Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 144 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,771 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Hilly
January 31, 2012, 12:20am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from ticker_1610
Is that the promotion place they fell out of because they had loads of players playing below their level on big wages or a different Darlo team. I don't have the time of day for Darlo n couldn't care less about the clubs predicament and I'm not alone in my opinion! I wouldn't contribute to their cause at all. However Darlo seem to think every other club apart from town are with them. Not according to Barrow, Alfreton and Bath fans I've spoken to they are as divided on the subject as we Town fans are.

I was impressed with the efforts on the pitch v York n Fleetwood
And that team spirit will possibly save them from
A relegation place, which is more than fair! But as for financial survival let's wait n see how it goes. I would contribute however to a Phoenix team starting afresh from this mess!

Can't speak about Bath and Alfreton, but Barrow fans have been nothing but fantastic to us as was shown in their public demonstrations 3 weeks or so ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 222
BlackBoots
January 31, 2012, 7:38am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Quoted from ticker_1610
Thing here has gotten out of all proportion, I enquired with the league asking them to clarify their position on loan players! Not Darlo just the possibility of any team affecting the integrity of the league by having players of a high calibre (not u19s), but older players that other teams in the league had no free access to! Fair enough what business is it of mine ? None, but I was intrigued by the loans scenario! I can't speak for what others asked or moaned about, but I can't see the harm in asking for a bit of clarity. But eh ho it gives people something to focus their anger on rather than the reality of the situation. A bit inflammatory posting about receiving a reply but eh it's caused a shhitestorm n lengthy debate.

That said, I have stated I don't care about Darlos plight, points gained or lost by teams if they fold. But that's not quite true, I would have sympathy for them
If this latest saviour has got their hopes up then it falls apart, that would be cruel n not something I would wish on any fan in this division!

Got out of proportion? What the f^^^ did you expect? Whinge and whine about this and that. Haven't you got anything better to do than bring ridicule on our club.

It is certainly going to make it difficult for our travelling fans at Easter. Maybe you will be pleased with that? Perhaps the extra policing that will be required will tip Darlo over the edge?

I hope they survive and i hope some Town fans can gain a little humility
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 222
LeightonMariner
January 31, 2012, 7:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Quoted from ticker_1610
They did well v York with their makeshift team and all respect to their youth players! If as you say Adam Boyes has agreed to go on loan and I presume it's free with Hartlepool picking up his not insignificant wages (presumed), this seems a bit unfair to have a player of his experience n calibre playing. However Darlo wouldn't be allowed to build up debt whilst still in admin? I could understand them being allowed an U19 player as it usually means a player can be slightly older than that n still be in the age category. We have several young players in our matchday squad week in week out and they have been outstanding for us! But a player of Boyds ability for free No!

So it's okay for us to get talented youngsters from Hull for next to nothing then?

When in doubt, start a conspiracy theory  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 222
mariner91
January 31, 2012, 7:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,248
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from fetish_bob

Your own chairman states you spoke to him via Newell so you spoke to him with a view to arranging a deal. So are you calling your chairman (and still the incumbent) a liar ????????.... If it was untrue why did Fenty allow the so called quote and not sue the newspaper who published it. Your own chairman stated there was a chance whether it a glimmer or not the club must have spoken to him. I used that as an example because someone on here used Gascoigne and Asprilla against Darlo. Just like Fowler didn't came off in your attempt to take him to Grimsby, If its good enough for your fans to use against another team then it good enough to show that you also tried to sign a big name and possibly spend way beyond your means.

You can say Newell laughed but unless you were present at the interview  and saw all around you don't know why he laughed. I will take your chairman's word that you had a glimmer of hope of signing him rather than you saying it was a joke. You could of course have just made all that up, and unless you show proof I will carry on believing whats in print from your chairman over you.  

All you have to do is go on the twit of the week thread, somebody on this very website started that rumour as a joke. This soon spread and for Fenty it was a chance for a bit of media exposure for the club at a time when the playing side of things weren't going well and the club needed a bit of interest for something. And I wouldn't believe everything you read in print or everything people in football say.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 222
RoboCod
January 31, 2012, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from LeightonMariner

So it's okay for us to get talented youngsters from Hull for next to nothing then?

