Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
chaos33 and 32 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,400 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
June 14, 2019, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Yeah they’re hilarious mate, you’re supremely witty. And no, you don’t need context when someone posts stuff as weird as you do. You’ve not hurt my feelings at any point, I doubt you’ve hurt anyone’s as it’s an anonymous message board. If you honestly think some of the bile you post is in anyway normal for an adult then please get help.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 500 - 918
Marinerz93
June 14, 2019, 9:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from mariner91
Yeah they’re hilarious mate, you’re supremely witty. And no, you don’t need context when someone posts stuff as weird as you do. You’ve not hurt my feelings at any point, I doubt you’ve hurt anyone’s as it’s an anonymous message board. If you honestly think some of the bile you post is in anyway normal for an adult then please get help.

You need to get your mummy to order you some big boy trousers, I've seen far worse than I've posted, on here and on other messages boards, yet my posts are the only ones that upset your fragile fweelings. What would you know is normal for an adult is it the same opinion of, if you were an outsider looking in again

So my replies to others posts don't need context because I post weird stuff, alrighty then.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 501 - 918
Grim74
June 15, 2019, 2:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Quoted from Bawmariner

I do think remainers have been practically ignored in the whole debate since the referendum. Politicians have a duty to listen to the 17 million that voted leave but also the 16 million that voted remain. They also have a duty to the other 25 million people in this country who didn't or couldn't vote. Most of those who didn't vote probably don't care about brexit as long as it doesn't overly affect their lives. A no deal brexit would affect everbodies lives so I don't see that as being a sensible option.
. .

In response to the worse of your terrible post why is it soooo hard to grasp for you that implementing a democratic decision means the losers are not taken into account, Therresa May has proved this, if two of my kids want to go to the skate park and the other one wants the cinema then we’re going to the skate park end of it’s really that simple. I’m pleased to say the majority of the 16 million who lost with there vote like my wife are true democrats and now accept and want to get on with it, its the 😢 babies like you who are making this once great country a laughing stock.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 502 - 918
Grim74
June 15, 2019, 2:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

So you mean she wasn't pregnant after all?

Sounds a bit like the speculation I've seen about that Shamima Begum and her pregnancy....

I’m talking about who put it there! Patrick.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 503 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
June 15, 2019, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,719
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim74

In response to the worse of your terrible post why is it soooo hard to grasp for you that implementing a democratic decision means the losers are not taken into account, Therresa May has proved this, if two of my kids want to go to the skate park and the other one wants the cinema then we’re going to the skate park end of it’s really that simple. I’m pleased to say the majority of the 16 million who lost with there vote like my wife are true democrats and now accept and want to get on with it, its the 😢 babies like you who are making this once great country a laughing stock.

If my kids voted to put their head in the oven, Id tell them no - that's stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 504 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
June 15, 2019, 3:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,719
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grim74

The fact is that people voted out of the EU and for a free trade deal with the EU (Farage, Johnson, Gove etc. all said this), not out with no deal at all. I think many remainers (including myself) would accept leaving the EU so long as a free trade deal (or as close as possible) was in place. Leaving with no deal would be a huge risk, there is lots of expert industry evidence to suggest this, and not a lot of evidence to refute it or back up how things would be better rather than worse. I accept there has been mis-information on both sides of the argument, so no one really truly knows the full extent of the risk, but for me its not worth taking such a big risk - because if it does go wrong it is likely to effect many peoples lives in a negative way. A sensible, pragmatic and patient approach is what is needed going forward so that we can leave with as little harm as possible to the country. Trying to play hard ball to appease the hard brexiteers is not going to get us anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 505 - 918
Grim74
June 15, 2019, 9:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

The fact is that people voted out of the EU and for a free trade deal with the EU (Farage, Johnson, Gove etc. all said this), not out with no deal at all. I think many remainers (including myself) would accept leaving the EU so long as a free trade deal (or as close as possible) was in place. Leaving with no deal would be a huge risk, there is lots of expert industry evidence to suggest this, and not a lot of evidence to refute it or back up how things would be better rather than worse. I accept there has been mis-information on both sides of the argument, so no one really truly knows the full extent of the risk, but for me its not worth taking such a big risk - because if it does go wrong it is likely to effect many peoples lives in a negative way. A sensible, pragmatic and patient approach is what is needed going forward so that we can leave with as little harm as possible to the country. Trying to play hard ball to appease the hard brexiteers is not going to get us anywhere.

Sensible post there Bobby but I would add that although the no deal scenario is best avoided for both parties it makes no sense at all to take it of the table during the negotiations, I’m no businessman but it’s plainly obvious that in doing so gives them the upper hand. The other thing to bear in mind is that the so-called experts predicting ‘harm to the country’ are the same so-called europhile experts that predicted financial Armageddon in the immediate aftermath of a vote leave from the EU, virtually everything they said has been proven wrong.

I’m a big believer in my country and I think we are still one of the greatest in the world I believe we would be ok with a no deal, currently the Eurozone is looking anything but stable and a no deal is the last thing they would want despite what Macron and his gangsters say, it’s time to hold our nerve and be prepared to walk away because it’s only when we do that the negotiations will get taken serious.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 506 - 918
Bawmariner
June 15, 2019, 11:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Quoted from Grim74

I think you might prefer a Dictatorship if that's your view. One were the party wins (through a sham vote or militarily) provides their supporters with land and wealth while ignoring those (or worse) that didn't vote for them.

