Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 17 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 76,148 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
June 9, 2019, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Pete I think its more a case of what we would get dragged into by our partners rather than having our backs covered. Most wars nowadays are not about defending territory - they are politically motivated. America needs to go to war frequently in order to fund its arms industry, which coincidentally fund most republican presidential candidates. Won't be long before they attack Iran under some false pretense and we follow along like the little puppy dogs we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 470 - 918
grimsby pete
June 9, 2019, 8:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Pete I think its more a case of what we would get dragged into by our partners rather than having our backs covered. Most wars nowadays are not about defending territory - they are politically motivated. America needs to go to war frequently in order to fund its arms industry, which coincidentally fund most republican presidential candidates. Won't be long before they attack Iran under some false pretense and we follow along like the little puppy dogs we are.

I  agree to a certain extent Bobby but when comes to push I would still rather have the yanks  with me than an Italian or Greek.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 471 - 918
Grim74
June 9, 2019, 10:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
America is one of the most copulated up countries in the world, with a political system that has been openly abused by those with the largest bank accounts. The republicans out there are a bunch of religious zealots - maybe the most dangerous people on earth in my opinion. They have an appalling track record when it comes to wars, as per Iraq which we got dragged into because of them, and people would rather be on their side than the Europeans?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/22/libya-and-the-myth-of-humanitarian-intervention/
Those pesky republicans......oh wait😳

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 472 - 918
Grim74
June 9, 2019, 10:15pm
Cocktail Drinker

Check out the recent French war record then Bobby they seem to like a bit of conflict, even with their own people it seems not that you’d know it if you’re an MSM swallower.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 473 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
June 9, 2019, 10:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Even more reason not to continue cosying up the yanks then! Even the democrats are more right wing than what we would regard as right wing. You might feel an affinity to them but I certainly don't.

Who you backing in the tory leadership contest then? Is Esther McVey going to lead our great country back to greatness? Boris Johnson?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 474 - 918
codcheeky
June 11, 2019, 6:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Even more reason not to continue cosying up the yanks then! Even the democrats are more right wing than what we would regard as right wing. You might feel an affinity to them but I certainly don't.

Who you backing in the tory leadership contest then? Is Esther McVey going to lead our great country back to greatness? Boris Johnson?

When you look at the candidates you realise how we ended up with the dreadful May, the list is so dire she would still have a good chance of winning if she stood again
Private Message
Reply: 475 - 918
Grim74
June 11, 2019, 6:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

When you look at the candidates you realise how we ended up with the dreadful May, the list is so dire she would still have a good chance of winning if she stood again

Absolutely! but the word ‘dire’ gets taken to an whole new level when you realise that May along with Brown who has been one of the worst PM’s in living memory, would stil be a hundred times over better than Corbyn.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 476 - 918
Marinerz93
June 11, 2019, 4:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Marinerz - I'm not blinkered, I agree that this is a long term goal of the EU. However, it is a fact that we have a veto and it is also a fact that we couldn't join an EU army without a separate UK referendum on this issue. In this reality, the chances of the UK being part of it are extremely remote.

I've got nothing against an EU Army personally. In a ratio of cost v level of protection I would expect it to be a far better option than trying to pretend (and fund) that we are a big player going forward on the international stage as a single UK (quite possibly only England & Wales within 10 years) ) entity.

I'd much rather be part of an EU Army than the 51st State Army of the USA.

The major economic and military giants going forward will be USA, Russia, China, (maybe India), and the EU. For me we would be far safer being a big fish in a small pond (as part of the EU) than being a tiny fish in a big pond.with no say or leverage in anything much at all.

But hey, that's just me thinking logically rather than having some kind of overblown little englander mentality. <insert stupid animated gif of men in silver battle armour with a st george cross on the front/>

How can you have logically have come to that conclusion, from the Eurocorps Rainbow Army colouring book. Comedy gold you accept it is a long term plan, just like all the other long term plans that went before and came to fruition. Tell me when we had a people's vote to be run by Brussels again, little Euorphile <insert stupid animated gif of Europhile in silver battle armour with EU stars on it and a white flag on the front/>

More comedy gold as you mention the EU as a military giant, some of the EU countries are not spending their agreed commitment to defence as per NATO, then all of a sudden you claim the EU will be a major military player, Your so far wide of the mark on this it clearly shows how deluded you really are.

