Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,884 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 4:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
i think, in all honesty that the punishments are not severe enough. its been said before, and will continue to be said.
otherwise, teams will not learn. what is needed is the short sharp shock treatment.

Quakers, no-one is having a go at you, the fans, its the way that its happened and the fact it has been allowed to happen for a 3rd time.

What do you mean "teams will not learn"? Is it possible for a "team" or a "club" to learn? Maybe it would be possible if a club was a conscious being aware of it's past mistakes. But it's not is, it? A club is basically whoever owns it, and ownership changes every administration, to new people who aren't interested in the past.

I've heard people say stuff like "administration should be an automatic 2 division relegation, clubs would think twice about overspending and going into administration etc" No they wouldn't. If your owner wants out, he calls in his loans and places you in administration - at that point he is no longer involved in the club, and why would the EX owner care what the punishment was? No longer his problem is it, it was a risk worth taking for him though, but meh, never worked out. The new guys are the ones punished.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 4:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Quakerz

What do you mean "teams will not learn"? Is it possible for a "team" or a "club" to learn? Maybe it would be possible if a club was a conscious being aware of it's past mistakes. But it's not is, it? A club is basically whoever owns it, and ownership changes every administration, to new people who aren't interested in the past.

I've heard people say stuff like "administration should be an automatic 2 division relegation, clubs would think twice about overspending and going into administration etc" No they wouldn't. If your owner wants out, he calls in his loans and places you in administration - at that point he is no longer involved in the club, and why would the EX owner care what the punishment was? No longer his problem is it, it was a risk worth taking for him though, but meh, never worked out. The new guys are the ones punished.  

so why dont you lot learn this time and take frigging control of the club!!!!! jeez, what do you want? a cuddle?

there should be a remit in place so that chairmen/women/boards can't overspend. i think the unfortunate posision that you are in, is having a ground that holds about 5% of the people that attend.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 222
ginnywings
January 30, 2012, 4:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Although i have some sympathy for Darlo's fans and don't particularly want to see them go under,i well remember them coming here in the 2007/8 season and tearing us a new a$$hole with players way beyond what they could afford.I also remember the Darlo fans coming on this board and taking the p1ss after that 0-4 thrashing.

Quakerz,you say that we also have players we can't affoed and maybe that is true,but you had the likes of Pawell Abbott (sp?) who were on way more than any player we had,despite your attendances being modest.That's very risky if you then fail to get promotion as you did that year.

It wasn't long after that,you were going into admin and those players were shipped out fast,but not before they were around long enough to get you safe before taking the ten point hit.

I also remember talk of signings like Gascoigne and Asprilla.It all got a bit stupid and you paid the price.

The problem seems that nothing was learned from that time but i still hope you survive somehow,if just for the true fans sake.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 222
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 4:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pontoonlew

We're preying on them like bloody vultures! They only want 2 players. They are not wanting Messi or Ronaldo for god sake. I don't see any of them laughing in our faces, i've never seen Darlington have success because of this money. In fact all i've seen is decline! It's no body elses fault but that sharp object Reynolds trying to rinse out all money he could from them. It's not affecting us them bringing in 2 players is it? It's about keeping this league competitive for all involved and if two players make it that bit easier then that's fine by me. Nobody else has complained, just a couple of our fans and everybody else in the league has an element of compassion, even Fleetwood. You'd think given our possible mess then we as fans would understand but instead we have TOTALLY embarrased ourselves on this one. There's people linking this thread on the internet now saying all sorts about our fan base. To anybody reading this, these selfish people are the minority in a support that would otherwise like to see Darlington at least see out the rest of the season.

I hope they survive but only if they follow the rules which, let's be honest they don't follow or they wouldn't be in 3rd time admin.  Be as embarrased as you like for yourself, my conscience is clear.  I feel for those who haven't been paid by Darlo they are the real victims here.

Quoted from Quakerz

You can't afford the players you have without significant financial support! Just like us! Why are you unable to see this? Only difference is our chairmen pulled the plug.

Are you kidding me. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

Here's something for you to chew on...

Apparantly Bournemouth - who have been in administration twice, have just paid 800k for Matt Tubbs from Crawley, who have been in administration twice. And you have a Grimsby fan actually taking the time to write to the conference to complain about us wanting to loan a couple of 19 year olds at no cost to ourselves.

As I previously stated our chairman has his debt tied up with the clubs assests, you didn't have and he didn't get the planning he wanted on the land around your stadium so he walked.

Bournemouth got promoted with a player transfer embargo in place and have new rich owners.  Rovrum did the same after being in admin with Le Fondre and it stinks.

Quoted from Hilly

Sorry, but who is smugly laughing?