What you are talking about is a simple binary form of democracy. Unfortunately brexit isn't simple as proven by the past 3 years. I've never actually lived under a government I have voted for so I'm pretty used to "losing" and accepting the result. Although I didn't vote for my local MP she is still my local representative even though I "lost".

Now if we had elected a parliment based on the referndum vote and told them to implement it, brexiters would have a very slight majority. To pass a vote around 98% of the brexiters would have to agree with a brexit deal. Lets say 80% of brexiters are willing to accept a no deal brexit but the others brexiters did not vote for this and therefore side with a good majority of the remainers. We wouldn't leave. However, around 30% of remainers are willing to accept they '"lost" but will not accept a hard brexit. They talk to the 30% of brexiters that are willing to have a softer brexit and come up with a compromise. To summarise that, you can only ignore the "losers" when you have a large majority or when a very small majority agrees on absoultely every detail, if not you won't pass a deal. Parliment has shown this recently when brexiters voted against brexit.

As there would probably be consquences for not implementing the brexit vote, there will be consquences for ignoring, the predominantly young, well educated remain voters. Brexiters might not like experts but if the Doctors (mostly remain voters) decide they don't want to live in the UK anymore, I personally don't look forward to a non expert diagnosing my illness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 507 - 918
Grim74
June 16, 2019, 7:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Bawmariner

I think you might prefer a Dictatorship if that's your view. One were the party wins (through a sham vote or militarily) provides their supporters with land and wealth while ignoring those (or worse) that didn't vote for them.

What you are talking about is a simple binary form of democracy. Unfortunately brexit isn't simple as proven by the past 3 years. I've never actually lived under a government I have voted for so I'm pretty used to "losing" and accepting the result. Although I didn't vote for my local MP she is still my local representative even though I "lost".

Now if we had elected a parliment based on the referndum vote and told them to implement it, brexiters would have a very slight majority. To pass a vote around 98% of the brexiters would have to agree with a brexit deal. Lets say 80% of brexiters are willing to accept a no deal brexit but the others brexiters did not voŵte for this and therefore side with a good majority of the remainers. We wouldn't leave. However, around 30% of remainers are willing to accept they '"lost" but will not accept a hard brexit. They talk to the 30% of brexiters that are willing to have a softer brexit and come up with a compromise. To summarise that, you can only ignore the "losers" when you have a large majority or when a very small majority agrees on absoultely every detail, if not you won't pass a deal. Parliment has shown this recently when brexiters voted against brexit.

As there would probably be consquences for not implementing the brexit vote, there will be consquences for ignoring, the predominantly young, well educated remain voters. Brexiters might not like experts but if the Doctors (mostly remain voters) decide they don't want to live in the UK anymore, I personally don't look forward to a non expert diagnosing my illness.

Load of waffle! All this hard Brexit nonsense was devised by the remoaners to sabotage the vote in the hope to force another vote or even cancel Brexit all together. Brexiteers didn’t vote to be half in half out, we voted to leave the corrupt union it’s laws and institutions to regain our sovereignty. I heard this constantly whilst visiting many houses a week whilst working in a town that voted overwhelmingly to leave, not once by the way did someone ever say to me ‘I want to leave so the NHS can have £350m a week’ again more BS.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 508 - 918
Bawmariner
June 16, 2019, 1:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Quoted from Grim74

Load of waffle! All this hard Brexit nonsense was devised by the remoaners to sabotage the vote in the hope to force another vote or even cancel Brexit all together. Brexiteers didn’t vote to be half in half out, we voted to leave the corrupt union it’s laws and institutions to regain our sovereignty. I heard this constantly whilst visiting many houses a week whilst working in a town that voted overwhelmingly to leave, not once by the way did someone ever say to me ‘I want to leave so the NHS can have £350m a week’ again more BS.

And I know young, intelligent people who voted for brexit on the day because they thought 'why not' in the ballot box. I'm not going to pretend I know what everyone who voted to leave voted for. You can't possibly know either. Even if you have talked to many people in the area you live in, you won't be getting a valid picture of every brexit voter in the nation.

For example, I imagine there were people in Scunthorpe who voted for high tariff protection and subidies for the steel industry. If you go talk to Jacob Rees Mogg and his ilk, their vote was to reduce tariffs to zero for a lot of products. These two visions are completely different. Hence, unless 98% of brexiters can agree on a vision then brexit is not going to be delivered in a way that pleases anybody. You can call it "waffle" but unfortunately it's the political reality we have and it is why no brexit deal has passed yet and why no deal brexit will not pass in parliament.

The hardest part is not leaving the EU. It will be deciding on our future relationship with not just the EU but the world. This is where Farage's party would crumble to pieces as they would have to pass huge amounts of legislation and if they have a party made up of far right sympathises, communists and a sprinkle of moderates, agreeing on this legislation is going to be very difficult. This is where the ignored "remoaners" might well bite back by deciding our future relationship with the world.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 509 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.