Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 327 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,769 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 6:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Stan_darlo

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin. Oh and you're bitter because our fans called you excrement after after a 4-0 win? Grow up man, any fans that have just seen their side put in a performance like we did are bound to dish out a bit of stick, its a bit different to wanting us to go bust like some of the messages on here seem to suggest!

As Quakerz has pointed out pretty much every club around nowadays is paying beyond its means, you lot included. How chairmen can keep getting away with loaning a club money before walking away whenever they feel like it leaving a club with debt they could never pay off is beyond me, and the powers that be need to start doing something to stop it from happening.

Your club has been lucky in that your chairman actually seems to care about your club. I just hope for your sake that the next one is just as good, because there will be intercourse all you can do to stop him from wrecking your club if he is not.

And as for not letting us bring in loan players? Pathetic, i hope we stuff you with a team of teenagers.  

I'm not on about just your fans gloating at winning 4-0 and all your other victory's with a side you couldn't afford but your message board which I read at the time of you going into admin.  I've been to plenty of games when we have been beaten comprehensively by a team but the difference is it was by a team that club could afford.  I can give and take banter but what I find disgusting is the constant flouting of the rules.  

If you beat us with a side if teenagers then good on you for playing by the rules and it will be deserved as long as you can afford it.  I'm hoping though we put past you a club record because cheats deserve to be punished, -10 points is a joke for 3rd time in admin.

There was only 2-3 people who actually wanted you to go bust so that's hardly a brush to tar us all with.  I hope you do survive but only by the skin of your teeth so you can actually savour how crap watching the players you can only just afford toss it off.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 6:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from RoboCod

Which came about because you were signing more and more players on stupid money while ignoring your mounting bills.  Come back here and have a go at us when we've gone into admin once. Then twice. Perhaps we could wipe the debts a third time too.

There is no way we will get away with "wiping the debts" this time, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 6:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'm not on about just your fans gloating at winning 4-0 and all your other victory's with a side you couldn't afford but your message board which I read at the time of you going into admin.  I've been to plenty of games when we have been beaten comprehensively by a team but the difference is it was by a team that club could afford.  I can give and take banter but what I find disgusting is the constant flouting of the rules.  

If you beat us with a side if teenagers then good on you for playing by the rules and it will be deserved as long as you can afford it.  I'm hoping though we put past you a club record because cheats deserve to be punished, -10 points is a joke for 3rd time in admin.

There was only 2-3 people who actually wanted you to go bust so that's hardly a brush to tar us all with.  I hope you do survive but only by the skin of your teeth so you can actually savour how crap watching the players you can only just afford toss it off.

You're still not getting the "afford it" bit are you? Can you afford your squad?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 222
DJ Mera
January 30, 2012, 6:21pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1
Quoted from Quakerz

There is no way we will get away with "wiping the debts" this time, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that.

Quakerz I am hoping somehow DFC can get out of this mess but did you read this article http://www.sabotagetimes.com/f.....nto-obscurity-began/ ?. I know it concerns Reynolds but it seems to me that the mindset of your club as been the same since ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Stan_darlo

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough, and tbh even if we did know there was intercourse all we could have done about it.
Like I said, you've been lucky in that you have a chairman who cares about your club and is willing to keep pumping money in to fund your 900k per year debt. I wasn't so much having a go at you as I was football in general, all clubs are doing it and the situation will get worse unless someone does something about it. I'm not proud of the fact we've been in admin 3 times but in my opinion if circumstances had been different it could have been you in our position.

We have some financial problems, yes, but they have really been compounded by the fact that we have dropped out of the league, an event which came about partly because we didn't abuse the system and clear our debts. John Fenty has got LOTS of things wrong at the club but as a businessman he knows exactly what administration is about and has done all he can to avoid it, something I admire while at the same time *almost* wondering if we have been a little naive not to abuse the system as it  has so obviously resulted in some clubs coming up smelling of roses.  I'm pretty confident we'd have regrouped and NOT needed two more spells of admin though.
To me, some Darlo fans seem to miss the point completely, you are lucky to still be running, you are in one almighty and horrific mess and the consequences of that MUST be that as a club you have to struggle to put out a team on matchdays. Administration in the real world is all about cutting an almost out of business company to the bone, not taking on more staff, and fans simply want to see the football bosses empower those rules. Nothing personal or ant-Darlo from me, I assure you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 6:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quakerz

Are you pleased with that? It's your problem, not mine.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.

And in turn they hope Fenty walks, we go bust blah blah so really they're no better.
So now, on the basis of about FIVE darlo fans wishing ill on us it just leaves me to join the bandwagon and hoping they go bust before we have a chance of going bust and so on.....how tiresome.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 222
ginnywings
January 30, 2012, 6:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
The problem for every team in every division is fan expectation.Fans want wins and wins come with better,more expensive players in the team.It's a gamble and some teams win,but most lose.

Just about every team in the land is in debt to somebody.The question is whether that debt is managed or unsustainable.Our debt is to one man,who is a fan and has said the debts are benign but as most Chairman,he is gambling that success on the pitch brings in the revenue to cover those debts eventually.Namely league and TV money that comes with promotions,plus bigger attendances etc.If you happen to have a good cup run along the way or develop and sell on some players,then all well and good.Scunny are struggling on the pitch and crowd numbers are down,but they have banked plenty from the sales of players like Hooper.

Even Man United would go t1ts up if the banks called in their loans.

How teams like Hayes and Yeading even compete on gates of less than 500 is a mystery and there are plenty of others in the same boat.

The obvious answer is for the football league to strictly enforce their own rules on what percentage of income is spent on the playing staff.I'm still baffled how teams with a few hundred fans mange to pay players at all without flagrantly breaking the rules.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 222
Helgy
January 30, 2012, 6:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
3 times in admin, no lesson learned, no sympathy for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.