Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 344 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,776 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 11:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Helgy
3 times in admin, no lesson learned, no sympathy for them.

I'll keep on saying this but who is supposed to be learning a lesson exactly?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 170 - 222
Marinerz93
January 31, 2012, 11:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from fetish_bob

Your still missing the point. Someone used Reynolds attempts to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla (2002 by the way) as Darlo spending beyond their means. Now although Reynolds paraded Asprilla at Feethams whose to say he wasn't doing what you claim Fenty did with Fowler, attracting publicity for his club. They had coverage on Sky(if my memory right they even interviewed Reynolds and Asprilla outside Reynolds home) now no one knows what Asprilla was offered he could have been offered 2 boxes of fish and a few hundred quid a week. Reynolds knows he's going to reject that but has got the publicity so if fans can use that to say Darlo were spending beyond their means then others can use what your your club has done in the same way. You cannot say 100% that it was a publicity stunt, did Fowler ever deny it ?????? granted I don't believe everything I read in a newspaper either and if your chairman wasn't quoted in that article I would not have used it, but your OFFICIAL CLUB LINE was there was a chance. So once more is your chairman a liar ??????????? No politicians answer.

Folwer was a golfing buddy of Neweel, someone on the fishy saw them and came up with a thread saying we were signing him as a player coach.  Neweel may have had a chat over a game off golf but nothing offical came of it.  Even Neweel saw the funny side of it and it's a whole different kettle of fish to what Reytnolds did.

We haven't gone into admin, our previous chairman had no money, we have paid all our debts and what we owe to JF is covered by our assets.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 171 - 222
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 11:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
No s**t Quakerz, you are hard work. What's this on your board..

"What grated my gears was a comment "you beat us with players you could not afford" - but technically they can't afford their players without a benefactor."

We HAVE a benefactor! John Fenty, benign loans, wages paid every week, yes things are tight but we haven't owed local businesses anything while spending the money we owed them. None of these things can be applied to you.

Do NOT compare the two situations. We would sell Hearn before we considered Admin or anything serious while you continued spending.

We didn't, we started desperately offloading players two months before administration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 172 - 222
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 12:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from ticker_1610
It can be discussed each n everyway til the cows come home, however Adam Boyes for free, is in my opinion taking it too far! In effect instead of paying too much for players that are way above their station they now get one that's above their current level for nowt! Fortunately it is only one player of that age and caliber. It will be interesting if when we play them n he scored the winner if some of our fans change their opinions on the fairness of it all? To be honest I'm bored with everything about the Darlo situation and I'm focussing on our team doing the business against whomever we face! UTM.

Adam Boyd not Boyes. Also, I'm 99% certain that rumour is BS. There is NO WAY we'd get away with signing him in administration, but if we come out of administration, the embargo is lifted and we sign him with Pools picking up his wages, then that is fair, and good luck for us. We'd have 7 experienced players then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 173 - 222
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 12:10pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93
Typical Darlo fans no nothing about honour, not only are they happy about being in admin for the 3rd time but they are even having a go at some women at her place of work just because she is from Grimsby, apparently she has been getting grief on her facebook as well because of what one Town fan has done.

I look forward to the Darlo version of pontoonlew who can't grovel enough to come on here and apologize on behalf of Darlington fans for abusing innocent women at work.

(I don't want Darlo to go bust, just struggle like they deserve after cheating the league 3 times in 9 years    )

None of us are happy we've gone into administration for a third time and no evidence has been presented of any Grimsby woman being abused by any Darlo fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 174 - 222
Marinerz93
January 31, 2012, 12:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quakerz

Adam Boyd not Boyes. Also, I'm 99% certain that rumour is BS. There is NO WAY we'd get away with signing him in administration, but if we come out of administration, the embargo is lifted and we sign him with Pools picking up his wages, then that is fair, and good luck for us. We'd have 7 experienced players then.

I see there are no appologies coming forward from Darlington fans for verbally abusing a woman at work just because she comes from Grimsby.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 175 - 222
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 12:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
But we don't have a transfer embargo. I know it's complicated and each case needs to be judged on its own merits but I can see how navigating around an embargo by getting 'free' players will cause huge problems in later cases.

An embargo is SURELY ONLY to stop said team from SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY, it's surely not about making sure the team is systematically weakened to the point of whipping boys in some bizarre punishment ritual. If a club gets a couple of free loans it is not spending any more money.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 176 - 222
Marinerz93
January 31, 2012, 12:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Quakerz

An embargo is SURELY ONLY to stop said team from SPENDING ANY MORE MONEY, it's surely not about making sure the team is systematically weakened to the point of whipping boys in some bizarre punishment ritual. If a club gets a couple of free loans it is not spending any more money.

It will be a new experience for you, getting whipped that is.  You see we had over 5 seasons of that because we were paying our debts whilst trying to compete with sides who just popped into admin when it suited them.  Watching players going through the motions or simply not being good enough was what a lot of our younger fans have had to stomach.  It effects the gates and morale, maybe when you have savoured this you will apprieciate were a lot of our frustrations have come from.

Private Message
Reply: 177 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 31, 2012, 12:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Quakerz

First sensible rational thing you have said.

Now please concentrate on saving your club now, bye.....

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 178 - 222
Quakerz
January 31, 2012, 12:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from pontoonlew
The first part of that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. They had a chairman in place to cover the debt, just like we do and just like 90 percent of the clubs in the football ladder, are we cheats too then?

Exactly. We weren't "cheating", we were living "within the means available to us" like Grimsby. Then that funding got pulled.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 179 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.