I've worked with the yanks and some of the Euorpean forces and if you for one minute think we would be better with the Eurocorps than the yanks you must be so far up the EU's rear end you can't see day light, like a typical little remoaning Europhile. I can tell you from experience for all the faults of the Yanks they are far superior in weaponry, budgets and infrastructure. I know how limited we are as a force when I went to an operation in the desert and we were washing our clothes in buckets and getting washed out of mess tins whilst sleeping in canvas tents with no air conditioning. The yanks rock up with prefab accommodation that is air conditioned, washing machines, hair dressers and the sort of budget on daily rations we can only dream off then a load of lorries sound their horns as they roll into camp and bam, burger king, pizza hut and green bean and a multitude of other home comforts, like the flipping internet, whoop whoop. The EU rock up with next to near no gear with that look of I have no idea how I got here or what I am here for on their faces, that is except the French particularly the French Legionaries, wow fine dining like you would not believe and highly professional.

Never mind eh, you can join your other little europhiles doing your war dance, that'll have the Russians on the back foot as your Glorious Eurocorps Rainbow army fire their spud guns. Better still wave that piece of paper with your veto on it  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 477 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
June 12, 2019, 7:48am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

How can you have logically have come to that conclusion, from the Eurocorps Rainbow Army colouring book. Comedy gold you accept it is a long term plan, just like all the other long term plans that went before and came to fruition. Tell me when we had a people's vote to be run by Brussels again, little Euorphile <insert stupid animated gif of Europhile in silver battle armour with EU stars on it and a white flag on the front/>

More comedy gold as you mention the EU as a military giant, some of the EU countries are not spending their agreed commitment to defence as per NATO, then all of a sudden you claim the EU will be a major military player, Your so far wide of the mark on this it clearly shows how deluded you really are.

I've worked with the yanks and some of the Euorpean forces and if you for one minute think we would be better with the Eurocorps than the yanks you must be so far up the EU's rear end you can't see day light, like a typical little remoaning Europhile. I can tell you from experience for all the faults of the Yanks they are far superior in weaponry, budgets and infrastructure. I know how limited we are as a force when I went to an operation in the desert and we were washing our clothes in buckets and getting washed out of mess tins whilst sleeping in canvas tents with no air conditioning. The yanks rock up with prefab accommodation that is air conditioned, washing machines, hair dressers and the sort of budget on daily rations we can only dream off then a load of lorries sound their horns as they roll into camp and bam, burger king, pizza hut and green bean and a multitude of other home comforts, like the flipping internet, whoop whoop. The EU rock up with next to near no gear with that look of I have no idea how I got here or what I am here for on their faces, that is except the French particularly the French Legionaries, wow fine dining like you would not believe and highly professional.

Never mind eh, you can join your other little europhiles doing your war dance, that'll have the Russians on the back foot as your Glorious Eurocorps Rainbow army fire their spud guns. Better still wave that piece of paper with your veto on it  

I think you are getting a bit confused Marinerz93. Read what I said again very slowly. You are comparing what you have seen in the past with something that doesn't even exist and is extremely unlikely to happen in the future.

What part of "In English Law it states that we cannot join an EU Army without a separate referendum on that one issue" are you struggling to understand?

Did you have to take a job in the forces because you couldn't get one anywhere else?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 478 - 918
Grim74
June 12, 2019, 8:05am
Cocktail Drinker

I think you are getting a bit confused Marinerz93. Read what I said again very slowly. You are comparing what you have seen in the past with something that doesn't even exist and is extremely unlikely to happen in the future.

What part of "In English Law it states that we cannot join an EU Army without a separate referendum on that one issue" are you struggling to understand?

Did you have to take a job in the forces because you couldn't get one anywhere else?

Disgraceful 😠

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 479 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.