Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 10:42am
Last week I was incensed that Darlington were trying to get four players in on loan, 2 from Boro and 2 from Newcastle. I felt it was unfair on clubs that paid their bills and couldn't afford loan players especially Prem/Championship standard. It was unfair on these clubs and compromised the integrity of the league!

Today I received a reply. It stated Darlo have 26 players registered ten of these senior pro's. Why register 26 if they did not feel those players were able to play. Darlo therefore have sufficient players registered to allow them to field a team.

A second reply concerning the potential loans. Stated why allow a club that can't pay existing debts be allowed to accrue more by taking on loan players. The reply also indicated that the league are concerned about the integrity of the league and the affect on other clubs in the league!

I understood this to mean they are concerned about the quality of Free loans of a calibre not available to clubs also struggling but won't rack up debt to bring in loan players, as they can't get Free Prem/Chship ones!!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 30, 2012, 10:53am; Reply: 1
I too got a reply from the conference, as follows......

Quoted Text
Darlington FC has 26 players registered all of whom, it is reasonable to assume, are capable of playing in the First Team, otherwise I question why they have been signed by the Club to play in the Football Conference. 26, which includes 10 full-time professionals, and other senior non-contract players, is sufficient to fulfil its obligations.

It would clearly not be prudent to allow the club to recruit more players, increasing its costs, when it is unable to pay its current players. This would be unfair on the present playing staff and unfair on the other clubs in the Competition who are paying their bills.

As for fielding a weakened team, it is not possible to compile or manipulate the fixture list and play only when Darlington FC (or any other club for that matter) is able to field its strongest possible team. The relative strength of every club changes because of injuries, suspensions or just resting players, e.g. Hull v Crawley on Saturday. It is simply impossible to guarantee the strength of each club will remain consistent throughout the season.

The Football Conference

But Darlington believe they are going to be allowed loan players.......

Quoted Text
What we were told on Friday is that we can go one for one. So if one player goes out I can bring one in, which is a little bit of help, although we lost Paul Arnison today," Liddle told the Northern Echo after the Minstermen clash.

Will be interesting to see what happens?
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:04am; Reply: 2
I got a further reply when I asked if it was fair Darlo bringing in players of a calibre others couldn't afford n Darlo getting them free! The reply seemed to indicate that firstly Darlo would not be allowed to rack up more debt when they havnt paid existing debt. Secondly the integrity of other clubs who do pay their bills has to be protected. However I get the impression Darlo will manipulate the system or find loopholes!
Posted by: marinerjase, January 30, 2012, 11:10am; Reply: 3
Why worry about what they're doing?? IF we are to get in the play offs then let our results dictate we do, not leave it in the hands of others to decide/dictate. On current form no-one will look forward to playing us, there's enough points left to play for to enable us to guarantee a play off spot, even allowing for a slow first 4 months of the season. Stop looking at others and just concentrate on us.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 11:12am; Reply: 4
I can see some of these Darlo youth players getting "injured" soon.

It's a mess all round but them bringing in more players may help us when they play the teams around us.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 11:12am; Reply: 5
yeah, because they shouldnt be able to have players coming in!!!

the only players to be able to play for them are those already registered with the club, or those that are not contracted to another club.
they SHOULD NOT be able to sign players. wether that is on loan or as a free transfer. a whole player EMBARGO should be in force, otherwise, they are making a mockery of the whole system.

I can honestly see this going a lot further than it is already. clubs like Bath, Newport, Hayes and all must be fuming when they see this (and too with kettering) and already have their solicitors on the case.
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 11:21am; Reply: 6
Quoted from marinerjase
Why worry about what they're doing?? IF we are to get in the play offs then let our results dictate we do, not leave it in the hands of others to decide/dictate. On current form no-one will look forward to playing us, there's enough points left to play for to enable us to guarantee a play off spot, even allowing for a slow first 4 months of the season. Stop looking at others and just concentrate on us.

Jase - it's the principle for me - if Darlo are operating outside the rules or rules are being bent to keep them alive then in my view the wrong doing should be exposed and they should go - it's fairer to every team in  the Conference. We'll all know where we stand and we can concentrate on what we're doing.  A line will have been drawn in the sand.

I feel sorry for their fans but their team has had one too many reprieves for my liking - while our executive management has played within the rules, done everything to avoid admin and racked up huge debts doing so.
Posted by: marinerjase, January 30, 2012, 11:24am; Reply: 7
Fair do's mate..what will be ..will be :)
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:28am; Reply: 8
I had my say after someone posted the conf contact details. We shouldn't have to face Darlo with them fielding Chship/Prem loan players, York didn't have to n Darlo did enough with what they've got to earn a draw. I respect Darlo for grinding that result out n that's demonstrated they don't need an influx of quality players others can't have or afford! It's purely on principle of fairness I complained to the conf.
Posted by: twitterman, January 30, 2012, 11:28am; Reply: 9
In the end no matter what the Conference are doing we've still got to win the fixtures to get as far up the table as we can this season.Complaining about what other clubs are doing is clutching at straws in my opinion as nothing can be done about it so lets up all our unused banter sod thats going on and get behind Town
TBH complaining about it to the Conference is llike pi$$ing in the wind and trying to catch it
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:32am; Reply: 10
I disagree strongly. From the reply I got from the conf they are going to protect the integrity of the league for those clubs playing by the rules above those trying to manipulate/find loopholes. So it was worthwhile asking questions. However I totally agree with your statement let's concentrate on us n forge ahead full steam!! UTM.
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 11:35am; Reply: 11
Quoted from twitterman
In the end no matter what the Conference are doing we've still got to win the fixtures to get as far up the table as we can this season.Complaining about what other clubs are doing is clutching at straws in my opinion as nothing can be done about it so lets up all our unused banter sod thats going on and get behind Town
TBH complaining about it to the Conference is llike pi$$ing in the wind and trying to catch it

I just think it should be a level playing field - or as level as possible.

Posted by: marinerjase, January 30, 2012, 11:35am; Reply: 12
The bigger problem may be Kettering..
Posted by: hazdy, January 30, 2012, 11:43am; Reply: 13
Find it funny that so many are quiverring their chins and stamping their little feet and crying "it's just not fair!"

If any team can get a premiership player on loan - good luck to them. If that premiership team's loan is free, so what? Would we complain if we had a friendly premiership team loaning us reserve players? No - I'm sure everyone would probably think that we deserve it, but yet for some reason Darlington don't.

For crying out load - the game isn't fair. Get over it. We don't have any billionaires funding our club. Why not write to the league and demand that this be put right immediately?
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:45am; Reply: 14
Agreed Kettering are plodding on n full respect to them! How bad were Lincoln to lose to a side in such a mess. Luckily SnH prepared us well n focussed on winning whatever Kettering said or did pre match!
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 11:46am; Reply: 15
Quoted from marinerjase
The bigger problem may be Kettering..

There is something we you can do about that one:

Kettering Town FC have still not received over £200,000 in outstanding sponsorship from DRC Locums - overdue since last year.

As a result our players and suppliers have not been paid and many people are being evicted from their homes. The club faces a winding up petition on 6th February and after 140yrs history the club could be liquidated.

If you have the opportunity please:

1. Sign the online petition urging DRC Locums to make payment:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save ... g-town-fc/ and/or

2. Forward this email to your friends, work colleagues and other football lovers and/or

3. Post a thread on your fans forum and/or

4. Paste to facebook/twitter

5. Call DRC Locums on 01908 545999 and ask why a £60m company is not paying their debt

Many thanks in advance for your assistance. It may help save our club.

daveyboy

Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:52am; Reply: 16
Wrong petition came up?
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:01pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Trawler

Jase - it's the principle for me - if Darlo are operating outside the rules or rules are being bent to keep them alive then in my view the wrong doing should be exposed and they should go - it's fairer to every team in  the Conference. We'll all know where we stand and we can concentrate on what we're doing.  A line will have been drawn in the sand.

I feel sorry for their fans but their team has had one too many reprieves for my liking - while our executive management has played within the rules, done everything to avoid admin and racked up huge debts doing so.

Good on Ticker I say - keep bugging the Conference.

Kettering have been able to bring in a couple of players because unlike us they didn't register their youth team.

Our squad on Saturday contained ten teenagers. If you compare the Kettering line up to the Darlington line up, theirs is vastly more experienced. We have effectively been punished because we registered our youth players in order to fulfil our fixtures, something that Kettering haven't done.

Also if Grimsby have racked up "huge debts" who are these debts owed to and why haven't they been called in? Grimsby fans cannot complain if you are spending more than you earn.

Lastly, what do you lads hope to gain by trying to screw us even more? We beat you, and if we get weaker and weaker we are more likely to get hammered more and more by other teams which is hardly playing to your advantage.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 12:04pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ticker_1610
Wrong petition came up?

So it is! This one is the correct one I think:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-kettering-town-fc/
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:09pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ticker_1610
I had my say after someone posted the conf contact details. We shouldn't have to face Darlo with them fielding Chship/Prem loan players, York didn't have to n Darlo did enough with what they've got to earn a draw. I respect Darlo for grinding that result out n that's demonstrated they don't need an influx of quality players others can't have or afford! It's purely on principle of fairness I complained to the conf.

Whoa, wait a minute, we might loan odd players off Boro like you might loan them off Hull, what's the problem?

Bottom line is we have MASSIVELY reduced our wage bill, with only 9 pro players left (3 of these are 19 year olds on peanuts), and nobody can say we attempted to hold on to well paid players during administration.

It is now getting to the point where we cannot field a decent team (despite the York result), exasperated by injuries, and the integrity of the competition is being brought into question.

How is it fair on teams such as yourself who played a full strength Darlo team and lost, if we are going to end up getting tanked 6-0 off all your rivals next month?  :-/

I think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 30, 2012, 12:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Quakerz

Lastly, what do you lads hope to gain by trying to screw us even more? We beat you, and if we get weaker and weaker we are more likely to get hammered more and more by other teams which is hardly playing to your advantage.

Nobody is trying to 'screw' you even more. If Darlo are saved in the next few days, you will have the stigma of the last few years following you around. I am sorry but the way your club has been run makes you a laughing stock and target to rival fans. I think it would be better if you died tomorrow, formed a new team AKA AFC Wimbledon and worked your way up the pyramid. Then you would have the respect and backing of all true football fans. I would make a donation for a new club, but would not to save what you have now, which is less than nothing!
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:18pm; Reply: 21
To be fair, it's only made us a target to Grimsby fans so far. Everybody else has backed us to try and save the club.

I have been overwhelmed by the support extended our way.

By the way, it wouldn't be better if we died tomorrow because we'd have nowhere to play, if we did I'd probably agree with you.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Quakerz

Whoa, wait a minute, we might loan odd players off Boro like you might loan them off Hull, what's the problem?

Bottom line is we have MASSIVELY reduced our wage bill, with only 9 pro players left (3 of these are 19 year olds on peanuts), and nobody can say we attempted to hold on to well paid players during administration.

It is now getting to the point where we cannot field a decent team (despite the York result), exasperated by injuries, and the integrity of the competition is being brought into question.

How is it fair on teams such as yourself who played a full strength Darlo team and lost, if we are going to end up getting tanked 6-0 off all your rivals next month?  :-/

I think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

What don't you get, you beat us with a side you couldn't afford and you've got the admin habit like a smack head has for their fix.  

Cheating constantly effects the league as a whole and to be honest the sooner you get your house in order the better, while your at it pay all those poor sods you keep ripping off back and have some integrity FFS.
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Quakerz
To be fair, it's only made us a target to Grimsby fans so far. Everybody else has backed us to try and save the club.

By the way, it wouldn't be better if we died tomorrow because we'd have nowhere to play, if we did I'd probably agree with you.

Your support has mainly come from clubs who have been through serious financial difficulties (Boro, Wednesday and York looking at your forum).

Without getting in to an old debate, because of Fenty this has never really been the case for GTFC so perhaps that is why we are not so understanding of teams who go in to admin, clear their debt and start again.

Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Quakerz

Your support has mainly come from clubs who have been through serious financial difficulties (Boro, Wednesday and York looking at your forum).

Without getting in to an old debate, because of Fenty this has never really been the case for GTFC so perhaps that is why we are not so understanding of teams who go in to admin, clear their debt and start again.

Posted by: hazdy, January 30, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Nobody is trying to 'screw' you even more. If Darlo are saved in the next few days, you will have the stigma of the last few years following you around. I am sorry but the way your club has been run makes you a laughing stock and target to rival fans. I think it would be better if you died tomorrow, formed a new team AKA AFC Wimbledon and worked your way up the pyramid. Then you would have the respect and backing of all true football fans. I would make a donation for a new club, but would not to save what you have now, which is less than nothing!

I really can't understand this animosity towards Darlington. AFC Darlington or not - what's the difference to what's left of Darlington now? It's the same fans, and the same issues.  If you want to take the moral high ground about creditors being paid etc. surely Darlo surving is better than going bankrupt and no-one getting paid?
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 12:23pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Quakerz

It's not fair - but if you're operating within the rules we can't have beef with it - we'll just have to hope we tank you as well on April 7th.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 12:29pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Quakerz

its a case of the boy that cried wolf my friend.
once you can sort of have a tad of sympathy with
twice is very unfortunate
three, your taking the pi55

how would you HONESTLY feel if it had been hartleppol it had happened to? or if it had happened at boro  twice more since 1986?
yes, football fans do (and should) STICK TOGETHER. but, there is a limit to the amount of neglect that can happen.
are you telling me that your chairman didnt realise he was spending more than was coming in?? i dont think so, if that is the case, i suggest he starts playing champ manager.

Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:30pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Marinerz93

What don't you get, you beat us with a side you couldn't afford and you've got the admin habit like a smack head has for their fix.  

Cheating constantly effects the league as a whole and to be honest the sooner you get your house in order the better, while your at it pay all those poor sods you keep ripping off back and have some integrity FFS.

You've got a side you can't afford either, or has that escaped your notice? Only difference is Fenty didn't slam you in administration like Singh did and ask for £1.8m "in loans" back.

