Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 15 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,020 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
September 7, 2019, 8:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from KingstonMariner
As to what will happen. copulated if I know. But the odds are we will leave with a deal and it'll involve the Irish backstop.

They need to get the Irish border right. Because whatever is in place will become the default border for England & Scotland when Scotland go independent and join the EU.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 620 - 918
FishOutOfWater
September 7, 2019, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GollyGTFC

They need to get the Irish border right. Because whatever is in place will become the default border for England & Scotland when Scotland go independent and join the EU.

But will the EU sanction Scotland trying to join as an independent country?

I recall when they had their referendum and the line being if Scotland had decided to leave the UK, they could not be admitted immediately to the EU because they have to still follow the strict membership criteria ( the process can take years I believe )

More importantly though, Spain were preparing to veto any application they made because they saw Scotland's independence acting as a potential catalyst to the Basques etc wanting to have their own independence

However this all plays out it's going to be a right   b u g g e r ' s  m u d d l e  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 621 - 918
Grimbiggs
September 9, 2019, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Poignant that Mugabe has recently passed away; think carefully when voting in he next General Election ....Corbyn who has spent the majority of his life campaigning with every anti-western tyrant, Marxist heroes who have all ended up destroying their countries...we must not let it happen here!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 622 - 918
GollyGTFC
September 9, 2019, 10:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Poignant that Mugabe has recently passed away; think carefully when voting in he next General Election ....Corbyn who has spent the majority of his life campaigning with every anti-western tyrant, Marxist heroes who have all ended up destroying their countries...we must not let it happen here!

Oh do fvck off. This is the Fishy. Not the Daily fvcking Mail.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 623 - 918
Maringer
September 9, 2019, 10:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Grimbiggs

Ah, crap, you didn't mention Venzuela. I'd have completed my bullshit bingo card if you had.

Corbyn is a moderate social democrat, not a Marxist nationalist turned African dictator. Comparison of the two is risible nonsense - the fact that the Murdoch press is slinging around such nonsensical slurs is to be expected, but please engage your brain before lapping them up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 624 - 918
Grimbiggs
September 9, 2019, 11:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
So much of a social democrat, that he ignores the will of the people. In the words of Emily Thornberry" prepared to got back to the EU, negotiate a deal bring it back to the house, ignore Labour's own deal, and back remain". I suggezt you stay off the juice, and get back to believing everyting you read in the Guardian, or more likely the Mirror!...social democrats my a##e!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 625 - 918
mariner91
September 9, 2019, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
it’s not the will of the people to have a no deal Brexit and anyone who claims otherwise is a moron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 626 - 918
FishOutOfWater
September 9, 2019, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from mariner91
it’s not the will of the people to have a no deal Brexit and anyone who claims otherwise is a moron.

I saw something the other day that said that of those who voted for Brexit, 75% won't object to leaving, with no deal with the EU in place

I can't recall where it was I saw that figure ( a YouGov poll maybe? ) but there must be a lot of morons out there going by your "reasoning"  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 627 - 918
LH
September 9, 2019, 6:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I saw something the other day that said that of those who voted for Brexit, 75% won't object to leaving, with no deal with the EU in place

I can't recall where it was I saw that figure ( a YouGov poll maybe? ) but there must be a lot of morons out there going by your "reasoning"  

Yep!
Private Message
Reply: 628 - 918
chaos33
September 9, 2019, 7:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
But there are. People going ‘just get it done’. I wish to make this life changing decision on a ‘run out of patience’ and ‘a ‘frustrated at not having understood the balance of the relevant  complex issues contained herein’ basis!’ Leave means leave! Even if it’s tantamount to smashing ourselves in the face with an iron anvil and then throwing myself off a cliff, I want brexit. It’s the will of (some of) the people! Tune in to any radio show or tv debate and it’s stuffed with bigoted, inarticulate, ill informed, unbalanced oafs expressing the above.

To have democracy you need to be able to make ‘informed decisions’. This isn’t the case here.

There isn’t a ‘deal’. There never was and there never will be. This is a legal and technical matter, and not a business transaction and the EU have treated it as such, you’ll note. Stay or leave. Up to you. There are years and years of complex technical diplomatic, trade and political arrangements that would befit a discussion on how we might extract ourselves. The idea that you just walk away from your responsibilities without sorting out what the future holds is the territory of the nutjob. And yet, the media and the public go on and on about a ‘deal’ or ‘no deal’ like it was buying a car or a f***ing game show, and the least statesmanlike leader we’ve ever had goes on repeating empty platitudes and crass sound bytes and that’s it.
Look at the stark contrast evident today between Varadkar and Johnson. One of them articulate, measured, informed, statesmanlike....the other one Boris Johnson.
What a national embarrassment.

We are now in farce land, and the world looks on and concludes - what a set of fools!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 629 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.