You lot were laughing your mammaries off the 2nd time you went into admin because you did it the moment you were safe (League 2, the season beofre you went down, the crowd you had at BP when you beat us 4-0 with that very side you couldn't afford calling us excrement)

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 5:00pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Marinerz93
You lot were laughing your mammaries off the 2nd time you went into admin because you did it the moment you were safe (League 2, the season beofre you went down, the crowd you had at BP when you beat us 4-0 with that very side you couldn't afford calling us excrement)

What a load of balderdash. How could a fan of any club laugh their mammaries off at being placed into administration? It's financial suicide.

I'd like to see these posts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 5:01pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Although i have some sympathy for Darlo's fans and don't particularly want to see them go under,i well remember them coming here in the 2007/8 season and tearing us a new a$$hole with players way beyond what they could afford.I also remember the Darlo fans coming on this board and taking the p1ss after that 0-4 thrashing.

Quakerz,you say that we also have players we can't affoed and maybe that is true,but you had the likes of Pawell Abbott (sp?) who were on way more than any player we had,despite your attendances being modest.That's very risky if you then fail to get promotion as you did that year.

It wasn't long after that,you were going into admin and those players were shipped out fast,but not before they were around long enough to get you safe before taking the ten point hit.

I also remember talk of signings like Gascoigne and Asprilla.It all got a bit stupid and you paid the price.

The problem seems that nothing was learned from that time but i still hope you survive somehow,if just for the true fans sake.

Can't argue with the facts explained above but not sure how you expect "us" to have "learned" from it? Who are supposed to be the ones that "learn" exactly? The fans? Well we don't run the club so it doesn't matter what we've learned. We would like to see us sustainable however, so we can hold our heads high, and buy a stake in the club. Should the new owner (if we get one) have learned from the previous 3 owners? Well, you'd hope so wouldn't you but how can he learn from mistakes he didn't make? He might do the same all over again, gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 5:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Hilly

What a load of balderdash. How could a fan of any club laugh their mammaries off at being placed into administration? It's financial suicide.

I'd like to see these posts.

We were doing anything but laughing considering we were in the top 7 with games in hand and a very good chance of automatic promotion. I'd say everyone was gutted, rather than "laughing" that we'd escaped relegation because of points already in the bag!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 222
hazdy
January 30, 2012, 5:09pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +15
Quoted from Marinerz93

Let's be fair - it was only a handful of juveniles crowing about their win.
The same sort of attitude that is shown by those on here that have no respect for the real Darlo fans.
I don't have any particular warm feelings about Darlington but I certainly don't wish bankrupcy on them. Regardless of what we say about 3 times in admin, there has been nothing their ordinary fans could do about it. Is anyone on here pretending to themselves that they can take credit (or indeed responsibility) for the way JF has run Town?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 222
Trawler
January 30, 2012, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Quakerz

Can't argue with the facts explained above but not sure how you expect "us" to have "learned" from it? Who are supposed to be the ones that "learn" exactly? The fans? Well we don't run the club so it doesn't matter what we've learned. We would like to see us sustainable however, so we can hold our heads high, and buy a stake in the club. Should the new owner (if we get one) have learned from the previous 3 owners? Well, you'd hope so wouldn't you but how can he learn from mistakes he didn't make? He might do the same all over again, gaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fan involvement is the holy grail, probably via your Trust but it requires fans to dig deep in to their pockets and then the merde hits the fan and you have to decide what to do with the money - as your Trust found out.  I don't envy them.  Been reading your Darlo Trust website and it makes for uncomfortable reading.  Who'd be on a Trust board?  I mean Disability hate mail for chrissakes. Some so-called fans make me sick.

Respect to Mariners Trust Chris, BigChris, Wrabz et al - keep flying the flag

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 222
Stan_darlo
January 30, 2012, 5:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Marinerz93

I hope they survive but only if they follow the rules which, let's be honest they don't follow or they wouldn't be in 3rd time admin.  Be as embarrased as you like for yourself, my conscience is clear.  I feel for those who haven't been paid by Darlo they are the real victims here.

As I previously stated our chairman has his debt tied up with the clubs assests, you didn't have and he didn't get the planning he wanted on the land around your stadium so he walked.

Bournemouth got promoted with a player transfer embargo in place and have new rich owners.  Rovrum did the same after being in admin with Le Fondre and it stinks.

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin. Oh and you're bitter because our fans called you excrement after after a 4-0 win? Grow up man, any fans that have just seen their side put in a performance like we did are bound to dish out a bit of stick, its a bit different to wanting us to go bust like some of the messages on here seem to suggest!

As Quakerz has pointed out pretty much every club around nowadays is paying beyond its means, you lot included. How chairmen can keep getting away with loaning a club money before walking away whenever they feel like it leaving a club with debt they could never pay off is beyond me, and the powers that be need to start doing something to stop it from happening.

Your club has been lucky in that your chairman actually seems to care about your club. I just hope for your sake that the next one is just as good, because there will be intercourse all you can do to stop him from wrecking your club if he is not.

And as for not letting us bring in loan players? Pathetic, i hope we stuff you with a team of teenagers.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.