I'm all for fair competition and living within means but none of you when criticising Darlo living beyond our means (which to be fair we have done) are looking at yourselves. You could easily have ended up in our situation. Luckily your backers have cared about your club and done everything to cover YOUR losses.

What was it, 900k last year?

FFS.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 12:33pm; Reply: 29
ok, show me a club that runs at profit without the aid of financial backing????
Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 30, 2012, 12:34pm; Reply: 30

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Town fan. GTFC owed HMRC £750K yet we still bought and loaned players. The debt was paid in installments, all the while the club was racking up other debts. We haven't paid our debts they just haven't been called in yet.

What happens next? another team is scuppered by the dealings of former chairmen etc. and we are squealing for them to be liquidated because there might be some points advantage in it for us.

Pheonix clubs are not an option, the circumstances behind the formation of AFC Wimbledon are unique. Ask yourself if you would support AFC Grimsby or even Grimsby Borough if Town were liquidated because Fenty called in his loans. Its not the same club, could your feelings ever be the same.

Good luck Quakerz, I for one hope Darlo survive.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

its a case of the boy that cried wolf my friend.
once you can sort of have a tad of sympathy with
twice is very unfortunate
three, your taking the pi55

how would you HONESTLY feel if it had been hartleppol it had happened to? or if it had happened at boro  twice more since 1986?
yes, football fans do (and should) STICK TOGETHER. but, there is a limit to the amount of neglect that can happen.
are you telling me that your chairman didnt realise he was spending more than was coming in?? i dont think so, if that is the case, i suggest he starts playing champ manager.

Three times, three different owners though, it is not "the club" that keeps on doing this. "The club" is not a sentient being that keeps on making the same mistake over and over, it is different owners all thinking they can make money, realising they can't, then fooking off.

Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:38pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Town fan. GTFC owed HMRC £750K yet we still bought and loaned players. The debt was paid in installments, all the while the club was racking up other debts. We haven't paid our debts they just haven't been called in yet.

What happens next? another team is scuppered by the dealings of former chairmen etc. and we are squealing for them to be liquidated because there might be some points advantage in it for us.

Pheonix clubs are not an option, the circumstances behind the formation of AFC Wimbledon are unique. Ask yourself if you would support AFC Grimsby or even Grimsby Borough if Town were liquidated because Fenty called in his loans. Its not the same club, could your feelings ever be the same.

I'm not asking for sympathy for Darlo, and yes 3 times in admin is laughable, but ALL Grimsby fans should read and absorb Coley's post. Read and absorb it, and realise.

To those that have tried to "grass us up" I have nothing but utter contempt. What goes around comes around.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 12:40pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Quakerz

Three times, three different owners though, it is not "the club" that keeps on doing this. "The club" is not a sentient being that keeps on making the same mistake over and over, it is different owners all thinking they can make money, realising they can't, then fooking off.

oh, that makes it ok then. sorry, please have your 10 points back!
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 12:45pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Quakerz

You've got a side you can't afford either, or has that escaped your notice? Only difference is Fenty didn't slam you in administration like Singh did and ask for £1.8m "in loans" back.

I'm all for fair competition and living within means but none of you when criticising Darlo living beyond our means (which to be fair we have done) are looking at yourselves. You could easily have ended up in our situation. Luckily your backers have cared about your club and done everything to cover YOUR losses.

What was it, 900k last year?

FFS.

I felt sorry for Darlo the first time they went into admin, the second time really annoyed me because we all heard how you laughed at the points deductions when you were safe.  So excuse me for not giving two craps about how you went into admin for a 3rd time.

You want a hardship story you should have been a Town fan for the last decade, ITV going balls up and the FA shrugging their shoulders.  We were promised a set amount and when they didn't come forward we were left with Championship wages, the players got paid but the taxman didn't.  We agreed to pay that back over an agreed time and what was left cost us with the quality of players and managers we could afford.  We paid the taxman back, every penny and the only debt we have is to JF.

Our debt has been run up by the Chairman who has saddled the club with his hiring and firing of a manager a season every season for the last 5 seasons and paying off crap players.  He has tied up the clubs assets with that benign debt so if our club was to go bang he'd get something back.  We owe to one man not the same as yourselves with countless people now out of pocket FFS  :K)
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:47pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
ok, show me a club that runs at profit without the aid of financial backing????

I rest my fooking case.

Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 12:48pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Coley Surfer

But why did we owe it - I forget the history but wasn't the source of that money problem that we were more adversely affected by the collapse of ITV Digital than most other clubs because we so heavily relied on that TV income we had already spent what never got paid?  Hardly malign debt. (Forgive me if that's factually incorrect - can't be bothered to research the archives.) Where HMRC is concerned I thought they usually negotiate on things like this - and allow a business to run.

Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 12:50pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93

I felt sorry for Darlo the first time they went into admin, the second time really annoyed me because we all heard how you laughed at the points deductions when you were safe.  So excuse me for not giving two craps about how you went into admin for a 3rd time.

You want a hardship story you should have been a Town fan for the last decade, ITV going balls up and the FA shrugging their shoulders.  We were promised a set amount and when they didn't come forward we were left with Championship wages, the players got paid but the taxman didn't.  We agreed to pay that back over an agreed time and what was left cost us with the quality of players and managers we could afford.  We paid the taxman back, every penny and the only debt we have is to JF.

Our debt has been run up by the Chairman who has saddled the club with his hiring and firing of a manager a season every season for the last 5 seasons and paying off crap players.  He has tied up the clubs assets with that benign debt so if our club was to go bang he'd get something back.  We owe to one man not the same as yourselves with countless people now out of pocket FFS  :K)

The only creditors we have is the ex chairman, and players who weren't paid in December. All the other bills were paid and nobody else is out of pocket. To exit administration we have to pay all creditors 100% if we want to be in the BSP next year. If Singh had in fact paid the December wages then we would also only have one creditor.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 12:52pm; Reply: 38
exactly trawler, we have paid back the HMRC debt and possibly suffered for it by not having the finance's available to go out and by ronaldo and kaka! or the league 2/conference equivalent.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 12:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Quakerz

The only creditors we have is the ex chairman, and players who weren't paid in December. All the other bills were paid and nobody else is out of pocket. To exit administration we have to pay all creditors 100% if we want to be in the BSP next year. If Singh had in fact paid the December wages then we would also only have one creditor.

has the b&b landlady been paid then?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 30, 2012, 12:53pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

has the b&b landlady been paid then?

Mark Cooper is a creditor I believe.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 30, 2012, 12:54pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Coley Surfer

All right then, Accy Stanley, Barrow AFC, Newport County and so on are better examples.

It sounds like the likely outcome will be another owner with plans to carry on the same and try and make money out of your stadium, which I am sorry to say will not work. He will get fed up in 18 months or so and pull the plug.
The proposal to move to a ‘Community Stadium’ and sell develops your current ‘White Elephant’ I believe is your only way forward if you are to carry on. But your Council will not play ball!

Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 30, 2012, 12:56pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Marinerz93

Does it matter that we only owe to one person and not lots? If Fenty were to demand his money back tomorrow we'd be in a far worse state than Darlo. ITV Digitals collapse didn't just affect us, it affected every league club including Darlo.
Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 30, 2012, 1:02pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Trawler

But why did we owe it - I forget the history but wasn't the source of that money problem that we were more adversely affected by the collapse of ITV Digital than most other clubs because we so heavily relied on that TV income we had already spent what never got paid?  Hardly malign debt. (Forgive me if that's factually incorrect - can't be bothered to research the archives.) Where HMRC is concerned I thought they usually negotiate on things like this - and allow a business to run.

Shock Horror you mean we spent money we didn't have? We should have been liquidated. surely. Good job we didn't try to loan any players eh? We paid for players we couldn't afford, simple as, now another team tries to do it and we cry foul.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 1:02pm; Reply: 44

All right then, Accy Stanley, Barrow AFC, Newport County and so on are better examples.

It sounds like the likely outcome will be another owner with plans to carry on the same and try and make money out of your stadium, which I am sorry to say will not work. He will get fed up in 18 months or so and pull the plug.
The proposal to move to a ‘Community Stadium’ and sell develops your current ‘White Elephant’ I believe is your only way forward if you are to carry on. But your Council will not play ball!

also, and poss the best example is aldershot
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 1:20pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Shock Horror you mean we spent money we didn't have? We should have been liquidated. surely. Good job we didn't try to loan any players eh? We paid for players we couldn't afford, simple as, now another team tries to do it and we cry foul.

No I don't think we should have been liquidated.  We spent money that we were banking on and that in theory was contractually owed to us (although do I recall the League muppets never got the contract signed?) - The ITV Digital collapse and what happened to clubs like us was morally bankrupt - in those circumstances HMRC and other creditors are going to be sympathetic. Okay so you can argue about our imprudent spending - but who'd a thought an ITV project would go mammaries up. Nobody. I don't think we should be ashamed of spending during that debt crisis.

Arguably that debt has plagued us ever since and Fenty still hasn't rolled us in to admin.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 1:24pm; Reply: 46
Because he didn't want to.

You lost 900k in the last accounting period, that cannot be all down to ITV digital.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 30, 2012, 1:31pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Quakerz
Because he didn't want to.

You lost 900k in the last accounting period, that cannot be all down to ITV digital.

Yes, but it was budgeted for (Mr Fenty had agreed the figure at the start of the season and said he would fund it), your Chairman did not budget for your debts or promised to fund them! Just pulled the plug!

Posted by: cleefish, January 30, 2012, 1:35pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Quakerz

Kettering have been able to bring in a couple of players because unlike us they didn't register their youth team.

Our squad on Saturday contained ten teenagers. If you compare the Kettering line up to the Darlington line up, theirs is vastly more experienced. We have effectively been punished because we registered our youth players in order to fulfil our fixtures, something that Kettering haven't done.

Also if Grimsby have racked up "huge debts" who are these debts owed to and why haven't they been called in? Grimsby fans cannot complain if you are spending more than you earn.

>:( >:(i SEE YOUUR BACK ON YOUR SOAP BOX AGAIN    YOUR CLUB DESERVE ALL THEY GET) you are a load of cheating buggers once yes but 3 time no!!!  and don't worry about GTFC going bust we are well covered and have a top sqaud who want to play for thee club not escape at the first oppertuaty.UTMM.(100)(100)(captain)(captain)
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 1:39pm; Reply: 49

Yes, but it was budgeted for (Mr Fenty had agreed the figure at the start of the season and said he would fund it), your Chairman did not budget for your debts or promised to fund them! Just pulled the plug!

I'm fully aware of that.

You are not ran within your "real" means like we aren't.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 1:42pm; Reply: 50
This thread makes me a little ashamed of our fans. I thought we were bigger than that and would get on with things and support all our peer clubs. Totally embarrassed of anybody who's felt the need to complain.
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 1:44pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from cleefish

>:( >:(i SEE YOUUR BACK ON YOUR SOAP BOX AGAIN    YOUR CLUB DESERVE ALL THEY GET) you are a load of cheating buggers once yes but 3 time no!!!  and don't worry about GTFC going bust we are well covered and have a top sqaud who want to play for thee club not escape at the first oppertuaty.UTMM.(100)(100)(captain)(captain)

Patience. Your time will come (unfortunately).
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 30, 2012, 1:47pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Quakerz

I'm fully aware of that.

You are not ran within your "real" means like we aren't.

So what are your views on the likes of Fleetwood & Crawley and the majority of the Premier League. There are probably more team being 'bank rolled' out there than ones that are not.

Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 2:37pm; Reply: 53

So what are your views on the likes of Fleetwood & Crawley and the majority of the Premier League. There are probably more team being 'bank rolled' out there than ones that are not.

My view is that Fleetwood and Crawley are plastic, made up, excrement clubs. They are massively bankrolled so they can blow anybody out of the water. Then send 70 fans to Darlo to watch their multi million team. It isn't fair is it? This is not like at other clubs where directors put in x amount to keep the club competetive, like at Grimsby and Darlo, this is spend what it takes to win.

TBH I don't have a problem with yourselves relying on directors/chairmen to prop you up, my point is you shouldn't criticise other clubs from that position.

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 4:05pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from pontoonlew
This thread makes me a little ashamed of our fans. I thought we were bigger than that and would get on with things and support all our peer clubs. Totally embarrassed of anybody who's felt the need to complain.

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.  It's lilly livered sym pathetic fools who bend over time and time again that have made the football pryamid in this country the joke it is now.  Any club going into admin for the first time have my sympathy after that it just takes the urine.  urine that people like you are happy to lap up.  Poor Darlo, boo hoo.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 4:13pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.  It's lilly livered sym pathetic fools who bend over time and time again that have made the football pryamid in this country the joke it is now.  Any club going into admin for the first time have my sympathy after that it just takes the urine.  urine that people like you are happy to lap up.  Poor Darlo, boo hoo.

We're preying on them like bloody vultures! They only want 2 players. They are not wanting Messi or Ronaldo for god sake. I don't see any of them laughing in our faces, i've never seen Darlington have success because of this money. In fact all i've seen is decline! It's no body elses fault but that sharp object Reynolds trying to rinse out all money he could from them. It's not affecting us them bringing in 2 players is it? It's about keeping this league competitive for all involved and if two players make it that bit easier then that's fine by me. Nobody else has complained, just a couple of our fans and everybody else in the league has an element of compassion, even Fleetwood. You'd think given our possible mess then we as fans would understand but instead we have TOTALLY embarrased ourselves on this one. There's people linking this thread on the internet now saying all sorts about our fan base. To anybody reading this, these selfish people are the minority in a support that would otherwise like to see Darlington at least see out the rest of the season.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 4:25pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have

You can't afford the players you have without significant financial support! Just like us! Why are you unable to see this? Only difference is our chairmen pulled the plug.

Quoted Text
and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.

Are you kidding me. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

Here's something for you to chew on...

