Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 355 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,886 views. Print
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
voice of reason
January 30, 2012, 7:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +46 / -17
Approval: -1
Quoted from pontoonlew
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.

Dry your eyes Lew... I don't really give a flying fook what they think of us to be honest... If they want to judge us all, then that's their perogative...

I could understand people being drunk off about the small business' that have lost out and been ripped off, probs more than once but I think some of you are venting your anger at the wrong people - the fans... What really could they have done about this situation?

I think if you have something to say, maybe you should aim it at the real people, who have shafted not only football in general but also the Darlo fans and business' who they owed money too...

I feel for their fans to be honest... They're probs embarrassed about going into admin again but at the end of the day what else can they do other than continue supporting their club?

"I am surprised that Bright pratt like you fails to get a grasp of the queens English been as your allways pulling up anyone who fails to follow your thoughts and if they don't give you verbal pats on the back get real and grow up this is a free speech site.UTMM".(Cleefish, 2012)       
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 222
Fishfinger
January 30, 2012, 7:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +46 / -6
Approval: +144
well said VOR, no one should care what other teams think of us. All we want is Grimsby to do well, somtimes you have to be selfish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 222
newfootballer
January 30, 2012, 7:57pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +378
Quoted from marinerjase
Why worry about what they're doing?? IF we are to get in the play offs then let our results dictate we do, not leave it in the hands of others to decide/dictate. On current form no-one will look forward to playing us, there's enough points left to play for to enable us to guarantee a play off spot, even allowing for a slow first 4 months of the season. Stop looking at others and just concentrate on us.

I can understand what you mean, and I would not like to see Darlington slip into being non excistanct, but surely you are either bankrupt or you are not, and to me there is to much malingering going on with these clubs who are supposed to be down  & out and they come back with a bang in some cases.

There are three big premier clubs in that area, surely they could have picked up some good players from these clubs to survive in this non league bundle of fun.
NEWFOOTBALLER

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 222
RoboCod
January 30, 2012, 7:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Stan_darlo

How can you say this though? Anyone could take over your club and do whatever they want with it, what makes you think a new owner wouldn't come in and do the same thing as ours have? People keep the club should have learned our lessons but "the club" has been different every time, the fans don't run the club the chairmen do and there is nothing the fans can do to stop the chairmen spending beyond their means!

I

But that's the point of my argument Stan. IF that happened then it would be a whole new ball game but right now we are not remotely in the same position, my gripe in this whole thing is that some of your fans keep trying to put us on a guilt trip. No one has suffered, other than loyal fans watching a teams demise and John Fenty's wallet. Little people always suffer under Admin.

I've said all along that I'd hope Darlo come though this FAIRLY, take the penalties imposed on them and survive. I'd much rather we take you on and go for the 3 points at stake. But to lump all Town fans into one group and throw words round like is happening on your forum now is gobsmacking, even more so to believe it was just Grimsby fans behind this is wrong, to believe the  bosses only followed the rules after some fans emails is bizarre.
Sorry it's all come to this, as usual the loudest voices drown out the others and it ends in a slanging match.

Hope something good comes of all this Stan, and thanks for at least keeping a reasonable and decent discussion. Others could take note.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 222
Marinerz93
January 30, 2012, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from monkeyhanger70
Hartlepool fans here!!

Sat in the pub with the lads and someone has just mentioned this thread so we thought we would have a look.....GOBSMACKED!  Lets get one thing straight, love to see Darlo loose....better when they are relegated, Im sure they are the same, we love to hate each other.  HOWEVER what you have done is appalling, and I bet the back room barrister who did this thought he was the big man.  No club deserves to go bust through bad management...why should the fans suffer??

It looks as though because the North east clubs have rallied around Darlo it has drunk you lot right off!  Anyway because of this thread we have decided to chuck Darlo a few quid and one thing is for certain we are not laughing at them we are laughing at you!....MUPPETS!!

Why should the fans suffer, exactly Mr Monkey hanger.  Why should the fans of other clubs who meet their debts all season have their season corrupted by a serial admin club.  This hasn't just affected Town it affects promotion and relegation too for other clubs struggling to make ends meet.  It effects other clubs gates too, it effects their confidence of getting a run togther and the financial benefits that come with it.

Some would rather cuddle the sinking turd than ensure the integrity the bowl.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 8:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from pontoonlew
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.

To be fair, who really gives a monkey's what some Darlington fans think?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 8:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,994
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from mariner91

To be fair, who really gives a monkey's what some Darlington fans think?

It's not just them, it's fans across the board. I find it a little embarrasing that we're now being talked about as the club who are trying to kick Darlington while they are down. And i'm sure when our time of need comes fans might use that against us in regards to wanting to save us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 222
Abdul19
January 30, 2012, 8:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I have  not read every post here.

A similar injustice.

TalkSport tonight: Alan Smith loaned to MK Dons. He is on a reported £60K a week.  MK are paying only £2K a week.

Is this fair to other promotion rivals? MK cannot afford him.

How is it fair to MK Dons that they've got Alan Smith playing for them?  

And I'm with Lew on this one. The complaints to the Conference were pathetic. I'm no JF fan, but for the grace of god and all that.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 222
mariner91
January 30, 2012, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,625
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from pontoonlew

It's not just them, it's fans across the board. I find it a little embarrasing that we're now being talked about as the club who are trying to kick Darlington while they are down. And i'm sure when our time of need comes fans might use that against us in regards to wanting to save us.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with grassing them up at all. However, to think it was only because of a few emails that the league did this to them is nonsense. And secondly, I doubt very much that if we were to get in any trouble that any other club would really do that much for us, nobody has exactly done wonders for Darlo have they?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 222
Rodley Mariner
January 30, 2012, 8:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Abdul19

And I'm with Lew on this one. The complaints to the Conference were pathetic.

Ditto - it smacks of a child running to teacher telling tales. Whatever you think surely we can let the BSP sort it without the petty letter writing - they hardly have a record of lenience in these situations.

Let's be honest, if we'd played them twice and taken 6 points from them that we stood to lose you'd all be desperate to see them survive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 222
23 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.