Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,007 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
February 19, 2019, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Who ssaid owt about picking a fight with Russia? NATO is doing better in those stakes than the EU right now. I agree with Trump on one thing. The EU needs to be able to defend itself. Like I said, it'll take time.

As for the capability to attack other countries like Libya. Well that worked out well for us didn't it?

Another one of Cameron's stand-out achievements.... why he's not been knighted yet I just don't know  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 170 - 918
Marinerz93
February 19, 2019, 11:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Who ssaid owt about picking a fight with Russia? NATO is doing better in those stakes than the EU right now. I agree with Trump on one thing. The EU needs to be able to defend itself. Like I said, it'll take time.

As for the capability to attack other countries like Libya. Well that worked out well for us didn't it?

The EU top cheeses have been spouting for the last couple of years the need for an EU army to front up to Russia, a far more aggressive stance than what NATO has been accused of by Putin. The Federal EU Army will take an age to replace the capabilities we have under NATO, you don't seem to recognize that this will cost billions and who is going to pay for it, as no country has the resources the yanks have and also the command structure, if the UK stayed in the EU would you be happy with the Belgians commanding our forces into war.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
February 20, 2019, 8:02am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Do you realise that Cameron secured a veto over us joining a European Army and "ever closer union" before the brexit vote even took place?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 918
Marinerz93
February 21, 2019, 3:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
Do you realise that Cameron secured a veto over us joining a European Army and "ever closer union" before the brexit vote even took place?

In a federal Europe where countries powers have been transferred to the EU, there will be no veto, watch and see.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 918
grimsby pete
February 21, 2019, 6:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I think Ohman is the best Swedish player ever to play for town,

Thought I would just highjack this thread,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
February 21, 2019, 7:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,720
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Marinerz93

In a federal Europe where countries powers have been transferred to the EU, there will be no veto, watch and see.

The point is that we have a veto over ever closer union, so we would never be part of a federal europe and therefore is a bogus reason to vote for brexit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 918
Maringer
February 21, 2019, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,403
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from grimsby pete

I DEMAND THAT THE MODS DELETE THIS FOOTBALL-RELATED POST IN A NON-FOOTY THREAD!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 918
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2019, 12:32am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Marinerz93

The EU top cheeses have been spouting for the last couple of years the need for an EU army to front up to Russia, a far more aggressive stance than what NATO has been accused of by Putin. The Federal EU Army will take an age to replace the capabilities we have under NATO, you don't seem to recognize that this will cost billions and who is going to pay for it, as no country has the resources the yanks have and also the command structure, if the UK stayed in the EU would you be happy with the Belgians commanding our forces into war.

How can I put this more clearly for you. The original point I made about the EU army is that now the UK is leaving the EU they can get on with it, without us blocking progress. It isn't going to cost us money as we won't be part of it.

A lot of NATO spending is on force projection. The burghers of Europe won't want to spend more than they have to, so the EU army will adopt a defensive posture. Unlike NATO which has actively encircled Russia since the collapse of the SU (despite promises not to do anything of the sort). Putin's mob do moan about the EU, but they reserve their worst vitriol for NATO.

As for the Yanks having more resources to pay for things than Europe. You're having a giraffe aren't you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 177 - 918
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2019, 12:39am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

What about Graham Taylor. I'm sure I read that he was a Suede.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 918
KingstonMariner
February 22, 2019, 12:39am
Meths Drinker

What about Graham Taylor. I'm sure I read that he was a Suede.  

Oh, and more seriously.........Martin Pringle.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.