Apparantly Bournemouth - who have been in administration twice, have just paid 800k for Matt Tubbs from Crawley, who have been in administration twice. And you have a Grimsby fan actually taking the time to write to the conference to complain about us wanting to loan a couple of 19 year olds at no cost to ourselves.
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 4:26pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Marinerz93

Sorry, but who is smugly laughing?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 4:30pm; Reply: 58
i think, in all honesty that the punishments are not severe enough. its been said before, and will continue to be said.
otherwise, teams will not learn. what is needed is the short sharp shock treatment.

Quakers, no-one is having a go at you, the fans, its the way that its happened and the fact it has been allowed to happen for a 3rd time.
Posted by: 470 (Guest), January 30, 2012, 4:38pm; Reply: 59
Anyone would think it's the fans that make the decisions on player salarys and other financial decisions, the people who make these decisions i.e. owners - people running the clubs, it's those that should be really punished - they are not fit to run a club ever again and should not be allowed to and one day it may happen to your club, I hope for anyone it doesn't happen.

If Fenty pulls the plug on us we will be no different to the situation that Darlington fans are in, it's happend 3 times to them because useless idiots are running a club beyond its means, and we have lost hundreds of thousands every year, it could easily happen to us.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 4:40pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
i think, in all honesty that the punishments are not severe enough. its been said before, and will continue to be said.
otherwise, teams will not learn. what is needed is the short sharp shock treatment.

Quakers, no-one is having a go at you, the fans, its the way that its happened and the fact it has been allowed to happen for a 3rd time.

What do you mean "teams will not learn"? Is it possible for a "team" or a "club" to learn? Maybe it would be possible if a club was a conscious being aware of it's past mistakes. But it's not is, it? A club is basically whoever owns it, and ownership changes every administration, to new people who aren't interested in the past.

I've heard people say stuff like "administration should be an automatic 2 division relegation, clubs would think twice about overspending and going into administration etc" No they wouldn't. If your owner wants out, he calls in his loans and places you in administration - at that point he is no longer involved in the club, and why would the EX owner care what the punishment was? No longer his problem is it, it was a risk worth taking for him though, but meh, never worked out. The new guys are the ones punished.  

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 30, 2012, 4:45pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Quakerz

What do you mean "teams will not learn"? Is it possible for a "team" or a "club" to learn? Maybe it would be possible if a club was a conscious being aware of it's past mistakes. But it's not is, it? A club is basically whoever owns it, and ownership changes every administration, to new people who aren't interested in the past.

I've heard people say stuff like "administration should be an automatic 2 division relegation, clubs would think twice about overspending and going into administration etc" No they wouldn't. If your owner wants out, he calls in his loans and places you in administration - at that point he is no longer involved in the club, and why would the EX owner care what the punishment was? No longer his problem is it, it was a risk worth taking for him though, but meh, never worked out. The new guys are the ones punished.  

so why dont you lot learn this time and take frigging control of the club!!!!! jeez, what do you want? a cuddle?

there should be a remit in place so that chairmen/women/boards can't overspend. i think the unfortunate posision that you are in, is having a ground that holds about 5% of the people that attend.

Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2012, 4:48pm; Reply: 62
Although i have some sympathy for Darlo's fans and don't particularly want to see them go under,i well remember them coming here in the 2007/8 season and tearing us a new a$$hole with players way beyond what they could afford.I also remember the Darlo fans coming on this board and taking the p1ss after that 0-4 thrashing.

Quakerz,you say that we also have players we can't affoed and maybe that is true,but you had the likes of Pawell Abbott (sp?) who were on way more than any player we had,despite your attendances being modest.That's very risky if you then fail to get promotion as you did that year.

It wasn't long after that,you were going into admin and those players were shipped out fast,but not before they were around long enough to get you safe before taking the ten point hit.

I also remember talk of signings like Gascoigne and Asprilla.It all got a bit stupid and you paid the price.

The problem seems that nothing was learned from that time but i still hope you survive somehow,if just for the true fans sake.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 4:56pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from pontoonlew

We're preying on them like bloody vultures! They only want 2 players. They are not wanting Messi or Ronaldo for god sake. I don't see any of them laughing in our faces, i've never seen Darlington have success because of this money. In fact all i've seen is decline! It's no body elses fault but that sharp object Reynolds trying to rinse out all money he could from them. It's not affecting us them bringing in 2 players is it? It's about keeping this league competitive for all involved and if two players make it that bit easier then that's fine by me. Nobody else has complained, just a couple of our fans and everybody else in the league has an element of compassion, even Fleetwood. You'd think given our possible mess then we as fans would understand but instead we have TOTALLY embarrased ourselves on this one. There's people linking this thread on the internet now saying all sorts about our fan base. To anybody reading this, these selfish people are the minority in a support that would otherwise like to see Darlington at least see out the rest of the season.

I hope they survive but only if they follow the rules which, let's be honest they don't follow or they wouldn't be in 3rd time admin.  Be as embarrased as you like for yourself, my conscience is clear.  I feel for those who haven't been paid by Darlo they are the real victims here.

Quoted from Quakerz

You can't afford the players you have without significant financial support! Just like us! Why are you unable to see this? Only difference is our chairmen pulled the plug.

Are you kidding me. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

Here's something for you to chew on...

Apparantly Bournemouth - who have been in administration twice, have just paid 800k for Matt Tubbs from Crawley, who have been in administration twice. And you have a Grimsby fan actually taking the time to write to the conference to complain about us wanting to loan a couple of 19 year olds at no cost to ourselves.

As I previously stated our chairman has his debt tied up with the clubs assests, you didn't have and he didn't get the planning he wanted on the land around your stadium so he walked.

Bournemouth got promoted with a player transfer embargo in place and have new rich owners.  Rovrum did the same after being in admin with Le Fondre and it stinks.

Quoted from Hilly

Sorry, but who is smugly laughing?

You lot were laughing your mammaries off the 2nd time you went into admin because you did it the moment you were safe (League 2, the season beofre you went down, the crowd you had at BP when you beat us 4-0 with that very side you couldn't afford calling us excrement)
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 5:00pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Marinerz93
You lot were laughing your mammaries off the 2nd time you went into admin because you did it the moment you were safe (League 2, the season beofre you went down, the crowd you had at BP when you beat us 4-0 with that very side you couldn't afford calling us excrement)

What a load of balderdash. How could a fan of any club laugh their mammaries off at being placed into administration? It's financial suicide.

I'd like to see these posts.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 5:01pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from ginnywings
Although i have some sympathy for Darlo's fans and don't particularly want to see them go under,i well remember them coming here in the 2007/8 season and tearing us a new a$$hole with players way beyond what they could afford.I also remember the Darlo fans coming on this board and taking the p1ss after that 0-4 thrashing.

Quakerz,you say that we also have players we can't affoed and maybe that is true,but you had the likes of Pawell Abbott (sp?) who were on way more than any player we had,despite your attendances being modest.That's very risky if you then fail to get promotion as you did that year.

It wasn't long after that,you were going into admin and those players were shipped out fast,but not before they were around long enough to get you safe before taking the ten point hit.

I also remember talk of signings like Gascoigne and Asprilla.It all got a bit stupid and you paid the price.

The problem seems that nothing was learned from that time but i still hope you survive somehow,if just for the true fans sake.

Can't argue with the facts explained above but not sure how you expect "us" to have "learned" from it? Who are supposed to be the ones that "learn" exactly? The fans? Well we don't run the club so it doesn't matter what we've learned. We would like to see us sustainable however, so we can hold our heads high, and buy a stake in the club. Should the new owner (if we get one) have learned from the previous 3 owners? Well, you'd hope so wouldn't you but how can he learn from mistakes he didn't make? He might do the same all over again, gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 5:04pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Hilly

What a load of balderdash. How could a fan of any club laugh their mammaries off at being placed into administration? It's financial suicide.

I'd like to see these posts.

We were doing anything but laughing considering we were in the top 7 with games in hand and a very good chance of automatic promotion. I'd say everyone was gutted, rather than "laughing" that we'd escaped relegation because of points already in the bag!

Posted by: hazdy, January 30, 2012, 5:09pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Marinerz93

Let's be fair - it was only a handful of juveniles crowing about their win.
The same sort of attitude that is shown by those on here that have no respect for the real Darlo fans.
I don't have any particular warm feelings about Darlington but I certainly don't wish bankrupcy on them. Regardless of what we say about 3 times in admin, there has been nothing their ordinary fans could do about it. Is anyone on here pretending to themselves that they can take credit (or indeed responsibility) for the way JF has run Town?
Posted by: Trawler, January 30, 2012, 5:16pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Quakerz

Can't argue with the facts explained above but not sure how you expect "us" to have "learned" from it? Who are supposed to be the ones that "learn" exactly? The fans? Well we don't run the club so it doesn't matter what we've learned. We would like to see us sustainable however, so we can hold our heads high, and buy a stake in the club. Should the new owner (if we get one) have learned from the previous 3 owners? Well, you'd hope so wouldn't you but how can he learn from mistakes he didn't make? He might do the same all over again, gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fan involvement is the holy grail, probably via your Trust but it requires fans to dig deep in to their pockets and then the merde hits the fan and you have to decide what to do with the money - as your Trust found out.  I don't envy them.  Been reading your Darlo Trust website and it makes for uncomfortable reading.  Who'd be on a Trust board?  I mean Disability hate mail for chrissakes. Some so-called fans make me sick.

Respect to Mariners Trust Chris, BigChris, Wrabz et al - keep flying the flag
Posted by: Stan_darlo, January 30, 2012, 5:24pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Marinerz93

I hope they survive but only if they follow the rules which, let's be honest they don't follow or they wouldn't be in 3rd time admin.  Be as embarrased as you like for yourself, my conscience is clear.  I feel for those who haven't been paid by Darlo they are the real victims here.

As I previously stated our chairman has his debt tied up with the clubs assests, you didn't have and he didn't get the planning he wanted on the land around your stadium so he walked.

Bournemouth got promoted with a player transfer embargo in place and have new rich owners.  Rovrum did the same after being in admin with Le Fondre and it stinks.

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin. Oh and you're bitter because our fans called you excrement after after a 4-0 win? Grow up man, any fans that have just seen their side put in a performance like we did are bound to dish out a bit of stick, its a bit different to wanting us to go bust like some of the messages on here seem to suggest!

As Quakerz has pointed out pretty much every club around nowadays is paying beyond its means, you lot included. How chairmen can keep getting away with loaning a club money before walking away whenever they feel like it leaving a club with debt they could never pay off is beyond me, and the powers that be need to start doing something to stop it from happening.

Your club has been lucky in that your chairman actually seems to care about your club. I just hope for your sake that the next one is just as good, because there will be intercourse all you can do to stop him from wrecking your club if he is not.

And as for not letting us bring in loan players? Pathetic, i hope we stuff you with a team of teenagers.  
Posted by: 470 (Guest), January 30, 2012, 5:34pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Stan_darlo
As Quakerz has pointed out pretty much every club around nowadays is paying beyond its means, you lot included. How chairmen can keep getting away with loaning a club money before walking away whenever they feel like it leaving a club with debt they could never pay off is beyond me, and the powers that be need to start doing something to stop it from happening.

Your club has been lucky in that your chairman actually seems to care about your club. I just hope for your sake that the next one is just as good, because there will be intercourse all you can do to stop him from wrecking your club if he is not.
Totally agree with you for what it's worth, their needs to be some ruling put in place by the FA, losing 900k within a year is ridiculous and is totally bad practice.

If people are going to put money into a club, ask any chairman why they are loans - because they will eventually want this money back one year or another.  What happens when that person passes away - the relatives pull the plug?
Posted by: Super Clive, January 30, 2012, 5:44pm; Reply: 71
I also got a reply...... Surprised I did tbh as my messages where quick typos on my mobile with an aggressive manner..

Although the reply is word for word the same as tickers and the other dude on the first page.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 5:45pm; Reply: 72
I'm going to back-track slightly. I was sticking up for Darlington but they have just signed ADAM BOYD from Hartlepool on loan, a league 1 class striker. I think there should be some rules preventing loan signings of that magnitude.
Posted by: DJ Mera, January 30, 2012, 5:53pm; Reply: 73
I too got a reply from the conference, as follows......

But Darlington believe they are going to be allowed loan players.......

Will be interesting to see what happens?

You been reading my emails lol <grin> - They (The BSP) must have a standard reply because they said exactly the same thing to me

Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 5:54pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Stan_darlo

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin.

Which came about because you were signing more and more players on stupid money while ignoring your mounting bills.  Come back here and have a go at us when we've gone into admin once. Then twice. Perhaps we could wipe the debts a third time too.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 5:55pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm going to back-track slightly. I was sticking up for Darlington but they have just signed ADAM BOYD from Hartlepool on loan, a league 1 class striker. I think there should be some rules preventing loan signings of that magnitude.

Have we shite signed Adam Boyd.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 6:01pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Quakerz

Have we shite signed Adam Boyd.

One of your fans has just claimed that to be the case.
Posted by: Stan_darlo, January 30, 2012, 6:06pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from RoboCod

Which came about because you were signing more and more players on stupid money while ignoring your mounting bills.  Come back here and have a go at us when we've gone into admin once. Then twice. Perhaps we could wipe the debts a third time too.

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough, and tbh even if we did know there was intercourse all we could have done about it.
Like I said, you've been lucky in that you have a chairman who cares about your club and is willing to keep pumping money in to fund your 900k per year debt. I wasn't so much having a go at you as I was football in general, all clubs are doing it and the situation will get worse unless someone does something about it. I'm not proud of the fact we've been in admin 3 times but in my opinion if circumstances had been different it could have been you in our position.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 6:08pm; Reply: 78
No, he claimed it as a rumour, on a rumour thread. Big difference Lew.

Also, the lad is 14, and as we all know, 14 year olds believe owt.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 30, 2012, 6:09pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Stan_darlo

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough, and tbh even if we did know there was intercourse all we could have done about it.
Like I said, you've been lucky in that you have a chairman who cares about your club and is willing to keep pumping money in to fund your 900k per year debt. I wasn't so much having a go at you as I was football in general, all clubs are doing it and the situation will get worse unless someone does something about it. I'm not proud of the fact we've been in admin 3 times but in my opinion if circumstances had been different it could have been you in our position.

