Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AllanGaudensNeighbour, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, Barrattstander, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, Brummie Codfather, BulkyMariner, C0cky, Cambs Mariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, Cayman_mariner, chaos33, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Croxton, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, Freemoash88, friskneymariner, Gaffer58, Gainsbro_Mariner, GarforthMariner, Geordie Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, ginnywings, gobby, golfer, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, GrahamH, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc98, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, Hants.Mariner, Harbour Rat, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, hheh2, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, JK47, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, jungleland, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LN8Mariner, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Mark GTFC, Martz86, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Nadfink, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, Pontoon bill, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, scrumble, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, sonofmadeleymariner, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WetFlannel, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Wyberway, Zmariner and 1245 Guests

Hurst out

This thread currently has 26,230 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 15, 2023, 10:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81

If I was picking the team tomorow I would have Conteh, Holohan & Andrews in midfield, as you say Andrews has been given a chance and he’s taken it, looks a real player.
[/quote]

Yesterday Andrews reminded me of James Berrett, has some ability but has no backbone and shirked every physical challenge that came his way, you aren’t going to dominate midfield when your players pull out of tackles. The lad has got some talent but needs to toughen up if he wants to make it as a professional.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 297
Zmariner
October 16, 2023, 12:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from marinerjase
A few weeks/hours pondering on the Paul Hurst thing..yes, weeks..because it just hasn’t looked right this season for me, from the get go. There’s something not quite right, or working..or both..

I always try to be balanced on things, not over react or look at things from one view point, take time to reflect and then come to a view of my own whilst understanding others. Always admired Hurst, always liked him as a person, so I’ve no time for name calling, abuse etc - that does my head in ..it’s unnecessary, pathetic and juvenile. And whilst he’s manager I’d never go to a game and call for him to go etc..I won’t next weekend if he’s still around..I’ll applaud in support and hope somehow it can be turned around.

He’s had nigh on a decade at our club, some going..particularly the first spell working under he who shall not be named..I’ll always maintain that was an achievement in itself..6 years or so ..regardless of results/achievements, merely sticking it out..most won’t appreciate the working conditions at that time..so just for that he has my respect. I’ve admired his stubbornness ..granted it can at times work both ways, favourably and not so, and as we’ve seen/know..not always great in developing relationship with support. I admire his tenacity, pursuit of wanting better, dry sense of humour..and until recent times I’ve always said ‘right man..at the right club..at the right time..’

Sadly, and it’s not something I like seeing or saying, for some of the aforementioned reasons above..I think it’s come to a time where at least questions have to be asked.  He’s been backed with funds (as much as could be..would be silly to try to compete with others on that front) , I’m understanding recent relative ‘success’..promotion, FA cup run etc..and the supposed aims and ambitions, or ‘project’..

But this season hasn’t worked out from the start imho, there doesn’t seem to be any method of approach, the team look lethargic/flat, devoid of confidence, the football as such is largely aimless, there’s a fragility about the side, and if I’m being honest, I’ve seen enough football over the years to see and know somethings not right. Yes there’s been the odd result here and there..but in general nothings happening..and then you start looking at what’s being done to change, better, adapt, improve, get out of the mistakes ..and I’m seeing players being used out of position, some not utilised, some included when seriously out of form, and the same ‘tactics’ employed..

As said not based on yesterday, but in general from the off - imo this has the feel of a side in trouble, and that’s why questions need to be asked.

Whether that be privately today discussions are made, questions asked, be it between owners/manager, collectively with players and address what isn’t working/why. Think it needs addressing sooner rather than later, in whatever way - for the greater good. If that concludes with manager going - or it’s a general kick up the bottom for all..then it needs doing now.

But whether hurst stays or goes..nothing is gained from hurling abuse, getting personal..insults..etc. Saw all that with Groves years ago, toxic and not pleasant to witness.

By all means not an issue with opinions being known, voices heard etc - but there’s ways and means of doing it in a classier way, and regardless of personal opinions on someone - end of the day it’s a bloke who’s just doing his best. If it doesn’t work out no one will feel it more than themselves.

Exactly how i see it but i am less articulate. Every win this season has been a bit of a surprise .salford assisted by a sending off,gillingham bang out of form and barrow lucky. We pass the ball around in our own half slowly and we are slow and easy to pick off.
I tbink there is zero confidence and tbe sum of the parts is not right.i woud give hurst 4 games and he would have no choice but to take off tbe shackles
Utm

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 297
GollyGTFC
October 16, 2023, 9:42am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from arryarryarry

Who the frigs Lindrick when he is at home.

Predictive text. Lindrick is a golf course on the A57 near Worksop and held the Ryder Cup in the 1950s.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 162 - 297
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 10:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from paulmblythe

i have it on good authority that hurst had agreed terms with a left back who let us down at the last minute

Oh good. Retrospective recruitment.
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 297
jamesgtfc
October 16, 2023, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from paulmblythe

i have it on good authority that hurst had agreed terms with a left back who let us down at the last minute

That is why you should have multiple irons in the fire. The left back position is a huge weakness this season and he chose not to address it all summer. OK, we may have been let down, but the fact remains that it was the only position we didn't sign anyone for.

Irrespective of Waterfall's form, we are also lacking another body at CB, and I think we are a striker light too.

All of that is on Hurst, who has full control of the playing side.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 297
October 16, 2023, 10:26am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

That is why you should have multiple irons in the fire. The left back position is a huge weakness this season and he chose not to address it all summer. OK, we may have been let down, but the fact remains that it was the only position we didn't sign anyone for.

Irrespective of Waterfall's form, we are also lacking another body at CB, and I think we are a striker light too.

All of that is on Hurst, who has full control of the playing side.

Because we was let down at the last minute!

Reply: 165 - 297
ska face
October 16, 2023, 10:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,781
Gold Stars: 851
If you’re looking at your two left backs & thinking you’d rather play a right back than either of those, then maybe don’t leave it until the last minute, even if that means paying over the odds a bit for the replacement you need.

Been the case consistently for a few years now, accepting that we’re the absolute last domino in a row and hoping everything drops in place. How many times have we been “let down at the last minute”? 2 players this deadline day, at least 1 forward in January where the paperwork was ready…
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 297
jamesgtfc
October 16, 2023, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 123614

Because we was let down at the last minute!

I don't buy that excuse. There were 3.5 months between last season ending and the summer window closing, so for it to boil down to someone letting us down at the last minute doesn't wash with me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 297
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,701
Gold Stars: 542
Hunt didn't go from being a 6ft 2 unit when on loan to suddenly shrink once he signed a permanent deal here.

Signings don't work out always, in fact I'd guess that more don't than those that do.  But Hurst knew everything about Hunt already, he quite literally had already seen him up close and personal less than 12 months before giving him a 3-year contract.  He knew exactly what he was getting so justifying not playing him because of his size just seems bonkers.

Fair enough, lay down the challenge to the lad.  He responded in the summer and packed on some muscle, yet he still doesn't get a fair crack of the whip.  I completely get that his wasteful passing can be a problem, yet Conteh, Clifton, Holohan and definitely Andrews at the weekend have all been absolutely woeful with their distribution this season.  But, with the exception of Holohan, none seem to get the blame and take the can like Hunt does.
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 297
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 10:43am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't buy that excuse. There were 3.5 months between last season ending and the summer window closing, so for it to boil down to someone letting us down at the last minute doesn't wash with me.

Must be Monday - we've got boil and wash in the same post.
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 297
30 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.