But are we under an embargo? There needs to be a clarification of this, it's not Darlington-specific, some clubs, perhaps larger clubs, feeder clubs etc will benefit from this 'free' player rule. A small struggling club like Kettering would struggle to find any players of any quality to come in for 'free' while under an embargo, a club like Peterboro for example, should they ever struggle and become embargoed would get a bunch of Man Utd reserves/youths through the managers father.

Like I said, not aimed at Darlington or their current plight but it's another grey area. As for Town, we're not under any embargo or any financial penalties so yes, we can get players this way as can any club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 222
Marinerz93
January 31, 2012, 8:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ticker_1610
Last week I was incensed that Darlington were trying to get four players in on loan, 2 from Boro and 2 from Newcastle. I felt it was unfair on clubs that paid their bills and couldn't afford loan players especially Prem/Championship standard. It was unfair on these clubs and compromised the integrity of the league!

Today I received a reply. It stated Darlo have 26 players registered ten of these senior pro's. Why register 26 if they did not feel those players were able to play. Darlo therefore have sufficient players registered to allow them to field a team.

A second reply concerning the potential loans. Stated why allow a club that can't pay existing debts be allowed to accrue more by taking on loan players. The reply also indicated that the league are concerned about the integrity of the league and the affect on other clubs in the league!

I understood this to mean they are concerned about the quality of Free loans of a calibre not available to clubs also struggling but won't rack up debt to bring in loan players, as they can't get Free Prem/Chship ones!!

This is the post that started this thread, any honest and decent football fan will aknowledge the part in bold.  The reason why there is no integrity is down to the very people who are now trying to turn this into a petty argument and vilifying those who want the best for the game.

We have suffered greatly as a club and I think people have forgotten the hardship we have faced as fans and as a club, no has done anything for us the way people are falling all over themslves to help Darlo and feeling sorry for them.

Cheats should never prosper and I don't want Darlo to go bust but I do want them to be made an example of with harsher penalties.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 31, 2012, 9:52am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
2 + 2 = 5, well that’s the way it looks. It’s about time the true facts come out. Below is my email to the Conference. It does not condemn Darlington in any way, it does not ask for them to be thrown out of the league, it does not ask the Conference to ban loans. Read it for yourself, it just gives my concerns of over a level playing field.

Quoted Text
Enquiry: Darlington started the season with a full pro squad that they couldnt afford. They beat teams with that squad. But now they hardly have a senior pro left, are being allowed to field youth team players that they have registered, so are going to be the leagues whipping boys. There are teams in around the play offs, perhaps those that have even got to play them twice that are now at an advantage because it is nailed on 3 points and 6 points for them. They havent had to play the full strenght pro team that others had to play. Yes it is fair they may get relegated, but it is not fair to all the other teams.

I would be interested in your take on the matter.

Regards

As it's turned out they have had decent results so far.

The way I see it is that many of Darlington fan see there best defence of their situation is attack, so they asume that Town fans are against them, so the are venting there fustration on them.

I (and most Town fans) do not want to see Darlington fold, but we do not want a rescue that results in another administration within a year or so. It's a bit like gardening, if you keep planting the same seed in the same soil year after year it will fail. What Darlington need is new seed and new ground, in other words they need a totally fresh approach or start with a more suitable Stadium, weather that be through a new owner or a new club I do not know. I personally would favour a new club. If Grimsby were in the same predicament (3 admins, Unsuitable stadium etc) I would favour folding and the formation of a new club (AFC Grimsby or similar).

So all you Darlo fans on here please relay this back to you boards, as I have no wish to do so myself.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 222
pontoonlew
January 31, 2012, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
The first part of that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. They had a chairman in place to cover the debt, just like we do and just like 90 percent of the clubs in the football ladder, are we cheats too then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 222
RoboCod
January 31, 2012, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

They had a chairman in place to cover the debt. No they didn't.
just like we do Fenty has mis-managed, not gambled other peoples money.

are we cheats too then? Who have we cheated ? Have we missed any wage payments/missed any bills ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 222
Hilly
January 31, 2012, 10:14am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from RoboCod

They had a chairman in place to cover the debt. No they didn't.
just like we do Fenty has mis-managed, not gambled other peoples money.

are we cheats too then? Who have we cheated ? Have we missed any wage payments/missed any bills ?

We did. He just decided that enough was enough, which unfortunately might come to yourselves one day. Also, Raj Singh did not gamble other peoples money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.