:-/
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 6:09pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Stan_darlo

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin. Oh and you're bitter because our fans called you excrement after after a 4-0 win? Grow up man, any fans that have just seen their side put in a performance like we did are bound to dish out a bit of stick, its a bit different to wanting us to go bust like some of the messages on here seem to suggest!

And as for not letting us bring in loan players? Pathetic, i hope we stuff you with a team of teenagers.  

I'm not on about just your fans gloating at winning 4-0 and all your other victory's with a side you couldn't afford but your message board which I read at the time of you going into admin.  I've been to plenty of games when we have been beaten comprehensively by a team but the difference is it was by a team that club could afford.  I can give and take banter but what I find disgusting is the constant flouting of the rules.  

If you beat us with a side if teenagers then good on you for playing by the rules and it will be deserved as long as you can afford it.  I'm hoping though we put past you a club record because cheats deserve to be punished, -10 points is a joke for 3rd time in admin.

There was only 2-3 people who actually wanted you to go bust so that's hardly a brush to tar us all with.  I hope you do survive but only by the skin of your teeth so you can actually savour how crap watching the players you can only just afford toss it off.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 6:10pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from RoboCod

There is no way we will get away with "wiping the debts" this time, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 30, 2012, 6:11pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'm not on about just your fans gloating at winning 4-0 and all your other victory's with a side you couldn't afford but your message board which I read at the time of you going into admin.  I've been to plenty of games when we have been beaten comprehensively by a team but the difference is it was by a team that club could afford.  I can give and take banter but what I find disgusting is the constant flouting of the rules.  

If you beat us with a side if teenagers then good on you for playing by the rules and it will be deserved as long as you can afford it.  I'm hoping though we put past you a club record because cheats deserve to be punished, -10 points is a joke for 3rd time in admin.

There was only 2-3 people who actually wanted you to go bust so that's hardly a brush to tar us all with.  I hope you do survive but only by the skin of your teeth so you can actually savour how crap watching the players you can only just afford toss it off.

You're still not getting the "afford it" bit are you? Can you afford your squad?

Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 6:16pm; Reply: 83
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.
Posted by: DJ Mera, January 30, 2012, 6:21pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Quakerz

There is no way we will get away with "wiping the debts" this time, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that.

Quakerz I am hoping somehow DFC can get out of this mess but did you read this article http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/ex-darlington-keeper-remembers-the-day-the-slide-into-obscurity-began/ ?. I know it concerns Reynolds but it seems to me that the mindset of your club as been the same since ?

Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 6:23pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Stan_darlo

We have some financial problems, yes, but they have really been compounded by the fact that we have dropped out of the league, an event which came about partly because we didn't abuse the system and clear our debts. John Fenty has got LOTS of things wrong at the club but as a businessman he knows exactly what administration is about and has done all he can to avoid it, something I admire while at the same time *almost* wondering if we have been a little naive not to abuse the system as it  has so obviously resulted in some clubs coming up smelling of roses.  I'm pretty confident we'd have regrouped and NOT needed two more spells of admin though.
To me, some Darlo fans seem to miss the point completely, you are lucky to still be running, you are in one almighty and horrific mess and the consequences of that MUST be that as a club you have to struggle to put out a team on matchdays. Administration in the real world is all about cutting an almost out of business company to the bone, not taking on more staff, and fans simply want to see the football bosses empower those rules. Nothing personal or ant-Darlo from me, I assure you.

Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 6:25pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Quakerz

Are you pleased with that? It's your problem, not mine.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 6:29pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from pontoonlew
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

And in turn they hope Fenty walks, we go bust blah blah so really they're no better.
So now, on the basis of about FIVE darlo fans wishing ill on us it just leaves me to join the bandwagon and hoping they go bust before we have a chance of going bust and so on.....how tiresome.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 30, 2012, 6:33pm; Reply: 88
The problem for every team in every division is fan expectation.Fans want wins and wins come with better,more expensive players in the team.It's a gamble and some teams win,but most lose.

Just about every team in the land is in debt to somebody.The question is whether that debt is managed or unsustainable.Our debt is to one man,who is a fan and has said the debts are benign but as most Chairman,he is gambling that success on the pitch brings in the revenue to cover those debts eventually.Namely league and TV money that comes with promotions,plus bigger attendances etc.If you happen to have a good cup run along the way or develop and sell on some players,then all well and good.Scunny are struggling on the pitch and crowd numbers are down,but they have banked plenty from the sales of players like Hooper.

Even Man United would go t1ts up if the banks called in their loans.

How teams like Hayes and Yeading even compete on gates of less than 500 is a mystery and there are plenty of others in the same boat.

The obvious answer is for the football league to strictly enforce their own rules on what percentage of income is spent on the playing staff.I'm still baffled how teams with a few hundred fans mange to pay players at all without flagrantly breaking the rules. :-/
Posted by: Helgy, January 30, 2012, 6:36pm; Reply: 89
3 times in admin, no lesson learned, no sympathy for them.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 6:43pm; Reply: 90
No s**t Quakerz, you are hard work. What's this on your board..

"What grated my gears was a comment "you beat us with players you could not afford" - but technically they can't afford their players without a benefactor."

We HAVE a benefactor! John Fenty, benign loans, wages paid every week, yes things are tight but we haven't owed local businesses anything while spending the money we owed them. None of these things can be applied to you.

Do NOT compare the two situations. We would sell Hearn before we considered Admin or anything serious while you continued spending.
Posted by: upthestripes, January 30, 2012, 6:45pm; Reply: 91
What a fascinating read this thread has been.

P.S. Helgy I wish you'd put "from a Lincoln fan" after that post or you'll get us into more trouble ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 6:48pm; Reply: 92
Seems a few Lincoln fans think along Helgy's lines, as do a lot of fans from various clubs
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 7:01pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Helgy

Define 'them'. The fans? The owners?

As Quakerz says - why should the fans pay at the expense of 3 clueless owners?
Posted by: BlackBoots, January 30, 2012, 7:01pm; Reply: 94
Seems that the OP has stirred up a hornets nest.

Football hasnt been a level playing field for several decades so to cry wolf seems a little childish, even ignorant.

Yes, Darlo have never been able to afford their players but then again can Man City without the huge 'investment'?

GTFC are reliant upon one mans money whether some like it or not. One difference is however  that GTFC do own their ground and therefore, at least partially, Fentys loans are secured. Darlo havent owned their own ground as far as i am aware and therefore they have continually been vunerable but also ignorant.

I do have sympathy for those who cannot see their way clear to wish them well after three administrations. It is without doubt excessive.

Going into admin 3 times would suggest a flawed business model, perhaps even a totally unsustainable one.

Darlo fans have a duty to ensure that any new company in whatever form, is finacially transparent. That expenditure is less than income and no gambles on 'football fortune' ever take place again. Their Trust MUST take the moral high ground and insist on a say. I dont think they should run the club, i dont think that is sensible, but surely they have a Trust who can muster some sensible and considered people who can see the bigger picture.
Our Trust certainly seems to have a few people with accumen to assist GTFC and I hope Darlo have the same
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 7:05pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from BlackBoots
Seems that the OP has stirred up a hornets nest.

Football hasnt been a level playing field for several decades so to cry wolf seems a little childish, even ignorant.

Yes, Darlo have never been able to afford their players but then again can Man City without the huge 'investment'?

GTFC are reliant upon one mans money whether some like it or not. One difference is however  that GTFC do own their ground and therefore, at least partially, Fentys loans are secured. Darlo havent owned their own ground as far as i am aware and therefore they have continually been vunerable but also ignorant.

I do have sympathy for those who cannot see their way clear to wish them well after three administrations. It is without doubt excessive.

Going into admin 3 times would suggest a flawed business model, perhaps even a totally unsustainable one.

Darlo fans have a duty to ensure that any new company in whatever form, is finacially transparent. That expenditure is less than income and no gambles on 'football fortune' ever take place again. Their Trust MUST take the moral high ground and insist on a say. I dont think they should run the club, i dont think that is sensible, but surely they have a Trust who can muster some sensible and considered people who can see the bigger picture.
Our Trust certainly seems to have a few people with accumen to assist GTFC and I hope Darlo have the same

Which is precisely the offer we have on the table now. Our long term goal should be to move away from the stadium, but for the time being businessman, Paul Wildes wants to milk every single penny from the arena because he believes it hasn't before.

Coupled with this offer he has made an open offer to the fans to buy 40% off the club giving us the transparancy we crave.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 30, 2012, 7:06pm; Reply: 96
I have  not read every post here.

A similar injustice.

TalkSport tonight: Alan Smith loaned to MK Dons. He is on a reported £60K a week.  MK are paying only £2K a week.

Is this fair to other promotion rivals? MK cannot afford him.
Posted by: monkeyhanger70, January 30, 2012, 7:08pm; Reply: 97
Hartlepool fans here!!

Sat in the pub with the lads and someone has just mentioned this thread so we thought we would have a look.....GOBSMACKED!  Lets get one thing straight, love to see Darlo loose....better when they are relegated, Im sure they are the same, we love to hate each other.  HOWEVER what you have done is appalling, and I bet the back room barrister who did this thought he was the big man.  No club deserves to go bust through bad management...why should the fans suffer??

It looks as though because the North east clubs have rallied around Darlo it has drunk you lot right off!  Anyway because of this thread we have decided to chuck Darlo a few quid and one thing is for certain we are not laughing at them we are laughing at you!....MUPPETS!!
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 7:17pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from monkeyhanger70
Hartlepool fans here!!

Sat in the pub with the lads and someone has just mentioned this thread so we thought we would have a look.....GOBSMACKED!  Lets get one thing straight, love to see Darlo loose....better when they are relegated, Im sure they are the same, we love to hate each other.  HOWEVER what you have done is appalling, and I bet the back room barrister who did this thought he was the big man.  No club deserves to go bust through bad management...why should the fans suffer??

It looks as though because the North east clubs have rallied around Darlo it has drunk you lot right off!  Anyway because of this thread we have decided to chuck Darlo a few quid and one thing is for certain we are not laughing at them we are laughing at you!....MUPPETS!!

Great. We made you chuck some money at Darlo. Otherwise you wouldn't have bothered. Can't argue with that reasoning.
Posted by: Stan_darlo, January 30, 2012, 7:21pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from RoboCod

We have some financial problems, yes, but they have really been compounded by the fact that we have dropped out of the league, an event which came about partly because we didn't abuse the system and clear our debts. John Fenty has got LOTS of things wrong at the club but as a businessman he knows exactly what administration is about and has done all he can to avoid it, something I admire while at the same time *almost* wondering if we have been a little naive not to abuse the system as it  has so obviously resulted in some clubs coming up smelling of roses.  I'm pretty confident we'd have regrouped and NOT needed two more spells of admin though.
To me, some Darlo fans seem to miss the point completely, you are lucky to still be running, you are in one almighty and horrific mess and the consequences of that MUST be that as a club you have to struggle to put out a team on matchdays. Administration in the real world is all about cutting an almost out of business company to the bone, not taking on more staff, and fans simply want to see the football bosses empower those rules. Nothing personal or ant-Darlo from me, I assure you.

How can you say this though? Anyone could take over your club and do whatever they want with it, what makes you think a new owner wouldn't come in and do the same thing as ours have? People keep the club should have learned our lessons but "the club" has been different every time, the fans don't run the club the chairmen do and there is nothing the fans can do to stop the chairmen spending beyond their means!

I'm not anti-Grimsby in any way, I am not having a dig at your club in particular but was using your financial problems as an example of how the vast majority of clubs rely on someone propping them up financially. It really annoys me when people have a dig for spending beyond our means and not learning our lessons when pretty much every other club is doing it.

Also i agree that costs need to be slashed but what is the problem with bringing in a couple of lads on loan for free?
Posted by: voice of reason, January 30, 2012, 7:22pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from pontoonlew

Dry your eyes Lew... I don't really give a flying fook what they think of us to be honest... If they want to judge us all, then that's their perogative...

I could understand people being drunk off about the small business' that have lost out and been ripped off, probs more than once but I think some of you are venting your anger at the wrong people - the fans... What really could they have done about this situation?

I think if you have something to say, maybe you should aim it at the real people, who have shafted not only football in general but also the Darlo fans and business' who they owed money too...

I feel for their fans to be honest... They're probs embarrassed about going into admin again but at the end of the day what else can they do other than continue supporting their club?

Posted by: Fishfinger, January 30, 2012, 7:43pm; Reply: 101
well said VOR, no one should care what other teams think of us. All we want is Grimsby to do well, somtimes you have to be selfish.
Posted by: newfootballer, January 30, 2012, 7:57pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from marinerjase

I can understand what you mean, and I would not like to see Darlington slip into being non excistanct, but surely you are either bankrupt or you are not, and to me there is to much malingering going on with these clubs who are supposed to be down  & out and they come back with a bang in some cases.

There are three big premier clubs in that area, surely they could have picked up some good players from these clubs to survive in this non league bundle of fun.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 7:58pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Stan_darlo

How can you say this though? Anyone could take over your club and do whatever they want with it, what makes you think a new owner wouldn't come in and do the same thing as ours have? People keep the club should have learned our lessons but "the club" has been different every time, the fans don't run the club the chairmen do and there is nothing the fans can do to stop the chairmen spending beyond their means!

I

But that's the point of my argument Stan. IF that happened then it would be a whole new ball game but right now we are not remotely in the same position, my gripe in this whole thing is that some of your fans keep trying to put us on a guilt trip. No one has suffered, other than loyal fans watching a teams demise and John Fenty's wallet. Little people always suffer under Admin.

I've said all along that I'd hope Darlo come though this FAIRLY, take the penalties imposed on them and survive. I'd much rather we take you on and go for the 3 points at stake. But to lump all Town fans into one group and throw words round like is happening on your forum now is gobsmacking, even more so to believe it was just Grimsby fans behind this is wrong, to believe the  bosses only followed the rules after some fans emails is bizarre.
Sorry it's all come to this, as usual the loudest voices drown out the others and it ends in a slanging match.

