Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 293 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,889 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 1:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
This thread makes me a little ashamed of our fans. I thought we were bigger than that and would get on with things and support all our peer clubs. Totally embarrassed of anybody who's felt the need to complain.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 1:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from cleefish

i SEE YOUUR BACK ON YOUR SOAP BOX AGAIN    YOUR CLUB DESERVE ALL THEY GET) you are a load of cheating buggers once yes but 3 time no!!!  and don't worry about GTFC going bust we are well covered and have a top sqaud who want to play for thee club not escape at the first oppertuaty.UTMM.

Patience. Your time will come (unfortunately).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 222
Grantham_Mariner
January 30, 2012, 1:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from Quakerz

I'm fully aware of that.

You are not ran within your "real" means like we aren't.

So what are your views on the likes of Fleetwood & Crawley and the majority of the Premier League. There are probably more team being 'bank rolled' out there than ones that are not.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 2:37pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

So what are your views on the likes of Fleetwood & Crawley and the majority of the Premier League. There are probably more team being 'bank rolled' out there than ones that are not.

My view is that Fleetwood and Crawley are plastic, made up, excrement clubs. They are massively bankrolled so they can blow anybody out of the water. Then send 70 fans to Darlo to watch their multi million team. It isn't fair is it? This is not like at other clubs where directors put in x amount to keep the club competetive, like at Grimsby and Darlo, this is spend what it takes to win.

TBH I don't have a problem with yourselves relying on directors/chairmen to prop you up, my point is you shouldn't criticise other clubs from that position.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 222
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 4:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pontoonlew
This thread makes me a little ashamed of our fans. I thought we were bigger than that and would get on with things and support all our peer clubs. Totally embarrassed of anybody who's felt the need to complain.

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.  It's lilly livered sym pathetic fools who bend over time and time again that have made the football pryamid in this country the joke it is now.  Any club going into admin for the first time have my sympathy after that it just takes the urine.  urine that people like you are happy to lap up.  Poor Darlo, boo hoo.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 4:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.  It's lilly livered sym pathetic fools who bend over time and time again that have made the football pryamid in this country the joke it is now.  Any club going into admin for the first time have my sympathy after that it just takes the urine.  urine that people like you are happy to lap up.  Poor Darlo, boo hoo.

We're preying on them like bloody vultures! They only want 2 players. They are not wanting Messi or Ronaldo for god sake. I don't see any of them laughing in our faces, i've never seen Darlington have success because of this money. In fact all i've seen is decline! It's no body elses fault but that sharp object Reynolds trying to rinse out all money he could from them. It's not affecting us them bringing in 2 players is it? It's about keeping this league competitive for all involved and if two players make it that bit easier then that's fine by me. Nobody else has complained, just a couple of our fans and everybody else in the league has an element of compassion, even Fleetwood. You'd think given our possible mess then we as fans would understand but instead we have TOTALLY embarrased ourselves on this one. There's people linking this thread on the internet now saying all sorts about our fan base. To anybody reading this, these selfish people are the minority in a support that would otherwise like to see Darlington at least see out the rest of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 222
Quakerz
January 30, 2012, 4:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +9 / -10
Quoted from Marinerz93

So you enjoy being beaten by teams who can't afford the players they have

You can't afford the players you have without significant financial support! Just like us! Why are you unable to see this? Only difference is our chairmen pulled the plug.

Quoted Text
and distort the league then smugly laugh in everyone's faces after going into admin.

Are you kidding me. I was embarrassed and humiliated.

Here's something for you to chew on...

Apparantly Bournemouth - who have been in administration twice, have just paid 800k for Matt Tubbs from Crawley, who have been in administration twice. And you have a Grimsby fan actually taking the time to write to the conference to complain about us wanting to loan a couple of 19 year olds at no cost to ourselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 4:26pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from Marinerz93

Sorry, but who is smugly laughing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 222
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 30, 2012, 4:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
i think, in all honesty that the punishments are not severe enough. its been said before, and will continue to be said.
otherwise, teams will not learn. what is needed is the short sharp shock treatment.

Quakers, no-one is having a go at you, the fans, its the way that its happened and the fact it has been allowed to happen for a 3rd time.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 222
nelly_gtfc
January 30, 2012, 4:38pm
Guest User
Anyone would think it's the fans that make the decisions on player salarys and other financial decisions, the people who make these decisions i.e. owners - people running the clubs, it's those that should be really punished - they are not fit to run a club ever again and should not be allowed to and one day it may happen to your club, I hope for anyone it doesn't happen.

If Fenty pulls the plug on us we will be no different to the situation that Darlington fans are in, it's happend 3 times to them because useless idiots are running a club beyond its means, and we have lost hundreds of thousands every year, it could easily happen to us.
Reply: 59 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.