Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 332 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,887 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Coley Surfer
January 30, 2012, 12:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Nobody is trying to 'screw' you even more. If Darlo are saved in the next few days, you will have the stigma of the last few years following you around. I am sorry but the way your club has been run makes you a laughing stock and target to rival fans. I think it would be better if you died tomorrow, formed a new team AKA AFC Wimbledon and worked your way up the pyramid. Then you would have the respect and backing of all true football fans. I would make a donation for a new club, but would not to save what you have now, which is less than nothing!

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Town fan. GTFC owed HMRC £750K yet we still bought and loaned players. The debt was paid in installments, all the while the club was racking up other debts. We haven't paid our debts they just haven't been called in yet.

What happens next? another team is scuppered by the dealings of former chairmen etc. and we are squealing for them to be liquidated because there might be some points advantage in it for us.

Pheonix clubs are not an option, the circumstances behind the formation of AFC Wimbledon are unique. Ask yourself if you would support AFC Grimsby or even Grimsby Borough if Town were liquidated because Fenty called in his loans. Its not the same club, could your feelings ever be the same.

Good luck Quakerz, I for one hope Darlo survive.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

its a case of the boy that cried wolf my friend.
once you can sort of have a tad of sympathy with
twice is very unfortunate
three, your taking the pi55

how would you HONESTLY feel if it had been hartleppol it had happened to? or if it had happened at boro  twice more since 1986?
yes, football fans do (and should) STICK TOGETHER. but, there is a limit to the amount of neglect that can happen.
are you telling me that your chairman didnt realise he was spending more than was coming in?? i dont think so, if that is the case, i suggest he starts playing champ manager.

Three times, three different owners though, it is not "the club" that keeps on doing this. "The club" is not a sentient being that keeps on making the same mistake over and over, it is different owners all thinking they can make money, realising they can't, then fooking off.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Sometimes I'm ashamed to be a Town fan. GTFC owed HMRC £750K yet we still bought and loaned players. The debt was paid in installments, all the while the club was racking up other debts. We haven't paid our debts they just haven't been called in yet.

What happens next? another team is scuppered by the dealings of former chairmen etc. and we are squealing for them to be liquidated because there might be some points advantage in it for us.

Pheonix clubs are not an option, the circumstances behind the formation of AFC Wimbledon are unique. Ask yourself if you would support AFC Grimsby or even Grimsby Borough if Town were liquidated because Fenty called in his loans. Its not the same club, could your feelings ever be the same.

Good luck Quakerz, I for one hope Darlo survive.

I'm not asking for sympathy for Darlo, and yes 3 times in admin is laughable, but ALL Grimsby fans should read and absorb Coley's post. Read and absorb it, and realise.

To those that have tried to "grass us up" I have nothing but utter contempt. What goes around comes around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Quakerz

Three times, three different owners though, it is not "the club" that keeps on doing this. "The club" is not a sentient being that keeps on making the same mistake over and over, it is different owners all thinking they can make money, realising they can't, then fooking off.

oh, that makes it ok then. sorry, please have your 10 points back!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 222
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 12:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Quakerz

You've got a side you can't afford either, or has that escaped your notice? Only difference is Fenty didn't slam you in administration like Singh did and ask for £1.8m "in loans" back.

I'm all for fair competition and living within means but none of you when criticising Darlo living beyond our means (which to be fair we have done) are looking at yourselves. You could easily have ended up in our situation. Luckily your backers have cared about your club and done everything to cover YOUR losses.

What was it, 900k last year?

FFS.

I felt sorry for Darlo the first time they went into admin, the second time really annoyed me because we all heard how you laughed at the points deductions when you were safe.  So excuse me for not giving two craps about how you went into admin for a 3rd time.

You want a hardship story you should have been a Town fan for the last decade, ITV going balls up and the FA shrugging their shoulders.  We were promised a set amount and when they didn't come forward we were left with Championship wages, the players got paid but the taxman didn't.  We agreed to pay that back over an agreed time and what was left cost us with the quality of players and managers we could afford.  We paid the taxman back, every penny and the only debt we have is to JF.

Our debt has been run up by the Chairman who has saddled the club with his hiring and firing of a manager a season every season for the last 5 seasons and paying off crap players.  He has tied up the clubs assets with that benign debt so if our club was to go bang he'd get something back.  We owe to one man not the same as yourselves with countless people now out of pocket FFS  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
ok, show me a club that runs at profit without the aid of financial backing????

I rest my fooking case.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 222
Trawler
January 30, 2012, 12:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Coley Surfer

But why did we owe it - I forget the history but wasn't the source of that money problem that we were more adversely affected by the collapse of ITV Digital than most other clubs because we so heavily relied on that TV income we had already spent what never got paid?  Hardly malign debt. (Forgive me if that's factually incorrect - can't be bothered to research the archives.) Where HMRC is concerned I thought they usually negotiate on things like this - and allow a business to run.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 12:50pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

I felt sorry for Darlo the first time they went into admin, the second time really annoyed me because we all heard how you laughed at the points deductions when you were safe.  So excuse me for not giving two craps about how you went into admin for a 3rd time.

You want a hardship story you should have been a Town fan for the last decade, ITV going balls up and the FA shrugging their shoulders.  We were promised a set amount and when they didn't come forward we were left with Championship wages, the players got paid but the taxman didn't.  We agreed to pay that back over an agreed time and what was left cost us with the quality of players and managers we could afford.  We paid the taxman back, every penny and the only debt we have is to JF.

Our debt has been run up by the Chairman who has saddled the club with his hiring and firing of a manager a season every season for the last 5 seasons and paying off crap players.  He has tied up the clubs assets with that benign debt so if our club was to go bang he'd get something back.  We owe to one man not the same as yourselves with countless people now out of pocket FFS  

The only creditors we have is the ex chairman, and players who weren't paid in December. All the other bills were paid and nobody else is out of pocket. To exit administration we have to pay all creditors 100% if we want to be in the BSP next year. If Singh had in fact paid the December wages then we would also only have one creditor.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
exactly trawler, we have paid back the HMRC debt and possibly suffered for it by not having the finance's available to go out and by ronaldo and kaka! or the league 2/conference equivalent.

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quakerz

The only creditors we have is the ex chairman, and players who weren't paid in December. All the other bills were paid and nobody else is out of pocket. To exit administration we have to pay all creditors 100% if we want to be in the BSP next year. If Singh had in fact paid the December wages then we would also only have one creditor.

has the b&b landlady been paid then?

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.