Hope something good comes of all this Stan, and thanks for at least keeping a reasonable and decent discussion. Others could take note.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 7:59pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from monkeyhanger70
Hartlepool fans here!!

Why should the fans suffer, exactly Mr Monkey hanger.  Why should the fans of other clubs who meet their debts all season have their season corrupted by a serial admin club.  This hasn't just affected Town it affects promotion and relegation too for other clubs struggling to make ends meet.  It effects other clubs gates too, it effects their confidence of getting a run togther and the financial benefits that come with it.

Some would rather cuddle the sinking turd than ensure the integrity the bowl.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 8:11pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from pontoonlew

To be fair, who really gives a monkey's what some Darlington fans think?
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 8:13pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from mariner91

To be fair, who really gives a monkey's what some Darlington fans think?

It's not just them, it's fans across the board. I find it a little embarrasing that we're now being talked about as the club who are trying to kick Darlington while they are down. And i'm sure when our time of need comes fans might use that against us in regards to wanting to save us.
Posted by: Abdul19, January 30, 2012, 8:14pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I have  not read every post here.

A similar injustice.

TalkSport tonight: Alan Smith loaned to MK Dons. He is on a reported £60K a week.  MK are paying only £2K a week.

Is this fair to other promotion rivals? MK cannot afford him.

How is it fair to MK Dons that they've got Alan Smith playing for them?  ;)

And I'm with Lew on this one. The complaints to the Conference were pathetic. I'm no JF fan, but for the grace of god and all that.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 8:17pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from pontoonlew

It's not just them, it's fans across the board. I find it a little embarrasing that we're now being talked about as the club who are trying to kick Darlington while they are down. And i'm sure when our time of need comes fans might use that against us in regards to wanting to save us.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with grassing them up at all. However, to think it was only because of a few emails that the league did this to them is nonsense. And secondly, I doubt very much that if we were to get in any trouble that any other club would really do that much for us, nobody has exactly done wonders for Darlo have they?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 30, 2012, 8:18pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Abdul19

And I'm with Lew on this one. The complaints to the Conference were pathetic.

Ditto - it smacks of a child running to teacher telling tales. Whatever you think surely we can let the BSP sort it without the petty letter writing - they hardly have a record of lenience in these situations.

Let's be honest, if we'd played them twice and taken 6 points from them that we stood to lose you'd all be desperate to see them survive.
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 30, 2012, 8:26pm; Reply: 110
I think the problem is any team getting players above their station for free. None of us want to see any club go out of business. Most football clubs are subsidised by the chairman/board since the recession.
Posted by: 1054 (Guest), January 30, 2012, 8:26pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from pontoonlew

Who Are you? Some kind of internet referee? It is no great surprise darlo fans are upset with some on here offering little sympathy. . . darlo have cheated x3.  quakerz argument about us not being sustainable without a benefactor is a complete red herring. . . every club top to bottom makes a loss (abramovich/chelsea for eg) what darlo have done is fall foul of civil legal proceedings ( we haven't) they have had multiple wide-boy chairman fooling them that they are gonna make the big time wuth a massive stadium etc (we haven't)  they have been able to "afford" pricey looking players (we haven't)

I think the 10 point penalty is a joke. . . They have cheated. . . simple as!  Football is all about sentiment and whilst i feel fir the darlo fans. .   it's gone too far and they need to fold for the integrity of the league. .  

i think there is a useful analogy between this and the European economic crisis. . . the bsp need to get rid of darlo just like the eu need to fet rid of greece
greece can afford to never pay taxes
Posted by: AndyGTFC, January 30, 2012, 8:37pm; Reply: 112
Embarassing. How the intercourse is it the fans fault that their owner decided to leave them in limbo?

If Darlington fold then the previous owner isn't the one getting punished, the fans are. How is that justice in any way, shape or form? All this proves to me is that administration in football is a joke and needs to be looked at. Owners shouldn't just be able to leave and leave others to clear up their mess.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 8:38pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from 1054

Who Are you? Some kind of internet referee? It is no great surprise darlo fans are upset with some on here offering little sympathy. . . darlo have cheated x3.  quakerz argument about us not being sustainable without a benefactor is a complete red herring. . . every club top to bottom makes a loss (abramovich/chelsea for eg) what darlo have done is fall foul of civil legal proceedings ( we haven't) they have had multiple wide-boy chairman fooling them that they are gonna make the big time wuth a massive stadium etc (we haven't)  they have been able to "afford" pricey looking players (we haven't)

I think the 10 point penalty is a joke. . . They have cheated. . . simple as!  Football is all about sentiment and whilst i feel fir the darlo fans. .   it's gone too far and they need to fold for the integrity of the league. .  

i think there is a useful analogy between this and the European economic crisis. . . the bsp need to get rid of darlo just like the eu need to fet rid of greece

What happens when Fenty leaves us then? Have we cheated and do we deserve to be kicked in the teeth by our fellow football fans? What right do we have to complain about another club, nothing to do with us and complaining; as i've said time and again, is pathetic! All these guys ruining them have sailed off into the sunset, who are our fans to try everyway possible to see that Darlington go to the wall and not be able to get players FOR FREE!?

Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 30, 2012, 8:44pm; Reply: 114
What does make me laugh that people think that one letter will make the BSP chiefs step in.

This isn't a cold mcdonalds, this is a football club.
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 8:48pm; Reply: 115
My enquiry to the league was only based on the fairness of a team being allowed high quality players to sign on loan for free. I asked if it compromised the integrity of the league and would seem unfair on teams like Hayes, Kettering Bath, who pay for their loan players. No loan players should be free especially as Lew pointed out Adam Boyes is meant to be going to Darlo? I am also aware many fans of other clubs also made enquiries about the potential unfairness.
Posted by: Hilly, January 30, 2012, 8:48pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from GTFCNiles
What does make me laugh that people think that one letter will make the BSP chiefs step in.

This isn't a cold mcdonalds, this is a football club.

It clearly wasn't one letter though - as others above have eluded to multiple Grimsby fans contacted the BSP to complain. I don't think that was the sole reason why we were blocked from making loan signings but it certainly played a part.
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 30, 2012, 8:50pm; Reply: 117
I thought you where blocked from making loan signins as part of your administration?
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, January 30, 2012, 8:55pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Let's be honest, if we'd played them twice and taken 6 points from them that we stood to lose you'd all be desperate to see them survive.

Back of the net!

Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 8:56pm; Reply: 119
It apparently was many fans from loads of conf teams most asking a simple question of fairness.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 30, 2012, 9:02pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from GTFCNiles
I thought you where blocked from making loan signins as part of your administration?

Think that's the whole argument mate, should they stick by it or allow them to be able to field 11 players and make it fair for not just them but the teams they play.
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 9:16pm; Reply: 121
They did well v York with their makeshift team and all respect to their youth players! If as you say Adam Boyes has agreed to go on loan and I presume it's free with Hartlepool picking up his not insignificant wages (presumed), this seems a bit unfair to have a player of his experience n calibre playing. However Darlo wouldn't be allowed to build up debt whilst still in admin? I could understand them being allowed an U19 player as it usually means a player can be slightly older than that n still be in the age category. We have several young players in our matchday squad week in week out and they have been outstanding for us! But a player of Boyds ability for free No!
Posted by: davmariner, January 30, 2012, 9:30pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from 1054

Great post - could not have summed it up better myself!
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 9:31pm; Reply: 123
My enquiry to the league about fairness to other struggling clubs, was not and I repeat was not about 19 year olds signing on loan. It was based on the older pro's they were after. I still dont think any loan players for free is fair tho on other clubs who pay their way and can't afford to bring loan players in to help them out. Barrow only had 4 subs named and one was meant to be their 40 year old manager, when they played us, he was quoted as saying I would love to bring in another loan player but we can't afford one!
Posted by: supertown, January 30, 2012, 9:37pm; Reply: 124
The most embarrassing aspect of this are all the Grimsby fans that have registered on the Darlo forum to apologize on behalf of others. Personally I couldnt care less about Darlo but if Kettering go under I sure as hell hope Darlo do too otherwise our playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. I would prefer everyone to survive.
Posted by: voice of reason, January 30, 2012, 9:45pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from ticker_1610
My enquiry to the league about fairness to other struggling clubs, was not and I repeat was not about 19 year olds signing on loan. It was based on the older pro's they were after. I still dont think any loan players for free is fair tho on other clubs who pay their way and can't afford to bring loan players in to help them out. Barrow only had 4 subs named and one was meant to be their 40 year old manager, when they played us, he was quoted as saying I would love to bring in another loan player but we can't afford one!

If they can get players for free why does that have anything to do with anyone else...? Surely that is about them using their contacts in the game isn't it...?

The fairness argument can be twisted anyway you want it too, can't it...?

Is it fair on the teams who played Darlo when they had a full strength team that their next opponents will face them with a weakened team...?

Is it fair that despite some teams having already taken 6 points off Darlo, that they will effectively lose them points if Darlo go bust...?

Posted by: ska face, January 30, 2012, 9:47pm; Reply: 126
You'll have to forgive me as I've not really been following this whole sorry charade, but let me get this straight:

There are town fans that have actually e-mailed The Conference asking them to stop Darlo loaning players in because it's just not fair?

Seriously?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oooh me sides!

How embarassing is that? Have some people no shame? As if anyone at The Conference gives a monkey's girl private what a bunch of Grimsby fans think?

This thread has made me ashamed to be a town fan.
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 9:53pm; Reply: 127
It can be discussed each n everyway til the cows come home, however Adam Boyes for free, is in my opinion taking it too far! In effect instead of paying too much for players that are way above their station they now get one that's above their current level for nowt! Fortunately it is only one player of that age and caliber. It will be interesting if when we play them n he scored the winner if some of our fans change their opinions on the fairness of it all? To be honest I'm bored with everything about the Darlo situation and I'm focussing on our team doing the business against whomever we face! UTM.
Posted by: voice of reason, January 30, 2012, 9:54pm; Reply: 128
Quoted from ska face
You'll have to forgive me as I've not really been following this whole sorry charade, but let me get this straight:

There are town fans that have actually e-mailed The Conference asking them to stop Darlo loaning players in because it's just not fair?

Seriously?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

oooh me sides!

How embarassing is that? Have some people no shame? As if anyone at The Conference gives a monkey's girl private what a bunch of Grimsby fans think?

This thread has made me ashamed to be a town fan.

Yep we have some saddos but no need to feel ashamed, we also have some self appointed diplomats trying to broker some sort of pace treaty as we speak...  ;D
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 10:00pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from ticker_1610
It can be discussed each n everyway til the cows come home, however Adam Boyes for free, is in my opinion taking it too far! In effect instead of paying too much for players that are way above their station they now get one that's above their current level for nowt! Fortunately it is only one player of that age and caliber. It will be interesting if when we play them n he scored the winner if some of our fans change their opinions on the fairness of it all? To be honest I'm bored with everything about the Darlo situation and I'm focussing on our team doing the business against whomever we face! UTM.

Why would Boyes go from Barrow to Darlo for nothing?
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 10:05pm; Reply: 130
My mistake it's the prolific Hartlepool div 1 striker that is apparently signing on loan.
Posted by: marinerjase, January 30, 2012, 10:13pm; Reply: 131
Pretty sure we have a player on loan for free....
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 30, 2012, 10:18pm; Reply: 132
Typical Darlo fans no nothing about honour, not only are they happy about being in admin for the 3rd time but they are even having a go at some women at her place of work just because she is from Grimsby, apparently she has been getting grief on her facebook as well because of what one Town fan has done.

I look forward to the Darlo version of pontoonlew who can't grovel enough to come on here and apologize on behalf of Darlington fans for abusing innocent women at work.

(I don't want Darlo to go bust, just struggle like they deserve after cheating the league 3 times in 9 years  ;)  )
Posted by: supertown, January 30, 2012, 10:18pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from marinerjase
Pretty sure we have a player on loan for free....

doubt that very very much, where do you get that 'pretty sure' information
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 10:19pm; Reply: 134
That's wrong also then if we have. Also makes me look a bigger twit than I am!!  8)
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 10:22pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from supertown

doubt that very very much, where do you get that 'pretty sure' information

I have no evidence other than a hunch but it benefits Hull to have Townsend playing here so I doubt we're paying much if anything for him.
Posted by: marinerjase, January 30, 2012, 10:23pm; Reply: 136
^indeed
Posted by: RoboCod, January 30, 2012, 10:34pm; Reply: 137
But we don't have a transfer embargo. I know it's complicated and each case needs to be judged on its own merits but I can see how navigating around an embargo by getting 'free' players will cause huge problems in later cases.
Posted by: blasty, January 30, 2012, 10:43pm; Reply: 138
Only going to comment the once on this matter to make my point and then I will be getting back to worrying about my club winning its games to EARN its promotion out of this division.

I would just repeat the point others have made above, would some or all of the crusaders contacting the BSP in the interests of "fairness" do so if we had taken 6 points off Darlo?? I doubt it muchly....

Whilst I fully agree with the point that three times in admin is too much, a little humility wouldnt go amiss. I wish no club and no fan such ill that I would want them to go out of business, however much this may or may not have the potential to benefit GTFC.

Good luck Darlo and I hope for the sake of their fans they find a way to pull through this.
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 10:45pm; Reply: 139
It's all down to the conference now in respect of Darlo, and as many have said letters of enquiry won't have any impact on their decision n Liddle seems very excited about his loan targets he is lining up. Maybe the league will say no , you have registered players use them
First? Darlo fans already asking where their revenue from
The last 2 home games of around 6,000 average crowd has gone as they only have cash to last til tomorrow? It's gone to the administrator to keep the club solvent for the moment I would guess!
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 30, 2012, 10:56pm; Reply: 140
I'm a Hartlepool fan so like the previous Poolie I love to laugh at darlo, but this is about the fans, it's not about Reynolds, Haughton's or Singh's mismanagement. Fenty has made loans to your club which if ever have to be called in will leave you in the same situation, because as much as you would like to think it wont happen it could. What situation would you have been placed in if Robbie Fowler had become a player/coach with you. Because that would surely have meant you spending way above your means or doesn't your team trying to do it not count. Or have you all forgotten that you tried to sign him. It was Reynolds who tried to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla so it over 10 years since that was in the offering. So where you attempting to cheat there ?

