Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 220 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,857 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
January 30, 2012, 12:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

has the b&b landlady been paid then?

Mark Cooper is a creditor I believe.

Private Message
Reply: 40 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 30, 2012, 12:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Pheonix clubs are not an option, the circumstances behind the formation of AFC Wimbledon are unique. Ask yourself if you would support AFC Grimsby or even Grimsby Borough if Town were liquidated because Fenty called in his loans. Its not the same club, could your feelings ever be the same.

Good luck Quakerz, I for one hope Darlo survive.

All right then, Accy Stanley, Barrow AFC, Newport County and so on are better examples.

It sounds like the likely outcome will be another owner with plans to carry on the same and try and make money out of your stadium, which I am sorry to say will not work. He will get fed up in 18 months or so and pull the plug.
The proposal to move to a ‘Community Stadium’ and sell develops your current ‘White Elephant’ I believe is your only way forward if you are to carry on. But your Council will not play ball!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 222
Coley Surfer
January 30, 2012, 12:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Marinerz93

I felt sorry for Darlo the first time they went into admin, the second time really annoyed me because we all heard how you laughed at the points deductions when you were safe.  So excuse me for not giving two craps about how you went into admin for a 3rd time.

You want a hardship story you should have been a Town fan for the last decade, ITV going balls up and the FA shrugging their shoulders.  We were promised a set amount and when they didn't come forward we were left with Championship wages, the players got paid but the taxman didn't.  We agreed to pay that back over an agreed time and what was left cost us with the quality of players and managers we could afford.  We paid the taxman back, every penny and the only debt we have is to JF.

Our debt has been run up by the Chairman who has saddled the club with his hiring and firing of a manager a season every season for the last 5 seasons and paying off crap players.  He has tied up the clubs assets with that benign debt so if our club was to go bang he'd get something back.  We owe to one man not the same as yourselves with countless people now out of pocket FFS  

Does it matter that we only owe to one person and not lots? If Fenty were to demand his money back tomorrow we'd be in a far worse state than Darlo. ITV Digitals collapse didn't just affect us, it affected every league club including Darlo.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 222
Coley Surfer
January 30, 2012, 1:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Quoted from Trawler

But why did we owe it - I forget the history but wasn't the source of that money problem that we were more adversely affected by the collapse of ITV Digital than most other clubs because we so heavily relied on that TV income we had already spent what never got paid?  Hardly malign debt. (Forgive me if that's factually incorrect - can't be bothered to research the archives.) Where HMRC is concerned I thought they usually negotiate on things like this - and allow a business to run.

Shock Horror you mean we spent money we didn't have? We should have been liquidated. surely. Good job we didn't try to loan any players eh? We paid for players we couldn't afford, simple as, now another team tries to do it and we cry foul.

So here I am once more in the playground of the broken hearts
One more experience, one more entry in a diary, self-penned
Yet another emotional suicide overdosed on sentiment and pride
Too late to say I love you, too late to re-stage the play
Abandoning the relics in my playground of yesterday
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 1:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

All right then, Accy Stanley, Barrow AFC, Newport County and so on are better examples.

It sounds like the likely outcome will be another owner with plans to carry on the same and try and make money out of your stadium, which I am sorry to say will not work. He will get fed up in 18 months or so and pull the plug.
The proposal to move to a ‘Community Stadium’ and sell develops your current ‘White Elephant’ I believe is your only way forward if you are to carry on. But your Council will not play ball!

also, and poss the best example is aldershot

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 222
Trawler
January 30, 2012, 1:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Coley Surfer

Shock Horror you mean we spent money we didn't have? We should have been liquidated. surely. Good job we didn't try to loan any players eh? We paid for players we couldn't afford, simple as, now another team tries to do it and we cry foul.

No I don't think we should have been liquidated.  We spent money that we were banking on and that in theory was contractually owed to us (although do I recall the League muppets never got the contract signed?) - The ITV Digital collapse and what happened to clubs like us was morally bankrupt - in those circumstances HMRC and other creditors are going to be sympathetic. Okay so you can argue about our imprudent spending - but who'd a thought an ITV project would go mammaries up. Nobody. I don't think we should be ashamed of spending during that debt crisis.

Arguably that debt has plagued us ever since and Fenty still hasn't rolled us in to admin.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 1:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Because he didn't want to.

You lost 900k in the last accounting period, that cannot be all down to ITV digital.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 30, 2012, 1:31pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,178
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Quakerz
Because he didn't want to.

You lost 900k in the last accounting period, that cannot be all down to ITV digital.

Yes, but it was budgeted for (Mr Fenty had agreed the figure at the start of the season and said he would fund it), your Chairman did not budget for your debts or promised to fund them! Just pulled the plug!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 222
cleefish
January 30, 2012, 1:35pm
L:incoln
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / -4
Approval: +6
Quoted from Quakerz

Kettering have been able to bring in a couple of players because unlike us they didn't register their youth team.

Our squad on Saturday contained ten teenagers. If you compare the Kettering line up to the Darlington line up, theirs is vastly more experienced. We have effectively been punished because we registered our youth players in order to fulfil our fixtures, something that Kettering haven't done.

Also if Grimsby have racked up "huge debts" who are these debts owed to and why haven't they been called in? Grimsby fans cannot complain if you are spending more than you earn.

Lastly, what do you lads hope to gain by trying to screw us even more? We beat you, and if we get weaker and weaker we are more likely to get hammered more and more by other teams which is hardly playing to your advantage.

i SEE YOUUR BACK ON YOUR SOAP BOX AGAIN    YOUR CLUB DESERVE ALL THEY GET) you are a load of cheating buggers once yes but 3 time no!!!  and don't worry about GTFC going bust we are well covered and have a top sqaud who want to play for thee club not escape at the first oppertuaty.UTMM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 1:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Yes, but it was budgeted for (Mr Fenty had agreed the figure at the start of the season and said he would fund it), your Chairman did not budget for your debts or promised to fund them! Just pulled the plug!

I'm fully aware of that.

You are not ran within your "real" means like we aren't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.