Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 375 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,774 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from GTFCNiles
I thought you where blocked from making loan signins as part of your administration?

Think that's the whole argument mate, should they stick by it or allow them to be able to field 11 players and make it fair for not just them but the teams they play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 9:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
They did well v York with their makeshift team and all respect to their youth players! If as you say Adam Boyes has agreed to go on loan and I presume it's free with Hartlepool picking up his not insignificant wages (presumed), this seems a bit unfair to have a player of his experience n calibre playing. However Darlo wouldn't be allowed to build up debt whilst still in admin? I could understand them being allowed an U19 player as it usually means a player can be slightly older than that n still be in the age category. We have several young players in our matchday squad week in week out and they have been outstanding for us! But a player of Boyds ability for free No!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 222
davmariner
January 30, 2012, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from 1054

Who Are you? Some kind of internet referee? It is no great surprise darlo fans are upset with some on here offering little sympathy. . . darlo have cheated x3.  quakerz argument about us not being sustainable without a benefactor is a complete red herring. . . every club top to bottom makes a loss (abramovich/chelsea for eg) what darlo have done is fall foul of civil legal proceedings ( we haven't) they have had multiple wide-boy chairman fooling them that they are gonna make the big time wuth a massive stadium etc (we haven't)  they have been able to "afford" pricey looking players (we haven't)

I think the 10 point penalty is a joke. . . They have cheated. . . simple as!  Football is all about sentiment and whilst i feel fir the darlo fans. .   it's gone too far and they need to fold for the integrity of the league. .  

i think there is a useful analogy between this and the European economic crisis. . . the bsp need to get rid of darlo just like the eu need to fet rid of greece
greece can afford to never pay taxes

Great post - could not have summed it up better myself!

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 9:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
My enquiry to the league about fairness to other struggling clubs, was not and I repeat was not about 19 year olds signing on loan. It was based on the older pro's they were after. I still dont think any loan players for free is fair tho on other clubs who pay their way and can't afford to bring loan players in to help them out. Barrow only had 4 subs named and one was meant to be their 40 year old manager, when they played us, he was quoted as saying I would love to bring in another loan player but we can't afford one!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 222
supertown
January 30, 2012, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
The most embarrassing aspect of this are all the Grimsby fans that have registered on the Darlo forum to apologize on behalf of others. Personally I couldnt care less about Darlo but if Kettering go under I sure as hell hope Darlo do too otherwise our playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. I would prefer everyone to survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 222
voice of reason
January 30, 2012, 9:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ticker_1610
My enquiry to the league about fairness to other struggling clubs, was not and I repeat was not about 19 year olds signing on loan. It was based on the older pro's they were after. I still dont think any loan players for free is fair tho on other clubs who pay their way and can't afford to bring loan players in to help them out. Barrow only had 4 subs named and one was meant to be their 40 year old manager, when they played us, he was quoted as saying I would love to bring in another loan player but we can't afford one!

If they can get players for free why does that have anything to do with anyone else...? Surely that is about them using their contacts in the game isn't it...?

The fairness argument can be twisted anyway you want it too, can't it...?

Is it fair on the teams who played Darlo when they had a full strength team that their next opponents will face them with a weakened team...?

Is it fair that despite some teams having already taken 6 points off Darlo, that they will effectively lose them points if Darlo go bust...?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 222
ska face
January 30, 2012, 9:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,342
Gold Stars: 824
You'll have to forgive me as I've not really been following this whole sorry charade, but let me get this straight:

There are town fans that have actually e-mailed The Conference asking them to stop Darlo loaning players in because it's just not fair?

Seriously?

oooh me sides!

How embarassing is that? Have some people no shame? As if anyone at The Conference gives a monkey's girl private what a bunch of Grimsby fans think?

This thread has made me ashamed to be a town fan.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 9:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
It can be discussed each n everyway til the cows come home, however Adam Boyes for free, is in my opinion taking it too far! In effect instead of paying too much for players that are way above their station they now get one that's above their current level for nowt! Fortunately it is only one player of that age and caliber. It will be interesting if when we play them n he scored the winner if some of our fans change their opinions on the fairness of it all? To be honest I'm bored with everything about the Darlo situation and I'm focussing on our team doing the business against whomever we face! UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 222
voice of reason
January 30, 2012, 9:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from ska face
You'll have to forgive me as I've not really been following this whole sorry charade, but let me get this straight:

There are town fans that have actually e-mailed The Conference asking them to stop Darlo loaning players in because it's just not fair?

Seriously?

oooh me sides!

How embarassing is that? Have some people no shame? As if anyone at The Conference gives a monkey's girl private what a bunch of Grimsby fans think?

This thread has made me ashamed to be a town fan.

Yep we have some saddos but no need to feel ashamed, we also have some self appointed diplomats trying to broker some sort of pace treaty as we speak...  

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from ticker_1610
It can be discussed each n everyway til the cows come home, however Adam Boyes for free, is in my opinion taking it too far! In effect instead of paying too much for players that are way above their station they now get one that's above their current level for nowt! Fortunately it is only one player of that age and caliber. It will be interesting if when we play them n he scored the winner if some of our fans change their opinions on the fairness of it all? To be honest I'm bored with everything about the Darlo situation and I'm focussing on our team doing the business against whomever we face! UTM.

Why would Boyes go from Barrow to Darlo for nothing?

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.