This may be their 3rd time in administration but it's slightly different because if I'm right BSP rules state that all creditors have to be paid in full, either by whoever takes over immediately or with a CVA over set number of years and they have to be out of administration before the season finishes, if not they will be relegated one division and if in a relegation position at end of the season then they will be relegated 2 divisions. So with that in mind they face the harshest penalties possible in English football, so hardly something to look for.

With regards to some on here saying they were laughing when they had 10 points deducted, get real they sat in a good position to make promotion, but they laugh at their season going mammaries up, who actually believes that.

I can say I give them money prior to this thread when I met a Darlo fan in some services while I was on the way to Hillsborough and thats a Poolie helping out their so called rivals.

Pools suffered because of the ITV digital collapse everyone of the 72 clubs did, but our owners didn't put as much faith in it as many including yourselves did.

So we loan Adam Boyd to them(still only a rumour) and we state we'll pay all his wages whats that to do with Grimsby,(or any other team) maybe we should say we'll pay all but £10 a month of them.

No fan can affect who takes over their club, even the so called "fit and proper" test by the FA doesn't work. Otherwise Portsmouth wouldn't be facing another winding up petition. The fit and proper test covers whether they've been in jail if not and they prove they can run a club at that particular time then they do. End of test.

Some of the attitude of football fans on here astounds me.Is it simply you want them to go bust so Wrexham lose 3 points Luton lose 3 points York lose 2 points Southport lose 3 points while you lose 0 points. Which funnily enough would close the gap on some of those teams who are above you. And as you lost improve your goal difference while some of others GD would detoriate. Southport's would become -8 yours +19 almost as good as an extra point. And as York have played Darlo twice thats a benefit to you.

Maybe those who throw the stone in the glass house should be wary of what could happen. Even I accept that one day it may happen if our owners decide to pull out.  
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 30, 2012, 11:13pm; Reply: 141
Is that the promotion place they fell out of because they had loads of players playing below their level on big wages or a different Darlo team. I don't have the time of day for Darlo n couldn't care less about the clubs predicament and I'm not alone in my opinion! I wouldn't contribute to their cause at all. However Darlo seem to think every other club apart from town are with them. Not according to Barrow, Alfreton and Bath fans I've spoken to they are as divided on the subject as we Town fans are.

I was impressed with the efforts on the pitch v York n Fleetwood
And that team spirit will possibly save them from
A relegation place, which is more than fair! But as for financial survival let's wait n see how it goes. I would contribute however to a Phoenix team starting afresh from this mess!

Posted by: Impartial, January 30, 2012, 11:21pm; Reply: 142

Just seen this thread posted elsewhere and had to join to comment.  Darlo can not in any shape be cheats, they were docked the 10 points and if the rest of the north east footballing community wants to help.....for free and it obviously does not contravene any law then this is just sour grapes on any team that complains.  The supporters needed help to save their club and they got it, good for darlo is what I say.

Yes it's fair to say the conference taking notice of a few letters of complaint is probably right....chances are it made no difference.  Thing is to post the fact that you did it ....And be proud of it is disgusting not only to football fans but to any man in the street......obviously the term grass means nothing to some people in grimbsby
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 11:32pm; Reply: 143
Quoted from fetish_bob
I'm a Hartlepool fan so like the previous Poolie I love to laugh at darlo, but this is about the fans, it's not about Reynolds, Haughton's or Singh's mismanagement. Fenty has made loans to your club which if ever have to be called in will leave you in the same situation, because as much as you would like to think it wont happen it could. What situation would you have been placed in if Robbie Fowler had become a player/coach with you. Because that would surely have meant you spending way above your means or doesn't your team trying to do it not count. Or have you all forgotten that you tried to sign him. It was Reynolds who tried to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla so it over 10 years since that was in the offering. So where you attempting to cheat there ?

This may be their 3rd time in administration but it's slightly different because if I'm right BSP rules state that all creditors have to be paid in full, either by whoever takes over immediately or with a CVA over set number of years and they have to be out of administration before the season finishes, if not they will be relegated one division and if in a relegation position at end of the season then they will be relegated 2 divisions. So with that in mind they face the harshest penalties possible in English football, so hardly something to look for.

With regards to some on here saying they were laughing when they had 10 points deducted, get real they sat in a good position to make promotion, but they laugh at their season going mammaries up, who actually believes that.

I can say I give them money prior to this thread when I met a Darlo fan in some services while I was on the way to Hillsborough and thats a Poolie helping out their so called rivals.

Pools suffered because of the ITV digital collapse everyone of the 72 clubs did, but our owners didn't put as much faith in it as many including yourselves did.

So we loan Adam Boyd to them(still only a rumour) and we state we'll pay all his wages whats that to do with Grimsby,(or any other team) maybe we should say we'll pay all but £10 a month of them.

No fan can affect who takes over their club, even the so called "fit and proper" test by the FA doesn't work. Otherwise Portsmouth wouldn't be facing another winding up petition. The fit and proper test covers whether they've been in jail if not and they prove they can run a club at that particular time then they do. End of test.

Some of the attitude of football fans on here astounds me.Is it simply you want them to go bust so Wrexham lose 3 points Luton lose 3 points York lose 2 points Southport lose 3 points while you lose 0 points. Which funnily enough would close the gap on some of those teams who are above you. And as you lost improve your goal difference while some of others GD would detoriate. Southport's would become -8 yours +19 almost as good as an extra point. And as York have played Darlo twice thats a benefit to you.

Maybe those who throw the stone in the glass house should be wary of what could happen. Even I accept that one day it may happen if our owners decide to pull out.  

We never tried to sign Robbie Fowler so how you're using that as an argument is beyond me.
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 30, 2012, 11:33pm; Reply: 144
So did Grimsby cheat in 2006 ?????? That was the year you came to an arrangement with HMRC to pay off you tax bill in installments. Yet in that year you made a profit  after tax of over £400,000. So why didn't you use that £400,000 to pay off your tax bill or the vast majority of it then in one big payment. Or did you use it to bring in players like Till Paterson Pulis on loan, hence keeping the money to pay their wages and technically cheating to do so, as if you had paid your tax bill then you may not have been able to bring them players in.

If your going to throw the first stone make sure your own house has always been in order. yes you paid your tax bill but you had made a profit after tax of £400k.
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 30, 2012, 11:36pm; Reply: 145
Quoted from mariner91

We never tried to sign Robbie Fowler so how you're using that as an argument is beyond me.

I love it when a fan of a club knows nothing about their club, care to retract that.... here's the proof

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/grimsby-confirm-fowler-interest-1043955.html

And note the quote from Fenty

Grimsby chairman John Fenty has revealed there is "a glimmer of a chance" that former England striker Robbie Fowler will join the Coca-Cola League Two club.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 11:45pm; Reply: 146
Quoted from fetish_bob

I love it when a fan of a club knows nothing about their club, care to retract that.... here's the proof

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/grimsby-confirm-fowler-interest-1043955.html

And note the quote from Fenty

Grimsby chairman John Fenty has revealed there is "a glimmer of a chance" that former England striker Robbie Fowler will join the Coca-Cola League Two club.

In an interview on mariner's player around this time Newell was asked something along the lines of "any news on the transfer front" to which he replied "nothing...except for Robbie" and then he laughed. I would imagine this was more a publicity stunt than anything and if you seriously think otherwise and that we were about to break the bank to sign him then you're a fool.
Posted by: mariner91, January 30, 2012, 11:53pm; Reply: 147
Quoted from fetish_bob
So did Grimsby cheat in 2006 ?????? That was the year you came to an arrangement with HMRC to pay off you tax bill in installments. Yet in that year you made a profit  after tax of over £400,000. So why didn't you use that £400,000 to pay off your tax bill or the vast majority of it then in one big payment. Or did you use it to bring in players like Till Paterson Pulis on loan, hence keeping the money to pay their wages and technically cheating to do so, as if you had paid your tax bill then you may not have been able to bring them players in.

If your going to throw the first stone make sure your own house has always been in order. yes you paid your tax bill but you had made a profit after tax of £400k.

How is that technically cheating? It would only be cheating if we used that money INSTEAD of paying the tax bill. Every single penny was paid back through installments as agreed with HMRC, that is not cheating.
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 31, 2012, 12:03am; Reply: 148
Thing here has gotten out of all proportion, I enquired with the league asking them to clarify their position on loan players! Not Darlo just the possibility of any team affecting the integrity of the league by having players of a high calibre (not u19s), but older players that other teams in the league had no free access to! Fair enough what business is it of mine ? None, but I was intrigued by the loans scenario! I can't speak for what others asked or moaned about, but I can't see the harm in asking for a bit of clarity. But eh ho it gives people something to focus their anger on rather than the reality of the situation. A bit inflammatory posting about receiving a reply but eh it's caused a shhitestorm n lengthy debate.

That said, I have stated I don't care about Darlos plight, points gained or lost by teams if they fold. But that's not quite true, I would have sympathy for them
If this latest saviour has got their hopes up then it falls apart, that would be cruel n not something I would wish on any fan in this division!
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 31, 2012, 12:09am; Reply: 149
Quoted from mariner91

In an interview on mariner's player around this time Newell was asked something along the lines of "any news on the transfer front" to which he replied "nothing...except for Robbie" and then he laughed. I would imagine this was more a publicity stunt than anything and if you seriously think otherwise and that we were about to break the bank to sign him then you're a fool.

Your own chairman states you spoke to him via Newell so you spoke to him with a view to arranging a deal. So are you calling your chairman (and still the incumbent) a liar ????????.... If it was untrue why did Fenty allow the so called quote and not sue the newspaper who published it. Your own chairman stated there was a chance whether it a glimmer or not the club must have spoken to him. I used that as an example because someone on here used Gascoigne and Asprilla against Darlo. Just like Fowler didn't came off in your attempt to take him to Grimsby, If its good enough for your fans to use against another team then it good enough to show that you also tried to sign a big name and possibly spend way beyond your means.

You can say Newell laughed but unless you were present at the interview  and saw all around you don't know why he laughed. I will take your chairman's word that you had a glimmer of hope of signing him rather than you saying it was a joke. You could of course have just made all that up, and unless you show proof I will carry on believing whats in print from your chairman over you.  

Posted by: Hilly, January 31, 2012, 12:20am; Reply: 150
Quoted from ticker_1610
Is that the promotion place they fell out of because they had loads of players playing below their level on big wages or a different Darlo team. I don't have the time of day for Darlo n couldn't care less about the clubs predicament and I'm not alone in my opinion! I wouldn't contribute to their cause at all. However Darlo seem to think every other club apart from town are with them. Not according to Barrow, Alfreton and Bath fans I've spoken to they are as divided on the subject as we Town fans are.

I was impressed with the efforts on the pitch v York n Fleetwood
And that team spirit will possibly save them from
A relegation place, which is more than fair! But as for financial survival let's wait n see how it goes. I would contribute however to a Phoenix team starting afresh from this mess!

Can't speak about Bath and Alfreton, but Barrow fans have been nothing but fantastic to us as was shown in their public demonstrations 3 weeks or so ago.
Posted by: BlackBoots, January 31, 2012, 7:38am; Reply: 151
Quoted from ticker_1610
Thing here has gotten out of all proportion, I enquired with the league asking them to clarify their position on loan players! Not Darlo just the possibility of any team affecting the integrity of the league by having players of a high calibre (not u19s), but older players that other teams in the league had no free access to! Fair enough what business is it of mine ? None, but I was intrigued by the loans scenario! I can't speak for what others asked or moaned about, but I can't see the harm in asking for a bit of clarity. But eh ho it gives people something to focus their anger on rather than the reality of the situation. A bit inflammatory posting about receiving a reply but eh it's caused a shhitestorm n lengthy debate.

That said, I have stated I don't care about Darlos plight, points gained or lost by teams if they fold. But that's not quite true, I would have sympathy for them
If this latest saviour has got their hopes up then it falls apart, that would be cruel n not something I would wish on any fan in this division!

Got out of proportion? What the f^^^ did you expect? Whinge and whine about this and that. Haven't you got anything better to do than bring ridicule on our club.

It is certainly going to make it difficult for our travelling fans at Easter. Maybe you will be pleased with that? Perhaps the extra policing that will be required will tip Darlo over the edge?

I hope they survive and i hope some Town fans can gain a little humility
Posted by: LeightonMariner, January 31, 2012, 7:43am; Reply: 152
Quoted from ticker_1610
They did well v York with their makeshift team and all respect to their youth players! If as you say Adam Boyes has agreed to go on loan and I presume it's free with Hartlepool picking up his not insignificant wages (presumed), this seems a bit unfair to have a player of his experience n calibre playing. However Darlo wouldn't be allowed to build up debt whilst still in admin? I could understand them being allowed an U19 player as it usually means a player can be slightly older than that n still be in the age category. We have several young players in our matchday squad week in week out and they have been outstanding for us! But a player of Boyds ability for free No!

So it's okay for us to get talented youngsters from Hull for next to nothing then?
Posted by: mariner91, January 31, 2012, 7:58am; Reply: 153
Quoted from fetish_bob

Your own chairman states you spoke to him via Newell so you spoke to him with a view to arranging a deal. So are you calling your chairman (and still the incumbent) a liar ????????.... If it was untrue why did Fenty allow the so called quote and not sue the newspaper who published it. Your own chairman stated there was a chance whether it a glimmer or not the club must have spoken to him. I used that as an example because someone on here used Gascoigne and Asprilla against Darlo. Just like Fowler didn't came off in your attempt to take him to Grimsby, If its good enough for your fans to use against another team then it good enough to show that you also tried to sign a big name and possibly spend way beyond your means.

