'immigrants' and 'getting our money back'. I'd guess 90% of leavers didn't have any idea of what the ramifications might be - probably a similar proportion of remainers, too, for that matter.

The 'deal' was never going to be anything but a BRINO (Brexit in Name Only) because May cut her own throat by delivering Article 50 before any discussion of what Brexit actually meant, any plans were made or behind the scenes negotiations had taken place. This isn't a party political point, either, as Corbyn was apparently agitating to deliver Article 50 even sooner. Handing all the cards to the people you're trying to negotiate with is really a very bad idea.

With clowns such as Davis (who couldn't think his way out of a paper bag), Fox (somebody who previously had to resign from Government in disgrace for dishonest behaviour), Johnson (ego-maniac who cares about nothing but his own career) and 'Dover is an important port?' Raab running the show, is it really any surprise that nothing which could be considered any sort of a 'good deal' has been secured? Especially when May is so weak that she's beholden to the creationist nutjobs of the DUP, not to mention the looniest fringes of her own party.

If ever there was an example of a failing state, we're it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 918
barralad
November 15, 2018, 6:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +85 / -20
Approval: +9,192
Gold Stars: 121
I see the blame game is in full swing on Social Media and t.v.
The likes of Andrea Leadsom, Michael Gove, Boris Johnson who you couldn't keep out of the media during the Referendum campaign bottled out when the chance to lead fell practically into their laps. Leadsom even backed out of a two horse race to replace Cameron.
I just heard May say she has no regrets over calling the election in 2017. Events of the last few days show how important to her master plan a big Commons majority for the Tories was. I grudgingly admire her efforts today but she will surely go down as one of if not the worst P.M.s ever.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 918
LH
November 15, 2018, 6:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 167
Imagine how incompetent you must be as a Prime Minister to take that particular crown off Cameron himself who started this balderdash and disappeared to a pig farm or whereever it is he’s gone.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 918
grimsby pete
November 15, 2018, 6:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from LH
Imagine how incompetent you must be as a Prime Minister to take that particular crown off Cameron himself who started this balderdash and disappeared to a pig farm or whereever it is he’s gone.

The problem with Cameron was he was such a smug ba@tard he thought giving the country a vote to leave or stay was a big vote winner,

Never for one second did he think we would vote leave,

Then when we did he said he has had enough of politics and fooked off.

Now we hear not only him but that other pillock Blair might come back to save the world.

You have to laugh at the arrogant twits.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 918
92 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.