Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 21 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,030 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
October 22, 2019, 7:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
What else does your crystal ball say, Pete?

If a confirmatory referendum did take place and the Electoral Commission properly policed the expenditure of the campaigns this time around (no untraceable money funnelled in through Northern Ireland this time, thanks) then nobody could complain about the outcome. Some might bemoan it, but it should be accepted.

A less supine BBC willing to call out dishonesty in claims and outright lies made by politicians (of either side, naturally), would also be helpful in the event of a confirmatory referendum. The papers would be printing enough lies as it stands and, no doubt, facebook would be awash with them so it would be useful if the national broadcaster did its job properly.

Can we have the same apply to Soros and his schill Miller, and if we shoot down that squadron of flying pigs maybe just maybe we will have some neutral representation in the media and press instead of the pro remain bias we have suffered for years, especially the BBC with programs such as Question Time.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 720 - 918
Maringer
October 22, 2019, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Ha ha. You mentioned Soros, for some bizarre reason. Whacky stuff as usual.

Neutral representation in the media? Just what exactly do you think the Express, Mail, Telegraph, Sun and to a lesser extent, the Sunday Times and Times do?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 721 - 918
barralad
October 23, 2019, 11:25pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Marinerz93

Can we have the same apply to Soros and his schill Miller, and if we shoot down that squadron of flying pigs maybe just maybe we will have some neutral representation in the media and press instead of the pro remain bias we have suffered for years, especially the BBC with programs such as Question Time.

This is irony right? Where is the balanced press? Most of our media is owned by foreign billionaires who have a great deal to gain from a no deal particularly Brexit...the BBC is a strange one I'll give you that although an old mate of mine who is in a senior position there explains it thus. "We must be doing something right because both the Left and the Right reckon we're biased"

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 722 - 918
Marinerz93
October 25, 2019, 9:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Ha ha. You mentioned Soros, for some bizarre reason. Whacky stuff as usual.

Neutral representation in the media? Just what exactly do you think the Express, Mail, Telegraph, Sun and to a lesser extent, the Sunday Times and Times do?

I was replying to your post where you said "(no untraceable money funnelled in through Northern Ireland this time, thanks)" to add balance that money for remain was coming from sources determined to undermine democracy, open society is just as questionable. Your reply was to be expected, as Melchett often says...Baaah

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 723 - 918
Marinerz93
October 25, 2019, 9:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

This is irony right? Where is the balanced press? Most of our media is owned by foreign billionaires who have a great deal to gain from a no deal particularly Brexit...the BBC is a strange one I'll give you that although an old mate of mine who is in a senior position there explains it thus. "We must be doing something right because both the Left and the Right reckon we're biased"

Back in March  the BBC was told they will face sanctions and fines from its new regulator unless it ends its Brexit bias.

This was confirmed by Ofcom’s handling of their first major BBC-rooted complaint – a submission which in great detail tracked the composition of 25 BBC1 Question Time panels and found that 22 of them had more supporters of ‘Remain’ than ‘Leave’. The Content Board rejected the complaint by considering in detail only one of the programmes. The core ruling was that Damian Green, then work and pensions minister, had adequately put the Leave perspective.

So because Damian Green put across a reasoned counter argument in one programme it's declared fair , what happened to being non bias, even though it has been highlighted that out of 25 airings of Question time 22 of of those were weighted for remain. I like watching Question time mainly to hear what special guests have to say and to see how the audience reacts to what is being said, which the majority of audiences are for leave.

Maybe your friend can point me to the information that highlights how the BBC is pro Brexit.

Private Message
Reply: 724 - 918
codcheeky
October 26, 2019, 10:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from barralad

If staff didn’t go backwards and forwards regularly from the BBC to the Tory Party you would have more of a point!
Private Message
Reply: 725 - 918
arryarryarry
October 27, 2019, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from malkamalka

You assume a lot by suggesting that ALL remainers (get the spelling right) are left wingers. I was in London yesterday, and the protesters are from all political backgrounds, and some, like myself, have no particular alliance. One thing that did stand out as that EVERY speaker, from all parties, gave the rally "facts" not slogans. I too don't want Jeremy Corbyn as prime minister, but I don't want any of those sneering, snarling, lying Tories either. Kier Starmer would be the stand out candidate for PM for me, not only because he is anti Brexit, but because he recognises the threat to our NHS, Trading Agreements and most of all, that the Tories just want to deliver on their promise to Trump to crash the UK economy, and deliver us to the USA as the 51st state.

The problem here is that consecutive Conservative government's have lied about the facts. This because, they don't actually have any facts. All they can bleat is "will of the people", a term coined by the Right Wing politiciaians in power and presented to the "Leave" group to use to drive that Right wing movement. This is a tactic used by Adolf Hitler, to stir up the masses against the minorities in their communities.

Maybe the Tories too, want to give Remainers little yellow stars on blue backgrounds, so that they can be rounded up and got rid of.

+

If it's liars you want :-

Also don't forget those lying twits Blair and Campbell, oh and Major lied to his wife whilst shagging Edwina Currie.

Private Message
Reply: 726 - 918
FishOutOfWater
October 27, 2019, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from arryarryarry

If it's liars you want :-

Also don't forget those lying twits Blair and Campbell, oh and Major lied to his wife whilst shagging Edwina Currie.

Got me wondering what he told her.... " I need to call in and get some eggs on the way home dearest. Won't be too late back "  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 727 - 918
grimsby pete
October 27, 2019, 5:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Some want an election and some want a referendum.

So why don't they have it on the same day even on the same ballot paper,

You vote for who you want then you have 3 choices,

Remain

Leave with that deal

Abstain  I have lost the will to live.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 728 - 918
KingstonMariner
October 28, 2019, 12:23am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
We’d have ‘got Brexit done’ by now if we had grown up politics like in countries like most of Northern Europe where they’re used to cross party deals because they have to due to having PR systems. The government should have formed a team from the main parties and ensured buy in. Especially as it’s a long term matter like pensions. It needs cross party support. It’s the normal course in any complicated negotiation process to get all your stakeholders aligned. Of course we wouldn’t have had May’s (or Davies’ or Johnson’s) stupid red lines and left ourselves more room for manoeuvre. There’d be no excuse to delay or back out. It would have been a softer Brexit but it would have commanded wider support in the Commons and the country.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 729 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.