Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Conference Reply

This thread currently has 22,856 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCNiles
January 30, 2012, 8:26pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
I think the problem is any team getting players above their station for free. None of us want to see any club go out of business. Most football clubs are subsidised by the chairman/board since the recession.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 222
roundballovalhole
January 30, 2012, 8:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from pontoonlew
I just want people to read this thread and have a look at how pathetic you lot have made our fanbase look.

[url]http://www.darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17493[/url]

Well done boys, hope your feel a keen sense of achivement.

Who Are you? Some kind of internet referee? It is no great surprise darlo fans are upset with some on here offering little sympathy. . . darlo have cheated x3.  quakerz argument about us not being sustainable without a benefactor is a complete red herring. . . every club top to bottom makes a loss (abramovich/chelsea for eg) what darlo have done is fall foul of civil legal proceedings ( we haven't) they have had multiple wide-boy chairman fooling them that they are gonna make the big time wuth a massive stadium etc (we haven't)  they have been able to "afford" pricey looking players (we haven't)

I think the 10 point penalty is a joke. . . They have cheated. . . simple as!  Football is all about sentiment and whilst i feel fir the darlo fans. .   it's gone too far and they need to fold for the integrity of the league. .  

i think there is a useful analogy between this and the European economic crisis. . . the bsp need to get rid of darlo just like the eu need to fet rid of greece
greece can afford to never pay taxes
Reply: 111 - 222
AndyGTFC
January 30, 2012, 8:37pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Embarassing. How the intercourse is it the fans fault that their owner decided to leave them in limbo?

If Darlington fold then the previous owner isn't the one getting punished, the fans are. How is that justice in any way, shape or form? All this proves to me is that administration in football is a joke and needs to be looked at. Owners shouldn't just be able to leave and leave others to clear up their mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 222
pontoonlew
January 30, 2012, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
Quoted from 1054

Who Are you? Some kind of internet referee? It is no great surprise darlo fans are upset with some on here offering little sympathy. . . darlo have cheated x3.  quakerz argument about us not being sustainable without a benefactor is a complete red herring. . . every club top to bottom makes a loss (abramovich/chelsea for eg) what darlo have done is fall foul of civil legal proceedings ( we haven't) they have had multiple wide-boy chairman fooling them that they are gonna make the big time wuth a massive stadium etc (we haven't)  they have been able to "afford" pricey looking players (we haven't)

I think the 10 point penalty is a joke. . . They have cheated. . . simple as!  Football is all about sentiment and whilst i feel fir the darlo fans. .   it's gone too far and they need to fold for the integrity of the league. .  

i think there is a useful analogy between this and the European economic crisis. . . the bsp need to get rid of darlo just like the eu need to fet rid of greece
greece can afford to never pay taxes

What happens when Fenty leaves us then? Have we cheated and do we deserve to be kicked in the teeth by our fellow football fans? What right do we have to complain about another club, nothing to do with us and complaining; as i've said time and again, is pathetic! All these guys ruining them have sailed off into the sunset, who are our fans to try everyway possible to see that Darlington go to the wall and not be able to get players FOR FREE!?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 222
GTFCNiles
January 30, 2012, 8:44pm

Lager Top Drinker
What does make me laugh that people think that one letter will make the BSP chiefs step in.

This isn't a cold mcdonalds, this is a football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
My enquiry to the league was only based on the fairness of a team being allowed high quality players to sign on loan for free. I asked if it compromised the integrity of the league and would seem unfair on teams like Hayes, Kettering Bath, who pay for their loan players. No loan players should be free especially as Lew pointed out Adam Boyes is meant to be going to Darlo? I am also aware many fans of other clubs also made enquiries about the potential unfairness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 222
Hilly
January 30, 2012, 8:48pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Quoted from GTFCNiles
What does make me laugh that people think that one letter will make the BSP chiefs step in.

This isn't a cold mcdonalds, this is a football club.

It clearly wasn't one letter though - as others above have eluded to multiple Grimsby fans contacted the BSP to complain. I don't think that was the sole reason why we were blocked from making loan signings but it certainly played a part.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 222
GTFCNiles
January 30, 2012, 8:50pm

Lager Top Drinker
I thought you where blocked from making loan signins as part of your administration?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 222
Manchester Mariner
January 30, 2012, 8:55pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Let's be honest, if we'd played them twice and taken 6 points from them that we stood to lose you'd all be desperate to see them survive.

Back of the net!

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 222
ticker_1610
January 30, 2012, 8:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +32 / -6
It apparently was many fans from loads of conf teams most asking a simple question of fairness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 222
23 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Conference Reply

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.