Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 76,154 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
October 28, 2019, 1:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from KingstonMariner
We’d have ‘got Brexit done’ by now if we had grown up politics like in countries like most of Northern Europe where they’re used to cross party deals because they have to due to having PR systems. The government should have formed a team from the main parties and ensured buy in. Especially as it’s a long term matter like pensions. It needs cross party support. It’s the normal course in any complicated negotiation process to get all your stakeholders aligned. Of course we wouldn’t have had May’s (or Davies’ or Johnson’s) stupid red lines and left ourselves more room for manoeuvre. There’d be no excuse to delay or back out. It would have been a softer Brexit but it would have commanded wider support in the Commons and the country.

Would a wider support in the commons have led to a softer Brexit as neither the Lib Dems or the SNP and plenty in the Labour Party don't want to leave the EU at all.

As for wider support in the country, I doubt it as any softer Brexit would have meant staying in the customs union and the single market which in my opinion would not be accepted by anyone who voted to leave.
Private Message
Reply: 730 - 918
codcheeky
October 28, 2019, 7:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

Would a wider support in the commons have led to a softer Brexit as neither the Lib Dems or the SNP and plenty in the Labour Party don't want to leave the EU at all.

As for wider support in the country, I doubt it as any softer Brexit would have meant staying in the customs union and the single market which in my opinion would not be accepted by anyone who voted to leave.

I voted leave and would accept these things, a Norway type deal is what I thought we would end up with and hope we still do, slashing food standards and privatisation of the NHS are not what I voted leave for
Private Message
Reply: 731 - 918
arryarryarry
October 28, 2019, 11:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from codcheeky

I voted leave and would accept these things, a Norway type deal is what I thought we would end up with and hope we still do, slashing food standards and privatisation of the NHS are not what I voted leave for

Continuing having to accept EU rules and regulations and freedom of movement is not leaving the EU.

Oh and what the frig has privatisation of the NHS got to do with the NHS?
Private Message
Reply: 732 - 918
Maringer
October 28, 2019, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from arryarryarry

Oh and what the frig has privatisation of the NHS got to do with the NHS?

I assume you mean what has it got to do with the EU.

The bunch of shysters currently in government include the authors of this brain dead ultra-libertarian bullcrap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britannia_Unchained

They don't think anything should be nationalised because the 'market always knows best'. This is clearly nonsense in areas where there is a natural monopoly but no amount of evidence will ever persuade them of this.

Once we're out of the EU with the hard brexit they desire, we'll be going cap in hand to the Yanks who will absolutely insist on their healthcare companies having access to parts of the NHS before agreeing any sort of a trade deal. We'll be caught between a rock and a hard place and won't have any option but to accede.

The likes of Truss, Patel and Raab are so seriously hard of thinking about this area (and most things, judging by some of their comments) that their 'vision' of the way things should be run in the UK is likely to be more damaging than the act of leaving the EU itself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 733 - 918
Maringer
October 30, 2019, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 734 - 918
monkeyboy
November 4, 2019, 8:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Used to vote Labour, not any more.  Total open door policy for immigration is what most voted against in the referendum including myself.
Sorry but i am anti immigration especially the unskilled.
Take a look at London, the place is overrun by foreigners and with the help of the snowflake PC brigade it is destroying our way of life.
Multiculturalism my bottom.

P.S before you scream racist i am not, i have no prejudice based on colour.
I do however think that some religions do not integrate with our own and is proving so.

Really dislike Corbyn he is power mad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 735 - 918
Maringer
November 4, 2019, 9:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Corbyn power mad? In comparison to Johnson?

Crazy stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 736 - 918
grimsby pete
November 4, 2019, 11:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Maringer
Corbyn power mad? In comparison to Johnson?

Crazy stuff.

They are all the same they are not in power for us but for themselves.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 737 - 918
codcheeky
November 4, 2019, 1:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from monkeyboy
Used to vote Labour, not any more.  Total open door policy for immigration is what most voted against in the referendum including myself.
Sorry but i am anti immigration especially the unskilled.
Take a look at London, the place is overrun by foreigners and with the help of the snowflake PC brigade it is destroying our way of life.
Multiculturalism my bottom.

P.S before you scream racist i am not, i have no prejudice based on colour.
I do however think that some religions do not integrate with our own and is proving so.

Really dislike Corbyn he is power mad.

The Tories have been in power for 9 years and let record numbers of immigrants in between 2010 and 2016 without providing sufficient infrastructure yet you appear not to want to vote for change.
Who will you vote for? And how do you think are that party will help you and your community? One backed by tax dodging billionaires ?
I live in London, my wife is one of them there foreigners,  London is a fantastic place to live , why do you think so many move here from Grimsby? Most enjoy the multi cultures, tolerance and diversity London is renowned for.
What makes you think Corbyn is power mad
Private Message
Reply: 738 - 918
pizzzza
November 4, 2019, 1:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Is it pronounced Br-ek-sit or Br-eggs-it?

Keep hearing both and I want to make sure I'm saying it right.
Private Message
Reply: 739 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.