You can say Newell laughed but unless you were present at the interview  and saw all around you don't know why he laughed. I will take your chairman's word that you had a glimmer of hope of signing him rather than you saying it was a joke. You could of course have just made all that up, and unless you show proof I will carry on believing whats in print from your chairman over you.  

All you have to do is go on the twit of the week thread, somebody on this very website started that rumour as a joke. This soon spread and for Fenty it was a chance for a bit of media exposure for the club at a time when the playing side of things weren't going well and the club needed a bit of interest for something. And I wouldn't believe everything you read in print or everything people in football say.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 8:24am; Reply: 154
Quoted from LeightonMariner

So it's okay for us to get talented youngsters from Hull for next to nothing then?

But are we under an embargo? There needs to be a clarification of this, it's not Darlington-specific, some clubs, perhaps larger clubs, feeder clubs etc will benefit from this 'free' player rule. A small struggling club like Kettering would struggle to find any players of any quality to come in for 'free' while under an embargo, a club like Peterboro for example, should they ever struggle and become embargoed would get a bunch of Man Utd reserves/youths through the managers father.

Like I said, not aimed at Darlington or their current plight but it's another grey area. As for Town, we're not under any embargo or any financial penalties so yes, we can get players this way as can any club.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 8:38am; Reply: 155
Quoted from ticker_1610
Last week I was incensed that Darlington were trying to get four players in on loan, 2 from Boro and 2 from Newcastle. I felt it was unfair on clubs that paid their bills and couldn't afford loan players especially Prem/Championship standard. It was unfair on these clubs and compromised the integrity of the league!

Today I received a reply. It stated Darlo have 26 players registered ten of these senior pro's. Why register 26 if they did not feel those players were able to play. Darlo therefore have sufficient players registered to allow them to field a team.

A second reply concerning the potential loans. Stated why allow a club that can't pay existing debts be allowed to accrue more by taking on loan players. The reply also indicated that the league are concerned about the integrity of the league and the affect on other clubs in the league!

I understood this to mean they are concerned about the quality of Free loans of a calibre not available to clubs also struggling but won't rack up debt to bring in loan players, as they can't get Free Prem/Chship ones!!

This is the post that started this thread, any honest and decent football fan will aknowledge the part in bold.  The reason why there is no integrity is down to the very people who are now trying to turn this into a petty argument and vilifying those who want the best for the game.

We have suffered greatly as a club and I think people have forgotten the hardship we have faced as fans and as a club, no has done anything for us the way people are falling all over themslves to help Darlo and feeling sorry for them.

Cheats should never prosper and I don't want Darlo to go bust but I do want them to be made an example of with harsher penalties.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 9:52am; Reply: 156
2 + 2 = 5, well that’s the way it looks. It’s about time the true facts come out. Below is my email to the Conference. It does not condemn Darlington in any way, it does not ask for them to be thrown out of the league, it does not ask the Conference to ban loans. Read it for yourself, it just gives my concerns of over a level playing field.

Quoted Text
Enquiry: Darlington started the season with a full pro squad that they couldnt afford. They beat teams with that squad. But now they hardly have a senior pro left, are being allowed to field youth team players that they have registered, so are going to be the leagues whipping boys. There are teams in around the play offs, perhaps those that have even got to play them twice that are now at an advantage because it is nailed on 3 points and 6 points for them. They havent had to play the full strenght pro team that others had to play. Yes it is fair they may get relegated, but it is not fair to all the other teams.

I would be interested in your take on the matter.

Regards

As it's turned out they have had decent results so far.

The way I see it is that many of Darlington fan see there best defence of their situation is attack, so they asume that Town fans are against them, so the are venting there fustration on them.

I (and most Town fans) do not want to see Darlington fold, but we do not want a rescue that results in another administration within a year or so. It's a bit like gardening, if you keep planting the same seed in the same soil year after year it will fail. What Darlington need is new seed and new ground, in other words they need a totally fresh approach or start with a more suitable Stadium, weather that be through a new owner or a new club I do not know. I personally would favour a new club. If Grimsby were in the same predicament (3 admins, Unsuitable stadium etc) I would favour folding and the formation of a new club (AFC Grimsby or similar).

So all you Darlo fans on here please relay this back to you boards, as I have no wish to do so myself.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 31, 2012, 10:03am; Reply: 157
The first part of that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. They had a chairman in place to cover the debt, just like we do and just like 90 percent of the clubs in the football ladder, are we cheats too then?
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 10:10am; Reply: 158

They had a chairman in place to cover the debt. No they didn't.
just like we do Fenty has mis-managed, not gambled other peoples money.

are we cheats too then? Who have we cheated ? Have we missed any wage payments/missed any bills ?
Posted by: Hilly, January 31, 2012, 10:14am; Reply: 159
Quoted from RoboCod

are we cheats too then? Who have we cheated ? Have we missed any wage payments/missed any bills ?

We did. He just decided that enough was enough, which unfortunately might come to yourselves one day. Also, Raj Singh did not gamble other peoples money.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 10:22am; Reply: 160
Quoted from Hilly

We did. He just decided that enough was enough, which unfortunately might come to yourselves one day. Also, Raj Singh did not gamble other peoples money.

So he didn't have enough to cover? Let me quote Stan_Darlo from earlier in this thread..

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough

A loan? Of a finite amount? That is NOT cover for wreckless spending. And IF Fenty ever decides to pull out he still will not have the fact that he was spending money owed to small businesses on more players hanging over his head, nor the fact that his players went unpaid. Bored of repeating this now.

Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 10:28am; Reply: 161
Quoted from Hilly

What was your chairmans interest in the land around the ground?

You cheated players out of wages.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 10:41am; Reply: 162
If Paul Wildes puts £300,00 up to buy Darlington today, have the Darlington FC Rescue Group got the £200,000 they need to put in?

Anybody know?
Posted by: psgmariner, January 31, 2012, 10:47am; Reply: 163
If Paul Wildes puts £300,00 up to buy Darlington today, have the Darlington FC Rescue Group got the £200,000 they need to put in?

Anybody know?

He has said he doesn't need the £200k from the fans straightaway.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 10:51am; Reply: 164
Quoted from psgmariner

He has said he doesn't need the £200k from the fans straightaway.

It gets more complicated every day. The administrator said he needed to see at least £500,000 to let the club continue, Wilds has offered £300,00 (Which he must prove he has) so do the 'Rescue Group' have to prove they have £200,000 or will Wildes have to put it up initially?
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 31, 2012, 11:00am; Reply: 165
This guy has had EIGHTEEN companies liquidated!
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 31, 2012, 11:01am; Reply: 166
Quoted from mariner91

All you have to do is go on the twit of the week thread, somebody on this very website started that rumour as a joke. This soon spread and for Fenty it was a chance for a bit of media exposure for the club at a time when the playing side of things weren't going well and the club needed a bit of interest for something. And I wouldn't believe everything you read in print or everything people in football say.

Your still missing the point. Someone used Reynolds attempts to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla (2002 by the way) as Darlo spending beyond their means. Now although Reynolds paraded Asprilla at Feethams whose to say he wasn't doing what you claim Fenty did with Fowler, attracting publicity for his club. They had coverage on Sky(if my memory right they even interviewed Reynolds and Asprilla outside Reynolds home) now no one knows what Asprilla was offered he could have been offered 2 boxes of fish and a few hundred quid a week. Reynolds knows he's going to reject that but has got the publicity so if fans can use that to say Darlo were spending beyond their means then others can use what your your club has done in the same way. You cannot say 100% that it was a publicity stunt, did Fowler ever deny it ?????? granted I don't believe everything I read in a newspaper either and if your chairman wasn't quoted in that article I would not have used it, but your OFFICIAL CLUB LINE was there was a chance. So once more is your chairman a liar ??????????? No politicians answer.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 11:09am; Reply: 167
Quoted from fetish_bob

Your still missing the point. Someone used Reynolds attempts to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla (2002 by the way) as Darlo spending beyond their means. Now although Reynolds paraded Asprilla at Feethams whose to say he wasn't doing what you claim Fenty did with Fowler, attracting publicity for his club. They had coverage on Sky(if my memory right they even interviewed Reynolds and Asprilla outside Reynolds home) now no one knows what Asprilla was offered he could have been offered 2 boxes of fish and a few hundred quid a week. Reynolds knows he's going to reject that but has got the publicity so if fans can use that to say Darlo were spending beyond their means then others can use what your your club has done in the same way. You cannot say 100% that it was a publicity stunt, did Fowler ever deny it ?????? granted I don't believe everything I read in a newspaper either and if your chairman wasn't quoted in that article I would not have used it, but your OFFICIAL CLUB LINE was there was a chance. So once more is your chairman a liar ??????????? No politicians answer.

Can't you just drop it .......... Suggest you direct your effort to saving your club and not twisting things round rightly or wrongly!
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 11:12am; Reply: 168
There's a big difference between parading a player at the ground and an Internet rumour mate. Newell was friends with Fowler, Newell was drunk half the time, he probably thought he had signed him at times.
Posted by: mariner91, January 31, 2012, 11:16am; Reply: 169
Quoted from fetish_bob

Well I'm not saying Fenty is a liar but all I will say is that if he ever gives the manager a vote of confidence the manager should start updating his CV.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 11:57am; Reply: 170
Quoted from Helgy

I'll keep on saying this but who is supposed to be learning a lesson exactly?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 11:57am; Reply: 171
Quoted from fetish_bob

Folwer was a golfing buddy of Neweel, someone on the fishy saw them and came up with a thread saying we were signing him as a player coach.  Neweel may have had a chat over a game off golf but nothing offical came of it.  Even Neweel saw the funny side of it and it's a whole different kettle of fish to what Reytnolds did.

We haven't gone into admin, our previous chairman had no money, we have paid all our debts and what we owe to JF is covered by our assets.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 11:58am; Reply: 172
Quoted from RoboCod
No s**t Quakerz, you are hard work. What's this on your board..

"What grated my gears was a comment "you beat us with players you could not afford" - but technically they can't afford their players without a benefactor."

We HAVE a benefactor! John Fenty, benign loans, wages paid every week, yes things are tight but we haven't owed local businesses anything while spending the money we owed them. None of these things can be applied to you.

Do NOT compare the two situations. We would sell Hearn before we considered Admin or anything serious while you continued spending.

We didn't, we started desperately offloading players two months before administration.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:07pm; Reply: 173
Quoted from ticker_1610

Adam Boyd not Boyes. Also, I'm 99% certain that rumour is BS. There is NO WAY we'd get away with signing him in administration, but if we come out of administration, the embargo is lifted and we sign him with Pools picking up his wages, then that is fair, and good luck for us. We'd have 7 experienced players then.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:10pm; Reply: 174
Quoted from Marinerz93
Typical Darlo fans no nothing about honour, not only are they happy about being in admin for the 3rd time but they are even having a go at some women at her place of work just because she is from Grimsby, apparently she has been getting grief on her facebook as well because of what one Town fan has done.

I look forward to the Darlo version of pontoonlew who can't grovel enough to come on here and apologize on behalf of Darlington fans for abusing innocent women at work.

(I don't want Darlo to go bust, just struggle like they deserve after cheating the league 3 times in 9 years  ;)  )

None of us are happy we've gone into administration for a third time and no evidence has been presented of any Grimsby woman being abused by any Darlo fans.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 12:10pm; Reply: 175
Quoted from Quakerz

Adam Boyd not Boyes. Also, I'm 99% certain that rumour is BS. There is NO WAY we'd get away with signing him in administration, but if we come out of administration, the embargo is lifted and we sign him with Pools picking up his wages, then that is fair, and good luck for us. We'd have 7 experienced players then.

I see there are no appologies coming forward from Darlington fans for verbally abusing a woman at work just because she comes from Grimsby.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:13pm; Reply: 176
Quoted from RoboCod
But we don't have a transfer embargo. I know it's complicated and each case needs to be judged on its own merits but I can see how navigating around an embargo by getting 'free' players will cause huge problems in later cases.

An embargo is SURELY ONLY to stop said team from SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY, it's surely not about making sure the team is systematically weakened to the point of whipping boys in some bizarre punishment ritual. If a club gets a couple of free loans it is not spending any more money.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 12:18pm; Reply: 177
Quoted from Quakerz

An embargo is SURELY ONLY to stop said team from SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY, it's surely not about making sure the team is systematically weakened to the point of whipping boys in some bizarre punishment ritual. If a club gets a couple of free loans it is not spending any more money.

It will be a new experience for you, getting whipped that is.  You see we had over 5 seasons of that because we were paying our debts whilst trying to compete with sides who just popped into admin when it suited them.  Watching players going through the motions or simply not being good enough was what a lot of our younger fans have had to stomach.  It effects the gates and morale, maybe when you have savoured this you will apprieciate were a lot of our frustrations have come from.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 12:18pm; Reply: 178
Quoted from Quakerz

First sensible rational thing you have said.

Now please concentrate on saving your club now, bye.....

Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:19pm; Reply: 179
Quoted from pontoonlew
The first part of that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. They had a chairman in place to cover the debt, just like we do and just like 90 percent of the clubs in the football ladder, are we cheats too then?

Exactly. We weren't "cheating", we were living "within the means available to us" like Grimsby. Then that funding got pulled.

Posted by: 2075 (Guest), January 31, 2012, 12:21pm; Reply: 180
Out of interest why are some of our fans getting on their high horse regarding Darlington? Shouldn't we be concentrating on our own club?
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:21pm; Reply: 181
Quoted from RoboCod

So he didn't have enough to cover? Let me quote Stan_Darlo from earlier in this thread..

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough

A loan? Of a finite amount? That is NOT cover for wreckless spending. And IF Fenty ever decides to pull out he still will not have the fact that he was spending money owed to small businesses on more players hanging over his head, nor the fact that his players went unpaid. Bored of repeating this now.

Stan Darlo was talking about George Houghton who spent money he didn't have and plunged us into administration number 2.

Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 182
Quoted from Quakerz

My gripe isn't aimed at Darlos present situation, nor particularly at the outgoing money (though you'd be paying these players? ). It just sets up a potentially unfair system. You could (and looks like you do) have the sympathy of giants like Newcastle/Sunderland who will want to help out a neighbouring club in peril. So you get (technically) Premiership players for free, probably ensuring you stay up. Other clubs, whether through size or location may not get that treatment and are down to the usual rummage through the bargain bins, hardly helping them out at all. Again, it's the flaw in the system I'm seeing here, another grey area that could be exploited by some.
For what it's worth, I don't have an answer for this :-/
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 12:24pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from Quakerz

Exactly. We weren't "cheating", we were living "within the means available to us" like Grimsby. Then that funding got pulled.

Bye, haven’t you gone yet, you have a club to save. Bye.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:25pm; Reply: 184
Quoted from Marinerz93

I see there are no appologies coming forward from Darlington fans for verbally abusing a woman at work just because she comes from Grimsby.

Show me the evidence of it happening and I will apologise on behalf of Darlo fans.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 12:25pm; Reply: 185
Quoted from Quakerz

Didn't the pulling of said funding happen around the same time that his other interests in land around your stadium got denied/blocked.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:26pm; Reply: 186
Quoted from RoboCod

My gripe isn't aimed at Darlos present situation, nor particularly at the outgoing money (though you'd be paying these players? ). It just sets up a potentially unfair system. You could (and looks like you do) have the sympathy of giants like Newcastle/Sunderland who will want to help out a neighbouring club in peril. So you get (technically) Premiership players for free, probably ensuring you stay up. Other clubs, whether through size or location may not get that treatment and are down to the usual rummage through the bargain bins, hardly helping them out at all. Again, it's the flaw in the system I'm seeing here, another grey area that could be exploited by some.
For what it's worth, I don't have an answer for this :-/

Neither do I.

Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:27pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from Marinerz93

Didn't the pulling of said funding happen around the same time that his other interests in land around your stadium got denied/blocked.

Yep, he'd decided he'd had enough of putting money in. His prerogative I suppose.

Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 12:27pm; Reply: 188
Quoted from Quakerz

Stan Darlo was talking about George Houghton who spent money he didn't have and plunged us into administration number 2.

Yeah, I randomly picked Admin to discuss. Houghton, Singh, Reynolds, they all stung you (though Singh isn't in the same league as the other 2)..but can't be compared to Fenty and his current financial woes. Deliberate wreckless spending over basic mis-management is my point, meet me halfway on this, I haven't mailed the BSP bosses and I haven't wished you out of business.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:30pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from Marinerz93

It will be a new experience for you, getting whipped that is.  You see we had over 5 seasons of that because we were paying our debts whilst trying to compete with sides who just popped into admin when it suited them.  Watching players going through the motions or simply not being good enough was what a lot of our younger fans have had to stomach.  It effects the gates and morale, maybe when you have savoured this you will apprieciate were a lot of our frustrations have come from.

We've had 3 decent seasons in the last 10 or so, my 29 years supportin has been about watching vastly inferior teams to the ones you have watched. Don't tell me I need to know what it's like to watch excrement, uncaring players etc etc, when I've got the T-Shirt mate.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 12:31pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from Quakerz

Yep, he'd decided he'd had enough of putting money in. His prerogative I suppose.

Thanks for replying, he also mentioned that he decided to call it a day after we beat you at BP.  I guess he was also relying on a cup run again and maybe that was the catalyist to call it a day.

Do you have any comments about the Grimsby woman who was abused at her place of work by Darlington fans just because she came from Grimsby.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:37pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from RoboCod

Yeah, I randomly picked Admin to discuss. Houghton, Singh, Reynolds, they all stung you (though Singh isn't in the same league as the other 2)..but can't be compared to Fenty and his current financial woes. Deliberate wreckless spending over basic mis-management is my point, meet me halfway on this, I haven't mailed the BSP bosses and I haven't wished you out of business.

I don't disagree with what you've said, I only disagree with generic "they never learn" ("who" never learns?) statements, and "they beat us with a team they couldn't afford" (like most clubs then) comments. Other than that, I can pretty much accept any gripe that any Grimsby or other fan has about our club.

What I certainly can't acceprt is ratting, running off to tell teacher, like the OP, and thankfully at least half of your own are disgusted or embarrassed by it.

It wasn't even that - it was that he even put the effort in to do it, then seemed proud of it!
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:39pm; Reply: 192
Quoted from Marinerz93

Do you have any comments about the Grimsby woman who was abused at her place of work by Darlington fans just because she came from Grimsby.

Haven't I answered this already? Show me the evidence it actually happened, as a starting point.

Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 31, 2012, 12:41pm; Reply: 193
Quoted from RoboCod

Of course we've missed a bill!!!! It was a tax bill remember. Was it fair that we bought and loaned players instead of paying the money back straight away. We re-negotiated a payment that we'd missed and benefitted from it. Whilst we were paying that money that we owed back we were in debt, we didn't have any money to buy and loan players. We were then loaned money by John Fenty, this increased the debt. We are still in debt to John Fenty yet we've managed to sign another player today. Is that fair? apparently not if we change our name to anything other than Grimsby Town.
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 31, 2012, 12:42pm; Reply: 194
I must admit this is getting boring now.

Vent your anger at your club failing at someone else please, we have signings to worry about today...
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 12:44pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Of course we've missed a bill!!!! It was a tax bill remember. Was it fair that we bought and loaned players instead of paying the money back straight away. We re-negotiated a payment that we'd missed and benefitted from it. Whilst we were paying that money that we owed back we were in debt, we didn't have any money to buy and loan players. We were then loaned money by John Fenty, this increased the debt. We are still in debt to John Fenty yet we've managed to sign another player today. Is that fair? apparently not if we change our name to anything other than Grimsby Town.

So have we skipped any bills? Have we skipped any player payments? Have we put local businesses in jeopardy?

Your answer is in bold, above.  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 12:45pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from Quakerz

Haven't I answered this already? Show me the evidence it actually happened, as a starting point.

I haven't seen it if you have maybe you could put the link up.  The evidence it acually happened was off your forum Andy Park is it, not happy at all and neither would I.

I would say what Darlingtons fans have done to her is worse than someone writing a letter questioning the BSP about integrity.  See no mass appologies on here for her for what she has had to endure whilst working to pay her bills.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 12:50pm; Reply: 197
What have Darlo fans done to her? Where is the evidence? What are you talking about? I don't know what you are talking about, do you? Hit me with facts and evidence please, not he said she said.
Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 31, 2012, 12:59pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from RoboCod

So have we skipped any bills? Have we skipped any player payments? Have we put local businesses in jeopardy?

Your answer is in bold, above.  

So you are not going to allow Darlo time to re-negotiate theirs?

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 1:01pm; Reply: 199
Quoted from Coley Surfer

You do not have a choice, Conference rules say you have to, or else.....

You can go now, Bye.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 1:02pm; Reply: 200
Quoted from Quakerz
What have Darlo fans done to her? Where is the evidence? What are you talking about? I don't know what you are talking about, do you? Hit me with facts and evidence please, not he said she said.

The thread you started that blew all this out of proportion "It was Grimsby fans that grassed us to the conference!!"

AndyPark   Post subject: Re: Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 pm  

Team Supported: Darlington  

Well she's been getting grief all day, whilst I have been at work. Some so called Darlington fans giving her excrement, just because a Grimsby fan did something, and she's getting grief for intercourse all.

Anyone got anything to say, then say it to me aswell. C****

Stick that in your blow hole
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 1:05pm; Reply: 201
That's evidence is it? We need names, and what they said.

Put it another way, I could now go on that other thread and say that due to this thread that Grimsby fans have been bullying my wife. And send another Darlo fan on here to say "what are you Grimsby fans going to do about that?"
Posted by: GTFCNiles, January 31, 2012, 1:09pm; Reply: 202
Quoted from Quakerz

Put it another way, I could now go on that other thread and say that due to this thread that Grimsby fans have been bullying my wife. And send another Darlo fan on here to say "what are you Grimsby fans going to do about that?"

No we don't, time to move on, considering it was one of your own fans that put this, that should be more than enough.
Posted by: RoboCod, January 31, 2012, 1:09pm; Reply: 203
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Are we talking back payments? ALL the bills going back through 3 administrations?  100% bill payment, delayed, installments, re-negotiated/whatever, same as Town ?

For sure.
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 1:12pm; Reply: 204
Quoted from Quakerz

Andy has the info because he knows some of them, why don't you do your own research and ask him or do you just rely on the wind for information like you do funding  ;)

It's your thread on your forum that has resulted in an innocent woman being victimised at work, pretty shameful really but there again your a Darlington fan, no shame, no guilt, second nature if you like.
Posted by: Quakerz, January 31, 2012, 1:15pm; Reply: 205
Andy has refused to say who the culprits were. How can I condemn persons I know not of?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 1:23pm; Reply: 206
Quoted from Quakerz
Andy has refused to say who the culprits were. How can I condemn persons I know not of?

Don't you trust or believe him?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 1:35pm; Reply: 207
Not looking good, but you never know?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9503113.Quakers__future_in_balance_as_negotiations_break_down/r/?ref=rss

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/westwood_is_prepared_for_bad_news_at_kettering_1_3470015
Posted by: ticker_1610, January 31, 2012, 1:49pm; Reply: 208
Wasn't the chairman of their trust assaulted in his own home a day or so before the save Darlo group stopped them folding? I'm not saying it was linked to Darlo fans peeved that the trust wanted to hold onto the cash raised. If all the cash raised has been gobbled up, and the way forward is via a new team at a community stadium I would donate to the club in those circumstances!
Posted by: BIGChris, January 31, 2012, 1:51pm; Reply: 209
Quoted from ticker_1610
Wasn't the chairman of their trust assaulted in his own home a day or so before the save Darlo group stopped them folding? I'm not saying it was linked to Darlo fans peeved that the trust wanted to hold onto the cash raised. If all the cash raised has been gobbled up, and the way forward is via a new team at a community stadium I would donate to the club in those circumstances!

Christ Ticker don't go giving them idea's ;D
Posted by: 1054 (Guest), January 31, 2012, 1:53pm; Reply: 210
Quoted from Quakerz

I have consistently said that I feel for the Darlo fans but the club as a whole needs to go to the wall for the sake of the integrity of this league and football in general.

Every pathetic, inflammatory, one-sided statement you make only makes me want to write to the conference and get your pathetically/criminally run club booted out to where they clearly belong. . . . some sh1tty pub league in some sh1tty area of the country.

Now go away and do something useful. . . . . like think of some way your club is going to operate outside of the bounds of the economic society we live in above and beyond the law of the land. . . . You can always blame GTFC when it inevitably goes t1ts up!
Posted by: fetish_bob, January 31, 2012, 1:53pm; Reply: 211

Can't you just drop it .......... Suggest you direct your effort to saving your club and not twisting things round rightly or wrongly!

What did you do start reading this thread from half way or so. Saving my club???? from what we sit 10th in League 1 we're not in administration , so don't need saving and we have Nobby Solano on our books. So can I suggest you actually read all the posts on this thread and not just jump on something and have a dig. I may be right I may be wrong, just as some on here may be about Fowler not joining you but my club certainly DOESN'T NEED SAVING

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 31, 2012, 2:16pm; Reply: 212
Quoted from fetish_bob

What did you do start reading this thread from half way or so. Saving my club???? from what we sit 10th in League 1 we're not in administration , so don't need saving and we have Nobby Solano on our books. So can I suggest you actually read all the posts on this thread and not just jump on something and have a dig. I may be right I may be wrong, just as some on here may be about Fowler not joining you but my club certainly DOESN'T NEED SAVING

I hope not.....
Posted by: voice of reason, January 31, 2012, 4:40pm; Reply: 213
Now now, what's occurring...  ;D
Posted by: Coley Surfer, January 31, 2012, 5:00pm; Reply: 214

You do not have a choice, Conference rules say you have to, or else.....

You can go now, Bye.

where am I going to go? please do tell.

Just a hint a Coley is a fish.

Posted by: Impartial, January 31, 2012, 10:17pm; Reply: 215
I reckon the Grimsby back room barristers need to check out the darlo site because they might be getting players in!!  Hope the post offices in Grimsby are stocked with stamps...or maybe you should just hire a artic for the letters to BSP HQ
Posted by: d_mariner84, January 31, 2012, 10:24pm; Reply: 216
Quoted from Impartial
I reckon the Grimsby back room barristers need to check out the darlo site because they might be getting players in!!  Hope the post offices in Grimsby are stocked with stamps...or maybe you should just hire a artic for the letters to BSP HQ

Were in the 21st century we use email here  :P  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 10:28pm; Reply: 217
Quoted from Impartial

We'll write letters whilst you and your chums go and hassle women while they are trying to work  :K)

Football clubs are off limits but women and kids are ok eh  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2012, 10:28pm; Reply: 218
Quoted from Impartial

I had some sympathy for Darlo and was one of the ones that wanted them to survive,but you're boring now,so fu(k off please.
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, January 31, 2012, 10:29pm; Reply: 219
Quoted from Impartial

YAAAAWWWWWNNNNN       BORED WITH DARLO NOW.........     (2guns)(2guns) 8) 8) 8)
Posted by: Impartial, January 31, 2012, 10:40pm; Reply: 220
Lol who said I was darlo? Obviously Grimsby fans have a short attention span...and u were so interested in darlo for the last month up until u made laughing stocks out of yourselves....only then is it boring!
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, January 31, 2012, 10:48pm; Reply: 221
Quoted from Impartial
Lol who said I was darlo? Obviously Grimsby fans have a short attention span...and u were so interested in darlo for the last month up until u made laughing stocks out of yourselves....only then is it boring!

DARLO OR NOT YOU ARE STILL flipping BORING    ..........  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 31, 2012, 10:49pm; Reply: 222
Quoted from Impartial

We get fans from one club pretending to be from another a lot on here, usual sad cases, you user name suggests one thing but your diatribe another.  You are the sort of person who accepts MK Dons as a football club.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:21pm