Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 11 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 76,167 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
July 4, 2019, 2:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Got my ballot paper through today now who should I vote for Hunt or Johnson? 🤔

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 540 - 918
Maringer
July 4, 2019, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Depends which of the over-privileged incompetent liars you like best, I suppose? Johnson is obviously more proficient at lying and less competent but it's effectively a Hobson's choice.

I'd imagine Hunt would last a little bit longer in Downing Street before a vote of no confidence but it doesn't really matter as the numbers would indicate it is pretty much in the bag for Johnson. The aged Tory membership are happy to overlook his innumerable flaws because they think he's 'charismatic'. Let's hope he doesn't start any wars before he gets turfed out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 541 - 918
chaos33
July 4, 2019, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
If you are still deluded enough to believe in brexit, get your head around this....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 542 - 918
Grim74
July 4, 2019, 9:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
James o Brian FFS I’d rather watch an orphanage burn down then listen to that depressing winging cry baby remain loser.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 543 - 918
chaos33
July 4, 2019, 9:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Listen to his expert guest then. You might learn something.
We are f***ed.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 544 - 918
Marinerz93
July 5, 2019, 11:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292

Remoaners sad face.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 545 - 918
chaos33
July 5, 2019, 12:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
So a silly graphic and a repetition of a childish phrase but not any reasoned, researched, economics backed arguments.

I haven’t heard any pro brexit counter arguments of the above type at all and certainly not from the two leadership contenders who clearly haven’t read the documents and statutes and research that they should. We haven’t heard the case and the plan because it doesn’t exist.
Anyone who has researched and reflected will have come to the same inescapable conclusions that I have. That there’s no deal to be had, there never was, and a no deal  brexit will smash our economy and social infrastructure to pieces, and I am a Euro sceptic who almost voted leave!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 546 - 918
codcheeky
July 5, 2019, 2:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from chaos33
So a silly graphic and a repetition of a childish phrase but not any reasoned, researched, economics backed arguments.

I haven’t heard any pro brexit counter arguments of the above type at all and certainly not from the two leadership contenders who clearly haven’t read the documents and statutes and research that they should. We haven’t heard the case and the plan because it doesn’t exist.
Anyone who has researched and reflected will have come to the same inescapable conclusions that I have. That there’s no deal to be had, there never was, and a no deal  brexit will smash our economy and social infrastructure to pieces, and I am a Euro sceptic who almost voted leave!

There is a deal to be had, unfortunately whoever wins the leadership contest will play up to the Brexit extremists who will not let it happen, May would have got her deal through if she had involved Labour and the SNP  in her negotiations. I believe most people accept the votes outcome, realise it was close and expect compromise. I voted leave and the totally undemocratic way the EU has selected it's new leaders shows why I was right to do so. They have completely shot themselves in the foot

I expected and hoped for a deal similar to Norway, I am not against free movement, but believe until we adopt the Euro we will be so far on the edge we are better off out. We need to be able to re-nationalise the Utilities and railways, manage our own fishing waters and keep the NHS safe.
I would probably vote remain if the only choice was no deal or remain.
Private Message
Reply: 547 - 918
Marinerz93
July 5, 2019, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from chaos33

Heard the same old guff about not joining the Euro, Europhiles will stop at nothing, just a bunch of cry babies playing chicken little, the sky's falling in ha ha. Even the doom mongering comments about the vote in 2016, the majority of it never happened and when the UK picked up again after a slight dip, the remoaning cry babies gave birth to the phrase despite Brexit, ha ha

Quick do your Eu war dance.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 548 - 918
chrissy
July 5, 2019, 4:53pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Anybody who voted leave and thought we were going to get a good deal were deluded why would the EU say yes you are leaving take this good deal with you it wont encourage any other country to leave.  
I voted leave and I did not expect to get a good deal and all the ones I have spoken to who also voted leave did not think we would end up with a good deal.
What we did expect was to leave in an orderly manner with some sort of a deal whether May's deal was good or bad it was the only deal on the table and we can thank all those useless MP's who voted against it to thank that we are still talking about it now.
We should have left months ago and be getting on with our new found freedom by now. I trust Boris to take us out but think he will make a poor Prime Minister and as far as Hunt goes I have no idea if he would take us out or not and he will also make a poor Prime Minister ..
Before the Labour voters on here say lets have another election they have even worse candidates than the Tories to run the country and having another referendum would just be a waste of time and we would be having the same argument  for years to come.
Lets just leave and make the best of what we can arrange with the rest of the world.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 549 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.