Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 9 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 75,952 views. Print
92 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
December 12, 2018, 10:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,108
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ska face
  • May comes back next week with the EU having told her to bolllocks. She can’t dress up the same terrible deal
  • Deal gets voted down and GE is called
  • Article 50 extended, Labour win election and negotiate deal on their terms rather than the ridiculous red lines May has set out
  • Labour run 2nd referendum on either their deal or remain

Best case scenario.

no way a general election is happening - Tory MPs are like turkeys, they ain't going to vote for Xmas!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 918
Town Monkey
December 12, 2018, 2:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
I think if May goes tonight or tomorrow we'll have a Brexiteer PM and No Deal looks remarkably likely.  In which case, I think we'll all live to regret it.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 918
hheh2
December 12, 2018, 3:27pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Will Grimsby get a fishing port again with no deal Brexit.

Poojah's fishy

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 918
Town Monkey
December 12, 2018, 3:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
Very unlikely hheh2.  Even if we do, and I doubt it would be for a while, it won't make up for the massive losses elsewhere in the country due to the turmoil caused by falling out of the single market and the customs union.  A few days ago, I couldn't see no deal really being an option but now, who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 918
grimsby pete
December 12, 2018, 4:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from hheh2
Will Grimsby get a fishing port again with no deal Brexit.

My brother in law who went to sea when we had a fishing fleet told me IF we did get our waters back WHO out of the younger generation would want to go to sea and work in those dreadful conditions that he put up with.

Good Question .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 918
forza ivano
December 12, 2018, 8:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,108
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from grimsby pete

My brother in law who went to sea when we had a fishing fleet told me IF we did get our waters back WHO out of the younger generation would want to go to sea and work in those dreadful conditions that he put up with.

Good Question .

Indeed. And who would we sell our fish to? Most goes to the e.u. Who would demand access to fishing grounds in exchange for tariff fee sale of our fish to their market. There isn't any easy answers in this game no matter what fox, Davies and Johnson say
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 918
GrimRob
December 12, 2018, 9:35pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,339
Gold Stars: 113
There's nothing stopping UK people fishing now. We have to compete with the other countries for quotas, but it's not as though we are excluded from the nearby fishing territories.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 36 - 918
Gaffer58
December 13, 2018, 6:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Just tell the Germans that BMW's, Audis, Volkswagens are all going to be subject to new tariffs, see how quickly they want to do a deal then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 918
arryarryarry
December 14, 2018, 4:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Maringer

Yes, at least one of those and probably all three. Some of them possibly more than once!

It was always going to be a farce, because the referendum was so stupidly conceived by Cameron and so didn't make any attempt to explain or clarify what 'Brexit' actually meant. Most people didn't have a clue what the Customs Union or Single Market meant to the economy, the difficulties leaving them or the things the EU funded in the UK but instead thought all that was involved was the inane tabloid bullet points about 'immigrants' and 'getting our money back'. I'd guess 90% of leavers didn't have any idea of what the ramifications might be - probably a similar proportion of remainers, too, for that matter.

The 'deal' was never going to be anything but a BRINO (Brexit in Name Only) because May cut her own throat by delivering Article 50 before any discussion of what Brexit actually meant, any plans were made or behind the scenes negotiations had taken place. This isn't a party political point, either, as Corbyn was apparently agitating to deliver Article 50 even sooner. Handing all the cards to the people you're trying to negotiate with is really a very bad idea.

With clowns such as Davis (who couldn't think his way out of a paper bag), Fox (somebody who previously had to resign from Government in disgrace for dishonest behaviour), Johnson (ego-maniac who cares about nothing but his own career) and 'Dover is an important port?' Raab running the show, is it really any surprise that nothing which could be considered any sort of a 'good deal' has been secured? Especially when May is so weak that she's beholden to the creationist nutjobs of the DUP, not to mention the looniest fringes of her own party.

If ever there was an example of a failing state, we're it.

If I asked you to give me £10 and I gave you back £5 for an ice cream would you go dancing down the road shouting "look I've been given some money for an ice cream"

Nice to see the remainers response by insulting those who want to leave the EU, what a great way to try to bring people together.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 918
arryarryarry
December 14, 2018, 4:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,927
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from ska face
  • May comes back next week with the EU having told her to bolllocks. She can’t dress up the same terrible deal
  • Deal gets voted down and GE is called
  • Article 50 extended, Labour win election and negotiate deal on their terms rather than the ridiculous red lines May has set out
  • Labour run 2nd referendum on either their deal or remain

Best case scenario.

I thought the EU have said the deal we have now been given is the only deal on offer and will not be changed.

Also who really knows what the Labour Party want, Corbyn has been anti-EU for all his political life also those 6 tests which include staying in a customs union and aligned to the single market would mean continued free movement and contributions to the EU budget. You may as well stay in the EU
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 918
92 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.