Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 295 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,888 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
January 31, 2012, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Hilly

We did. He just decided that enough was enough, which unfortunately might come to yourselves one day. Also, Raj Singh did not gamble other peoples money.

So he didn't have enough to cover? Let me quote Stan_Darlo from earlier in this thread..

You're right, Houghton was pumping money we did't have into the club and we had some brilliant players. Little did we know he all the money he was spending was a loan that he decided to recall when he'd had enough

A loan? Of a finite amount? That is NOT cover for wreckless spending. And IF Fenty ever decides to pull out he still will not have the fact that he was spending money owed to small businesses on more players hanging over his head, nor the fact that his players went unpaid. Bored of repeating this now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 222
Marinerz93
January 31, 2012, 10:28am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Hilly

We did. He just decided that enough was enough, which unfortunately might come to yourselves one day. Also, Raj Singh did not gamble other peoples money.

What was your chairmans interest in the land around the ground?

You cheated players out of wages.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 31, 2012, 10:41am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
If Paul Wildes puts £300,00 up to buy Darlington today, have the Darlington FC Rescue Group got the £200,000 they need to put in?

Anybody know?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 222
psgmariner
January 31, 2012, 10:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
If Paul Wildes puts £300,00 up to buy Darlington today, have the Darlington FC Rescue Group got the £200,000 they need to put in?

Anybody know?

He has said he doesn't need the £200k from the fans straightaway.

Private Message
Reply: 163 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 31, 2012, 10:51am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from psgmariner

He has said he doesn't need the £200k from the fans straightaway.

It gets more complicated every day. The administrator said he needed to see at least £500,000 to let the club continue, Wilds has offered £300,00 (Which he must prove he has) so do the 'Rescue Group' have to prove they have £200,000 or will Wildes have to put it up initially?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 222
pontoonlew
January 31, 2012, 11:00am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,997
Gold Stars: 171
This guy has had EIGHTEEN companies liquidated!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 222
fetish_bob
January 31, 2012, 11:01am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Quoted from mariner91

All you have to do is go on the twit of the week thread, somebody on this very website started that rumour as a joke. This soon spread and for Fenty it was a chance for a bit of media exposure for the club at a time when the playing side of things weren't going well and the club needed a bit of interest for something. And I wouldn't believe everything you read in print or everything people in football say.

Your still missing the point. Someone used Reynolds attempts to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla (2002 by the way) as Darlo spending beyond their means. Now although Reynolds paraded Asprilla at Feethams whose to say he wasn't doing what you claim Fenty did with Fowler, attracting publicity for his club. They had coverage on Sky(if my memory right they even interviewed Reynolds and Asprilla outside Reynolds home) now no one knows what Asprilla was offered he could have been offered 2 boxes of fish and a few hundred quid a week. Reynolds knows he's going to reject that but has got the publicity so if fans can use that to say Darlo were spending beyond their means then others can use what your your club has done in the same way. You cannot say 100% that it was a publicity stunt, did Fowler ever deny it ?????? granted I don't believe everything I read in a newspaper either and if your chairman wasn't quoted in that article I would not have used it, but your OFFICIAL CLUB LINE was there was a chance. So once more is your chairman a liar ??????????? No politicians answer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 31, 2012, 11:09am

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from fetish_bob

Your still missing the point. Someone used Reynolds attempts to sign Gascoigne and Asprilla (2002 by the way) as Darlo spending beyond their means. Now although Reynolds paraded Asprilla at Feethams whose to say he wasn't doing what you claim Fenty did with Fowler, attracting publicity for his club. They had coverage on Sky(if my memory right they even interviewed Reynolds and Asprilla outside Reynolds home) now no one knows what Asprilla was offered he could have been offered 2 boxes of fish and a few hundred quid a week. Reynolds knows he's going to reject that but has got the publicity so if fans can use that to say Darlo were spending beyond their means then others can use what your your club has done in the same way. You cannot say 100% that it was a publicity stunt, did Fowler ever deny it ?????? granted I don't believe everything I read in a newspaper either and if your chairman wasn't quoted in that article I would not have used it, but your OFFICIAL CLUB LINE was there was a chance. So once more is your chairman a liar ??????????? No politicians answer.

Can't you just drop it .......... Suggest you direct your effort to saving your club and not twisting things round rightly or wrongly!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 222
RoboCod
January 31, 2012, 11:12am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
There's a big difference between parading a player at the ground and an Internet rumour mate. Newell was friends with Fowler, Newell was drunk half the time, he probably thought he had signed him at times.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 222
mariner91
January 31, 2012, 11:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from fetish_bob

Well I'm not saying Fenty is a liar but all I will say is that if he ever gives the manager a vote of confidence the manager should start updating his CV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.