Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 267 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,777 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
nelly_gtfc
January 30, 2012, 5:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from Stan_darlo
As Quakerz has pointed out pretty much every club around nowadays is paying beyond its means, you lot included. How chairmen can keep getting away with loaning a club money before walking away whenever they feel like it leaving a club with debt they could never pay off is beyond me, and the powers that be need to start doing something to stop it from happening.

Your club has been lucky in that your chairman actually seems to care about your club. I just hope for your sake that the next one is just as good, because there will be intercourse all you can do to stop him from wrecking your club if he is not.
Totally agree with you for what it's worth, their needs to be some ruling put in place by the FA, losing 900k within a year is ridiculous and is totally bad practice.

If people are going to put money into a club, ask any chairman why they are loans - because they will eventually want this money back one year or another.  What happens when that person passes away - the relatives pull the plug?
Reply: 70 - 222
Super Clive
January 30, 2012, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
I also got a reply...... Surprised I did tbh as my messages where quick typos on my mobile with an aggressive manner..

Although the reply is word for word the same as tickers and the other dude on the first page.
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 5:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,720
Gold Stars: 163
I'm going to back-track slightly. I was sticking up for Darlington but they have just signed ADAM BOYD from Hartlepool on loan, a league 1 class striker. I think there should be some rules preventing loan signings of that magnitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 222
DJ Mera
January 30, 2012, 5:53pm
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +18 / 0
Approval: +1
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I too got a reply from the conference, as follows......

But Darlington believe they are going to be allowed loan players.......

Will be interesting to see what happens?

You been reading my emails lol <grin> - They (The BSP) must have a standard reply because they said exactly the same thing to me

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Stan_darlo

We were on course for automatic promotion when we went into admin.

Which came about because you were signing more and more players on stupid money while ignoring your mounting bills.  Come back here and have a go at us when we've gone into admin once. Then twice. Perhaps we could wipe the debts a third time too.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 5:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from pontoonlew
I'm going to back-track slightly. I was sticking up for Darlington but they have just signed ADAM BOYD from Hartlepool on loan, a league 1 class striker. I think there should be some rules preventing loan signings of that magnitude.

Have we shite signed Adam Boyd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 6:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,720
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Quakerz

Have we shite signed Adam Boyd.

One of your fans has just claimed that to be the case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 222
Stan_darlo
January 30, 2012, 6:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from RoboCod

Which came about because you were signing more and more players on stupid money while ignoring your mounting bills.  Come back here and have a go at us when we've gone into admin once. Then twice. Perhaps we could wipe the debts a third time too.

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough, and tbh even if we did know there was intercourse all we could have done about it.
Like I said, you've been lucky in that you have a chairman who cares about your club and is willing to keep pumping money in to fund your 900k per year debt. I wasn't so much having a go at you as I was football in general, all clubs are doing it and the situation will get worse unless someone does something about it. I'm not proud of the fact we've been in admin 3 times but in my opinion if circumstances had been different it could have been you in our position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 6:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
No, he claimed it as a rumour, on a rumour thread. Big difference Lew.

Also, the lad is 14, and as we all know, 14 year olds believe owt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 222
headingly_mariner
January 30, 2012, 6:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Stan_darlo

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough, and tbh even if we did know there was intercourse all we could have done about it.
Like I said, you've been lucky in that you have a chairman who cares about your club and is willing to keep pumping money in to fund your 900k per year debt. I wasn't so much having a go at you as I was football in general, all clubs are doing it and the situation will get worse unless someone does something about it. I'm not proud of the fact we've been in admin 3 times but in my opinion if circumstances had been different it could have been you in our position.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.