Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 361 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,885 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
fetish_bob
January 30, 2012, 10:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
I'm a Hartlepool fan so like the previous Poolie I love to laugh at darlo, but this is about the fans, it's not about Reynolds, Haughton's or Singh's mismanagement. Fenty has made loans to your club which if ever have to be called in will leave you in the same situation, because as much as you would like to think it wont happen it could. What situation would you have been placed in if Robbie Fowler had become a player/coach with you. Because that would surely have meant you spending way above your means or doesn't your team trying to do it not count. Or have you all forgotten that you tried to sign him. It was Reynolds who tried to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla so it over 10 years since that was in the offering. So where you attempting to cheat there ?

This may be their 3rd time in administration but it's slightly different because if I'm right BSP rules state that all creditors have to be paid in full, either by whoever takes over immediately or with a CVA over set number of years and they have to be out of administration before the season finishes, if not they will be relegated one division and if in a relegation position at end of the season then they will be relegated 2 divisions. So with that in mind they face the harshest penalties possible in English football, so hardly something to look for.

With regards to some on here saying they were laughing when they had 10 points deducted, get real they sat in a good position to make promotion, but they laugh at their season going mammaries up, who actually believes that.

I can say I give them money prior to this thread when I met a Darlo fan in some services while I was on the way to Hillsborough and thats a Poolie helping out their so called rivals.

Pools suffered because of the ITV digital collapse everyone of the 72 clubs did, but our owners didn't put as much faith in it as many including yourselves did.

So we loan Adam Boyd to them(still only a rumour) and we state we'll pay all his wages whats that to do with Grimsby,(or any other team) maybe we should say we'll pay all but £10 a month of them.

No fan can affect who takes over their club, even the so called "fit and proper" test by the FA doesn't work. Otherwise Portsmouth wouldn't be facing another winding up petition. The fit and proper test covers whether they've been in jail if not and they prove they can run a club at that particular time then they do. End of test.

Some of the attitude of football fans on here astounds me.Is it simply you want them to go bust so Wrexham lose 3 points Luton lose 3 points York lose 2 points Southport lose 3 points while you lose 0 points. Which funnily enough would close the gap on some of those teams who are above you. And as you lost improve your goal difference while some of others GD would detoriate. Southport's would become -8 yours +19 almost as good as an extra point. And as York have played Darlo twice thats a benefit to you.

Maybe those who throw the stone in the glass house should be wary of what could happen. Even I accept that one day it may happen if our owners decide to pull out.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 11:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Is that the promotion place they fell out of because they had loads of players playing below their level on big wages or a different Darlo team. I don't have the time of day for Darlo n couldn't care less about the clubs predicament and I'm not alone in my opinion! I wouldn't contribute to their cause at all. However Darlo seem to think every other club apart from town are with them. Not according to Barrow, Alfreton and Bath fans I've spoken to they are as divided on the subject as we Town fans are.

I was impressed with the efforts on the pitch v York n Fleetwood
And that team spirit will possibly save them from
A relegation place, which is more than fair! But as for financial survival let's wait n see how it goes. I would contribute however to a Phoenix team starting afresh from this mess!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 222
Impartial
January 30, 2012, 11:21pm
Coke Drinker

Just seen this thread posted elsewhere and had to join to comment.  Darlo can not in any shape be cheats, they were docked the 10 points and if the rest of the north east footballing community wants to help.....for free and it obviously does not contravene any law then this is just sour grapes on any team that complains.  The supporters needed help to save their club and they got it, good for darlo is what I say.

Yes it's fair to say the conference taking notice of a few letters of complaint is probably right....chances are it made no difference.  Thing is to post the fact that you did it ....And be proud of it is disgusting not only to football fans but to any man in the street......obviously the term grass means nothing to some people in grimbsby
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,620
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from fetish_bob
I'm a Hartlepool fan so like the previous Poolie I love to laugh at darlo, but this is about the fans, it's not about Reynolds, Haughton's or Singh's mismanagement. Fenty has made loans to your club which if ever have to be called in will leave you in the same situation, because as much as you would like to think it wont happen it could. What situation would you have been placed in if Robbie Fowler had become a player/coach with you. Because that would surely have meant you spending way above your means or doesn't your team trying to do it not count. Or have you all forgotten that you tried to sign him. It was Reynolds who tried to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla so it over 10 years since that was in the offering. So where you attempting to cheat there ?

This may be their 3rd time in administration but it's slightly different because if I'm right BSP rules state that all creditors have to be paid in full, either by whoever takes over immediately or with a CVA over set number of years and they have to be out of administration before the season finishes, if not they will be relegated one division and if in a relegation position at end of the season then they will be relegated 2 divisions. So with that in mind they face the harshest penalties possible in English football, so hardly something to look for.

With regards to some on here saying they were laughing when they had 10 points deducted, get real they sat in a good position to make promotion, but they laugh at their season going mammaries up, who actually believes that.

I can say I give them money prior to this thread when I met a Darlo fan in some services while I was on the way to Hillsborough and thats a Poolie helping out their so called rivals.

Pools suffered because of the ITV digital collapse everyone of the 72 clubs did, but our owners didn't put as much faith in it as many including yourselves did.

So we loan Adam Boyd to them(still only a rumour) and we state we'll pay all his wages whats that to do with Grimsby,(or any other team) maybe we should say we'll pay all but £10 a month of them.

