Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,424 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
August 28, 2019, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
And, of course, Boris voted FOR May’s deal at its last hearing!?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 560 - 918
Maringer
August 29, 2019, 7:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,495
Gold Stars: 185
I'm all for democracy but it was an advisory referendum only. No legal standing at all which is actually why some of the leave campaigners who fiddled the finances didn't go to prison. Parliament is sovereign and should be quite capable of just saying it was a bad idea and we'll give it a miss, thanks.

Leavers see it as nothing but getting out of Europe. I see it as having a set of rights (as an EU citizen) forcibly removed from half the population against their will.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 561 - 918
Marinerz93
August 29, 2019, 11:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
I'm all for democracy but it was an advisory referendum only. No legal standing at all which is actually why some of the leave campaigners who fiddled the finances didn't go to prison. Parliament is sovereign and should be quite capable of just saying it was a bad idea and we'll give it a miss, thanks.

Leavers see it as nothing but getting out of Europe. I see it as having a set of rights (as an EU citizen) forcibly removed from half the population against their will.

Although legally the referendum was non-binding, the government of that time had promised to implement the result, and it initiated the official EU withdrawal process on 29 March 2017, meaning that the UK was due to leave the EU before 11PM on 29 March 2019, UK time, when the two-year period for Brexit negotiations expired, with or without a deal as voted by MP's

Seems you have selective memory or is it just a case you are only for democracy when it suits you.

Party after Party make false promises or fail to deliver so some of their manifesto after they get elected, there was more people turning out to vote than ever before for this once in a generation leave or remain, fail to deliver this mother of all promises and politics in this country is dead, dead in the home of democracy.

I see you mentioned that some of the leave campaigners who fiddled the finances didn't go to prison, that's a matter for the Police, put your complaints to them. I also see you failed to mention Open Society funding anti brexit campaigns to the tune of over £700,000 including Gina Miller in fact any party that looks to de-stabilise any government seems to get funding from open society across the world, think about that one.

Furious Lord Lamont, the Tory chancellor plunged into a recession by George Soros’ mammoth bet against the Pound 25 years ago, told him to “stick to finance”.

The Tory peer said: “It seems very perverse and odd for the Soros foundation, which exists to promote democracy, to seek to undermine democracy in this way.

“George Soros is a brilliant financier, but he should stick to finance and stay out of British politics.”

Tory Eurosceptic Iain Duncan Smith demanded Best for Britain hand back the £400,000: “He’s not a British citizen and therefore can’t even vote. Therefore I expect by tomorrow all decency demands they hand the money back and say ‘No thank you’.”

Hungary’s government made a bill as a check on the influence of Soros as his funding was destabilising Hungary through illegal immigration.

What rights are you having forcibly removed that you currently enjoy under under the EU cabal, that you didn't enjoy under a free and sovereign UK.

Remoaners

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 562 - 918
grimsby pete
August 29, 2019, 11:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer

I have always said that Cameron was stupid to give us a choice to leave,

Having done that the MP'S had a duty to take us out which they have failed to do  so we could still be debating the why 's and why not's for years to come.

Another general election is getting closer so we will see if the majority of the country want us out or want a Corbyn government.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 563 - 918
Maringer
August 29, 2019, 1:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
What I can't understand, Mz93, is exactly what you think your silly gifs actually achieve. They aren't funny, most definitely aren't clever and make you look a bit of a pillock. Other than that, you have reasonable arguments some of the time!

Mayhem was foolish to invoke article 50 before negotiations had begun (and yes, she was egged on by Corbyn's Labour Party to do so) but it bit her on the bottom when she called an election leading her to be reliant on the DUP and the Brexiteers in her party. This is why we face an appalling hard exit of the worst kind. With this in mind, parliament should be making the decisions and Johnson's ploy is using procedure as a political tool to try and outwit his opponents. From now onwards, any sitting Prime Minister could do the same.

Regardless, parliament should be the ones debating and voting on the final deal (should there be one). They should also have the option of withdrawing article 50 if they decide that is the best thing to do. They won't, of course, but a further confirmatory referendum (which your man Rees-Mogg once backed) makes sense entirely, especially with the politicians unable to come to an agreement. If you're so keen on democracy, let's have a confirmation to decide whether a hard Brexit, May's deal or remain is what people want. If the demographics weren't pointing the way they are with many leavers now deceased and young voters remain-leaning, you can be sure one would be going ahead.

