Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 167 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,855 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
January 30, 2012, 12:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,170
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Quakerz

Lastly, what do you lads hope to gain by trying to screw us even more? We beat you, and if we get weaker and weaker we are more likely to get hammered more and more by other teams which is hardly playing to your advantage.

Nobody is trying to 'screw' you even more. If Darlo are saved in the next few days, you will have the stigma of the last few years following you around. I am sorry but the way your club has been run makes you a laughing stock and target to rival fans. I think it would be better if you died tomorrow, formed a new team AKA AFC Wimbledon and worked your way up the pyramid. Then you would have the respect and backing of all true football fans. I would make a donation for a new club, but would not to save what you have now, which is less than nothing!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
To be fair, it's only made us a target to Grimsby fans so far. Everybody else has backed us to try and save the club.

I have been overwhelmed by the support extended our way.

By the way, it wouldn't be better if we died tomorrow because we'd have nowhere to play, if we did I'd probably agree with you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 222
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 12:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Quakerz

Whoa, wait a minute, we might loan odd players off Boro like you might loan them off Hull, what's the problem?

Bottom line is we have MASSIVELY reduced our wage bill, with only 9 pro players left (3 of these are 19 year olds on peanuts), and nobody can say we attempted to hold on to well paid players during administration.

It is now getting to the point where we cannot field a decent team (despite the York result), exasperated by injuries, and the integrity of the competition is being brought into question.

How is it fair on teams such as yourself who played a full strength Darlo team and lost, if we are going to end up getting tanked 6-0 off all your rivals next month?  

I think you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

What don't you get, you beat us with a side you couldn't afford and you've got the admin habit like a smack head has for their fix.  

Cheating constantly effects the league as a whole and to be honest the sooner you get your house in order the better, while your at it pay all those poor sods you keep ripping off back and have some integrity FFS.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 222
psgmariner

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Quakerz
To be fair, it's only made us a target to Grimsby fans so far. Everybody else has backed us to try and save the club.

By the way, it wouldn't be better if we died tomorrow because we'd have nowhere to play, if we did I'd probably agree with you.

Your support has mainly come from clubs who have been through serious financial difficulties (Boro, Wednesday and York looking at your forum).

Without getting in to an old debate, because of Fenty this has never really been the case for GTFC so perhaps that is why we are not so understanding of teams who go in to admin, clear their debt and start again.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 222
psgmariner

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Quakerz

Your support has mainly come from clubs who have been through serious financial difficulties (Boro, Wednesday and York looking at your forum).

Without getting in to an old debate, because of Fenty this has never really been the case for GTFC so perhaps that is why we are not so understanding of teams who go in to admin, clear their debt and start again.

Private Message
Reply: 24 - 222
hazdy
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Nobody is trying to 'screw' you even more. If Darlo are saved in the next few days, you will have the stigma of the last few years following you around. I am sorry but the way your club has been run makes you a laughing stock and target to rival fans. I think it would be better if you died tomorrow, formed a new team AKA AFC Wimbledon and worked your way up the pyramid. Then you would have the respect and backing of all true football fans. I would make a donation for a new club, but would not to save what you have now, which is less than nothing!

I really can't understand this animosity towards Darlington. AFC Darlington or not - what's the difference to what's left of Darlington now? It's the same fans, and the same issues.  If you want to take the moral high ground about creditors being paid etc. surely Darlo surving is better than going bankrupt and no-one getting paid?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 222
Trawler
January 30, 2012, 12:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Quakerz

How is it fair on teams such as yourself who played a full strength Darlo team and lost, if we are going to end up getting tanked 6-0 off all your rivals next month?  

It's not fair - but if you're operating within the rules we can't have beef with it - we'll just have to hope we tank you as well on April 7th.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Quakerz

its a case of the boy that cried wolf my friend.
once you can sort of have a tad of sympathy with
twice is very unfortunate
three, your taking the pi55

how would you HONESTLY feel if it had been hartleppol it had happened to? or if it had happened at boro  twice more since 1986?
yes, football fans do (and should) STICK TOGETHER. but, there is a limit to the amount of neglect that can happen.
are you telling me that your chairman didnt realise he was spending more than was coming in?? i dont think so, if that is the case, i suggest he starts playing champ manager.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Marinerz93

What don't you get, you beat us with a side you couldn't afford and you've got the admin habit like a smack head has for their fix.  

Cheating constantly effects the league as a whole and to be honest the sooner you get your house in order the better, while your at it pay all those poor sods you keep ripping off back and have some integrity FFS.

You've got a side you can't afford either, or has that escaped your notice? Only difference is Fenty didn't slam you in administration like Singh did and ask for £1.8m "in loans" back.

I'm all for fair competition and living within means but none of you when criticising Darlo living beyond our means (which to be fair we have done) are looking at yourselves. You could easily have ended up in our situation. Luckily your backers have cared about your club and done everything to cover YOUR losses.

What was it, 900k last year?

FFS.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 12:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
ok, show me a club that runs at profit without the aid of financial backing????

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.