No fan can affect who takes over their club, even the so called "fit and proper" test by the FA doesn't work. Otherwise Portsmouth wouldn't be facing another winding up petition. The fit and proper test covers whether they've been in jail if not and they prove they can run a club at that particular time then they do. End of test.

Some of the attitude of football fans on here astounds me.Is it simply you want them to go bust so Wrexham lose 3 points Luton lose 3 points York lose 2 points Southport lose 3 points while you lose 0 points. Which funnily enough would close the gap on some of those teams who are above you. And as you lost improve your goal difference while some of others GD would detoriate. Southport's would become -8 yours +19 almost as good as an extra point. And as York have played Darlo twice thats a benefit to you.

Maybe those who throw the stone in the glass house should be wary of what could happen. Even I accept that one day it may happen if our owners decide to pull out.  

We never tried to sign Robbie Fowler so how you're using that as an argument is beyond me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 222
fetish_bob
January 30, 2012, 11:33pm
Coke Drinker
So did Grimsby cheat in 2006 ?????? That was the year you came to an arrangement with HMRC to pay off you tax bill in installments. Yet in that year you made a profit  after tax of over £400,000. So why didn't you use that £400,000 to pay off your tax bill or the vast majority of it then in one big payment. Or did you use it to bring in players like Till Paterson Pulis on loan, hence keeping the money to pay their wages and technically cheating to do so, as if you had paid your tax bill then you may not have been able to bring them players in.

If your going to throw the first stone make sure your own house has always been in order. yes you paid your tax bill but you had made a profit after tax of £400k.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 222
fetish_bob
January 30, 2012, 11:36pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

We never tried to sign Robbie Fowler so how you're using that as an argument is beyond me.

I love it when a fan of a club knows nothing about their club, care to retract that.... here's the proof

http://www.independent.co.uk/s.....nterest-1043955.html

And note the quote from Fenty

Grimsby chairman John Fenty has revealed there is "a glimmer of a chance" that former England striker Robbie Fowler will join the Coca-Cola League Two club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 11:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fetish_bob

I love it when a fan of a club knows nothing about their club, care to retract that.... here's the proof

http://www.independent.co.uk/s.....nterest-1043955.html

And note the quote from Fenty

Grimsby chairman John Fenty has revealed there is "a glimmer of a chance" that former England striker Robbie Fowler will join the Coca-Cola League Two club.

In an interview on mariner's player around this time Newell was asked something along the lines of "any news on the transfer front" to which he replied "nothing...except for Robbie" and then he laughed. I would imagine this was more a publicity stunt than anything and if you seriously think otherwise and that we were about to break the bank to sign him then you're a fool.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 11:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fetish_bob
So did Grimsby cheat in 2006 ?????? That was the year you came to an arrangement with HMRC to pay off you tax bill in installments. Yet in that year you made a profit  after tax of over £400,000. So why didn't you use that £400,000 to pay off your tax bill or the vast majority of it then in one big payment. Or did you use it to bring in players like Till Paterson Pulis on loan, hence keeping the money to pay their wages and technically cheating to do so, as if you had paid your tax bill then you may not have been able to bring them players in.

If your going to throw the first stone make sure your own house has always been in order. yes you paid your tax bill but you had made a profit after tax of £400k.

How is that technically cheating? It would only be cheating if we used that money INSTEAD of paying the tax bill. Every single penny was paid back through installments as agreed with HMRC, that is not cheating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 222
ticker_1610
January 31, 2012, 12:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
Thing here has gotten out of all proportion, I enquired with the league asking them to clarify their position on loan players! Not Darlo just the possibility of any team affecting the integrity of the league by having players of a high calibre (not u19s), but older players that other teams in the league had no free access to! Fair enough what business is it of mine ? None, but I was intrigued by the loans scenario! I can't speak for what others asked or moaned about, but I can't see the harm in asking for a bit of clarity. But eh ho it gives people something to focus their anger on rather than the reality of the situation. A bit inflammatory posting about receiving a reply but eh it's caused a shhitestorm n lengthy debate.

That said, I have stated I don't care about Darlos plight, points gained or lost by teams if they fold. But that's not quite true, I would have sympathy for them
If this latest saviour has got their hopes up then it falls apart, that would be cruel n not something I would wish on any fan in this division!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 222
fetish_bob
January 31, 2012, 12:09am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

In an interview on mariner's player around this time Newell was asked something along the lines of "any news on the transfer front" to which he replied "nothing...except for Robbie" and then he laughed. I would imagine this was more a publicity stunt than anything and if you seriously think otherwise and that we were about to break the bank to sign him then you're a fool.

Your own chairman states you spoke to him via Newell so you spoke to him with a view to arranging a deal. So are you calling your chairman (and still the incumbent) a liar ????????.... If it was untrue why did Fenty allow the so called quote and not sue the newspaper who published it. Your own chairman stated there was a chance whether it a glimmer or not the club must have spoken to him. I used that as an example because someone on here used Gascoigne and Asprilla against Darlo. Just like Fowler didn't came off in your attempt to take him to Grimsby, If its good enough for your fans to use against another team then it good enough to show that you also tried to sign a big name and possibly spend way beyond your means.

You can say Newell laughed but unless you were present at the interview  and saw all around you don't know why he laughed. I will take your chairman's word that you had a glimmer of hope of signing him rather than you saying it was a joke. You could of course have just made all that up, and unless you show proof I will carry on believing whats in print from your chairman over you.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.