I'll ignore the usual drivel about Soros, so beloved of those who get their news from dodgy right wing sources. He's rather open what he stands for and is open about the money donated to Miller's pressure group. On the other hand, we don't even know where a lot of the money came from which was donated to one of the leave campaigns. The Cambridge Analytica stuff is about as dodgy as it gets.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 564 - 918
Marinerz93
August 29, 2019, 5:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
What I can't understand, Mz93, is exactly what you think your silly gifs actually achieve. They aren't funny, most definitely aren't clever and make you look a bit of a pillock.

Other than that, you have reasonable arguments some of the time!

Mayhem was foolish to invoke article 50 before negotiations had begun (and yes, she was egged on by Corbyn's Labour Party to do so) but it bit her on the bottom when she called an election leading her to be reliant on the DUP and the Brexiteers in her party. This is why we face an appalling hard exit of the worst kind. With this in mind, parliament should be making the decisions and Johnson's ploy is using procedure as a political tool to try and outwit his opponents. From now onwards, any sitting Prime Minister could do the same.

Johnson has outwitted the europhiles and remoaners all in one sweet move. A no deal Brexit will only happen if the EU doesn't budge on the crap deal it gave after no deal was taken off the table, why would they give us a fair deal without the possibility of walking away. Boris may get the sort of deal that is workable or he walks away and we go to WTO rules, we are a big enough economy to deal with that.  

Regardless, parliament should be the ones debating and voting on the final deal (should there be one). They should also have the option of withdrawing article 50 if they decide that is the best thing to do. They won't, of course, but a further confirmatory referendum (which your man Rees-Mogg once backed) makes sense entirely, especially with the politicians unable to come to an agreement. If you're so keen on democracy, let's have a confirmation to decide whether a hard Brexit, May's deal or remain is what people want. If the demographics weren't pointing the way they are with many leavers now deceased and young voters remain-leaning, you can be sure one would be going ahead.

Talk to me about the European elections again, what party cleaned up after only being formed 6 weeks before the elections, does not compute, does not compute. I don't think your view is held by the majority who voted in the Eu elections.

So all the old dead racists were to blame, not the old and wise generation who lived through tough times and knew more about politics and holding people to account than some youth who gets spoon fed propaganda from EU funded universities and social bed wetting lefties funded by Soros and his open society.

I'll ignore the usual drivel about Soros, so beloved of those who get their news from dodgy right wing sources. He's rather open what he stands for and is open about the money donated to Miller's pressure group. On the other hand, we don't even know where a lot of the money came from which was donated to one of the leave campaigns. The Cambridge Analytica stuff is about as dodgy as it gets.

As for your comments about Soros beloved of left wing democracy hating europhile would say that. Again, if criminal activity has taken place take it to the Police.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 565 - 918
Maringer
August 29, 2019, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Q.E.D. regarding my pillock comment.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 566 - 918
Marinerz93
August 29, 2019, 5:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Q.E.D. regarding my pillock comment.

I'd rather be a pillock than a narcissistic left wing social bedwetter who hates his own country.

If the UK leaves without a deal and we don't fall off this imaginary cliff and it is business as usual that you left wing bed wetters are always crying about then it will be as you will then claim despite Brexit.

Here's to hoping the 31st October is Democracy Day..

Private Message
Reply: 567 - 918
chaos33
August 29, 2019, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
“Like captured partisans digging their own mass grave”

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 568 - 918
codcheeky
August 29, 2019, 8:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'd rather be a pillock than a narcissistic left wing social bedwetter who hates his own country.

If the UK leaves without a deal and we don't fall off this imaginary cliff and it is business as usual that you left wing bed wetters are always crying about then it will be as you will then claim despite Brexit.

Here's to hoping the 31st October is Democracy Day..

Perhaps you are the only one on here who thinks your gifs are even mildly amusing, it’s like you are stuck in 12 year old mode
Private Message
Reply: 569 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.