Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 73 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,950 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
No s**t Quakerz, you are hard work. What's this on your board..

"What grated my gears was a comment "you beat us with players you could not afford" - but technically they can't afford their players without a benefactor."

We HAVE a benefactor! John Fenty, benign loans, wages paid every week, yes things are tight but we haven't owed local businesses anything while spending the money we owed them. None of these things can be applied to you.

Do NOT compare the two situations. We would sell Hearn before we considered Admin or anything serious while you continued spending.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 222
upthestripes
January 30, 2012, 6:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
What a fascinating read this thread has been.

P.S. Helgy I wish you'd put "from a Lincoln fan" after that post or you'll get us into more trouble

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 6:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Seems a few Lincoln fans think along Helgy's lines, as do a lot of fans from various clubs

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 7:01pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Helgy
3 times in admin, no lesson learned, no sympathy for them.

Define 'them'. The fans? The owners?

As Quakerz says - why should the fans pay at the expense of 3 clueless owners?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 222
BlackBoots
January 30, 2012, 7:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Seems that the OP has stirred up a hornets nest.

Football hasnt been a level playing field for several decades so to cry wolf seems a little childish, even ignorant.

Yes, Darlo have never been able to afford their players but then again can Man City without the huge 'investment'?

GTFC are reliant upon one mans money whether some like it or not. One difference is however  that GTFC do own their ground and therefore, at least partially, Fentys loans are secured. Darlo havent owned their own ground as far as i am aware and therefore they have continually been vunerable but also ignorant.

I do have sympathy for those who cannot see their way clear to wish them well after three administrations. It is without doubt excessive.

Going into admin 3 times would suggest a flawed business model, perhaps even a totally unsustainable one.

Darlo fans have a duty to ensure that any new company in whatever form, is finacially transparent. That expenditure is less than income and no gambles on 'football fortune' ever take place again. Their Trust MUST take the moral high ground and insist on a say. I dont think they should run the club, i dont think that is sensible, but surely they have a Trust who can muster some sensible and considered people who can see the bigger picture.
Our Trust certainly seems to have a few people with accumen to assist GTFC and I hope Darlo have the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 7:05pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from BlackBoots
Seems that the OP has stirred up a hornets nest.

Football hasnt been a level playing field for several decades so to cry wolf seems a little childish, even ignorant.

Yes, Darlo have never been able to afford their players but then again can Man City without the huge 'investment'?

GTFC are reliant upon one mans money whether some like it or not. One difference is however  that GTFC do own their ground and therefore, at least partially, Fentys loans are secured. Darlo havent owned their own ground as far as i am aware and therefore they have continually been vunerable but also ignorant.

I do have sympathy for those who cannot see their way clear to wish them well after three administrations. It is without doubt excessive.

Going into admin 3 times would suggest a flawed business model, perhaps even a totally unsustainable one.

Darlo fans have a duty to ensure that any new company in whatever form, is finacially transparent. That expenditure is less than income and no gambles on 'football fortune' ever take place again. Their Trust MUST take the moral high ground and insist on a say. I dont think they should run the club, i dont think that is sensible, but surely they have a Trust who can muster some sensible and considered people who can see the bigger picture.
Our Trust certainly seems to have a few people with accumen to assist GTFC and I hope Darlo have the same

Which is precisely the offer we have on the table now. Our long term goal should be to move away from the stadium, but for the time being businessman, Paul Wildes wants to milk every single penny from the arena because he believes it hasn't before.

Coupled with this offer he has made an open offer to the fans to buy 40% off the club giving us the transparancy we crave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 222
TownSNAFU5
January 30, 2012, 7:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,893
Gold Stars: 42
I have  not read every post here.

A similar injustice.

TalkSport tonight: Alan Smith loaned to MK Dons. He is on a reported £60K a week.  MK are paying only £2K a week.

Is this fair to other promotion rivals? MK cannot afford him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 222
monkeyhanger70
January 30, 2012, 7:08pm
Coke Drinker
Hartlepool fans here!!

Sat in the pub with the lads and someone has just mentioned this thread so we thought we would have a look.....GOBSMACKED!  Lets get one thing straight, love to see Darlo loose....better when they are relegated, Im sure they are the same, we love to hate each other.  HOWEVER what you have done is appalling, and I bet the back room barrister who did this thought he was the big man.  No club deserves to go bust through bad management...why should the fans suffer??

It looks as though because the North east clubs have rallied around Darlo it has drunk you lot right off!  Anyway because of this thread we have decided to chuck Darlo a few quid and one thing is for certain we are not laughing at them we are laughing at you!....MUPPETS!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from monkeyhanger70
Hartlepool fans here!!

Sat in the pub with the lads and someone has just mentioned this thread so we thought we would have a look.....GOBSMACKED!  Lets get one thing straight, love to see Darlo loose....better when they are relegated, Im sure they are the same, we love to hate each other.  HOWEVER what you have done is appalling, and I bet the back room barrister who did this thought he was the big man.  No club deserves to go bust through bad management...why should the fans suffer??

It looks as though because the North east clubs have rallied around Darlo it has drunk you lot right off!  Anyway because of this thread we have decided to chuck Darlo a few quid and one thing is for certain we are not laughing at them we are laughing at you!....MUPPETS!!

Great. We made you chuck some money at Darlo. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered. Can't argue with that reasoning.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 222
Stan_darlo
January 30, 2012, 7:21pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

We have some financial problems, yes, but they have really been compounded by the fact that we have dropped out of the league, an event which came about partly because we didn't abuse the system and clear our debts. John Fenty has got LOTS of things wrong at the club but as a businessman he knows exactly what administration is about and has done all he can to avoid it, something I admire while at the same time *almost* wondering if we have been a little naive not to abuse the system as it  has so obviously resulted in some clubs coming up smelling of roses.  I'm pretty confident we'd have regrouped and NOT needed two more spells of admin though.
To me, some Darlo fans seem to miss the point completely, you are lucky to still be running, you are in one almighty and horrific mess and the consequences of that MUST be that as a club you have to struggle to put out a team on matchdays. Administration in the real world is all about cutting an almost out of business company to the bone, not taking on more staff, and fans simply want to see the football bosses empower those rules. Nothing personal or ant-Darlo from me, I assure you.

How can you say this though? Anyone could take over your club and do whatever they want with it, what makes you think a new owner wouldn't come in and do the same thing as ours have? People keep the club should have learned our lessons but "the club" has been different every time, the fans don't run the club the chairmen do and there is nothing the fans can do to stop the chairmen spending beyond their means!

I'm not anti-Grimsby in any way, I am not having a dig at your club in particular but was using your financial problems as an example of how the vast majority of clubs rely on someone propping them up financially. It really annoys me when people have a dig for spending beyond our means and not learning our lessons when pretty much every other club is doing it.

Also i agree that costs need to be slashed but what is the problem with bringing in a couple of lads on loan for free?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.