Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 23 Guests

Brexit

This thread currently has 77,444 views. Print
92 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Roast Em Bobby
February 25, 2019, 7:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
That's a pretty poor attempt at using diversion tactics to shy away from the truth. The fact the article is 2 years old is utterly irrelevant. It is still impossible for the UK (or any other country) to be raid-roaded into an EU army against their will.

Your obviously paranoid, stupid, ignorant or all three.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 918
Maringer
February 25, 2019, 8:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Pro tip: inserting meme gifs into a post doesn't do anything but make it look puerile.

As for the rest of the post, it is, as usual, handwavy projections about something which somebody claims might happen in the future in the event of perfidious politicians voting against their own national interest for an undisclosed reason. All whilst ignoring the fact that we could opt out or veto and if they tried to take the veto away in this regard, then we could consider leaving for a sensible reason.

The fact that you singled out the quote from UKIP as being the only true part is risible.

The daftest point of this is that you're so keen on NATO when it is pretty obvious that the Yanks couldn't give a flying excrement about the alliance, especially with the orange excrement gibbon in chief running the show over there. All they see it as is an opportunityto  extend their own sphere of influence, defence be damned. As KM notes, it was the thoughtless expansionism of NATO into the Baltic states and Eastern Europe which has led to most of the modern tensions with Russia, and you can add in a civil war in the Ukraine into the mix as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 918
Marinerz93
February 25, 2019, 7:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Pro tip: inserting meme gifs into a post doesn't do anything but make it look puerile.

Pro tip  

As for the rest of the post, it is, as usual, handwavy projections about something which somebody claims might happen in the future in the event of perfidious politicians voting against their own national interest for an undisclosed reason. All whilst ignoring the fact that we could opt out or veto and if they tried to take the veto away in this regard, then we could consider leaving for a sensible reason.

pro tip, we joined a common market not political union, did this political union happen with our permission, no, did it happen over night, no. It all happened over many years of back door deals and people turning a blind eye to what was going on, did we vote for it no.
Projections are based on what is being voiced by EU leaders who have voiced things before and they have come to fruition, like I said in a previous post, time will tell as it has with the EU army you and many other cry baby remainers said would never happen.

The fact that you singled out the quote from UKIP as being the only true part is risible.

Everything UKIP has made public knowledge about how the EU operates has exposed the EU for what it is and where it is heading. Also if you listen to other parties within the EU it isn't just UKIP exposing what is going on and what is planned.

The daftest point of this is that you're so keen on NATO when it is pretty obvious that the Yanks couldn't give a flying excrement about the alliance, especially with the orange excrement gibbon in chief running the show over there. All they see it as is an opportunityto  extend their own sphere of influence, defence be damned. As KM notes, it was the thoughtless expansionism of NATO into the Baltic states and Eastern Europe which has led to most of the modern tensions with Russia, and you can add in a civil war in the Ukraine into the mix as well.

No doubt it show cases US military and helps their sales like it does for the UK.

Yes, lets blame NATO and the yanks far more too it and far more political, pro tip, read The constitution of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 918
Marinerz93
February 25, 2019, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
That's a pretty poor attempt at using diversion tactics to shy away from the truth. The fact the article is 2 years old is utterly irrelevant. It is still impossible for the UK (or any other country) to be raid-roaded into an EU army against their will.

Your obviously paranoid, stupid, ignorant or all three.

The report is nonsense, option to leave will be gone with the first puff of air from a PM wanting to make a name for themselves aka peace envoy Blair, all it will take is someone like verhofstadt or Junker and our politicians with the breaking strain of a kit kat will give in and the next thing you know is we are knee deep in it as mission creep has set in as it always does.

Truth, did the UK join a common market or political union, does the ECJ have jurisdiction over UK law, who voted for that, who gave the EU the power for that.

I'll take Paranoid, you can keep stupid and ignorant.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 918
Roast Em Bobby
February 25, 2019, 8:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
I could prove you wrong on every point you make, but i'd just be wasting my time. Your clearly a nut-job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 918
Marinerz93
February 25, 2019, 10:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I could prove you wrong on every point you make, but i'd just be wasting my time. Your clearly a nut-job.

You haven't proven any points but given dated so called facts from June 2016. So it would seem we are both a bit nutty

Private Message
Reply: 195 - 918
mariner91
February 25, 2019, 10:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Marinerz93

You haven't proven any points but given dated so called facts from June 2016. So it would seem we are both a bit nutty

Except they're not dated because nothing has changed. We have the right to veto things right up until we leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 918
chrissy
February 26, 2019, 2:54pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Well well well, how many times has May gone back on her word ?

She said no snap election,

She had said no PM would let N Ireland be different to the rest of the UK,

Gone back on both of those,

She said over one hundred times we are leaving with or without a deal on March 29th,

Now she says it can be extended.

I can not take her serious anymore,

Mind you Corbyne is not better  he says we should have another referendum

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 918
cmackenzie4
February 26, 2019, 6:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Question

If we have another referendum and the leave wins again what happens then ? and if we have another referendum and the remain wins would there be another referendum after that ? (best out of 3)

How would another vote (which is looking more likely now)   work? I’m puzzled

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 918
DocDock
February 27, 2019, 8:40am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Question

If we have another referendum and the leave wins again what happens then ? and if we have another referendum and the remain wins would there be another referendum after that ? (best out of 3)

How would another vote (which is looking more likely now)   work? I’m puzzled

The only thing that’s certain is that nothing is certain at the moment. Seemingly nobody but May and the Yes men that surround her think her deal is a good deal. The fact her Government can’t come to an agreement with the EU means to me that the only realistic option is to put all the options back out to the public by means of a vote. Personally i hope that the shitshow of the last 2 and a half years has shown many that leaving the EU is a bad idea but I’m not holding out much hope.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 918
92 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.