Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Heisenberg, Martz86, Meza and 83 Guests

Hurst out

This thread currently has 26,196 views. Print
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
ancientmariner54
October 14, 2023, 7:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from denni266
The tea lady would be better than Hurst

What at ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 297
ginnywings
October 14, 2023, 7:18pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Remember that black cat that Holloway's other half went on about when they arrived at BP? I think PH must have run it over because the rub of the green isn't going his way at all.

For me, there has to be a certain amount of blame attached to the players, because as bad as we were today, and we were terrible; up until the sending off we had a few opportunities to take the lead and fluffed them all, then Waterfall does what he does and gets himself sent off. Had Eisa buried that chance, the whole course of the game would have changed, and that has happened far too often this season, namely missed opportunities.

Now, to my mind, Waterfall shouldn't have even started because Rodgers and Maher are a better pairing, so that can be laid at his door, but today could and should have been one of those games where we played badly, but won, and move on to the next.

There is much talk about the team from last season, and they were a never say die lot who somehow kept defying the odds, but were pretty limited technically for the most part. The squad from this season definitely contains some  better technical players but they simply are not operating as a cohesive unit as yet. We seem to be falling between two styles at the moment and maybe the players still left from last season aren't good enough to transition to a better, more possession based style, and I personally think it is mainly, but not exclusively, the midfield that is letting the side down, and although we have replaced a good few from the last campaign, we still haven't replaced enough of them to move to the next level.

Now do I think we should replace PH you may be asking? Up until now I have said he, and any manager for that matter, needs time to change a side for the better, and I always advocate that any team needs 10 to 12 games at the start of a season to bed in and play a range of opponents, both home and away. So, this being the 13th game, and against a not too threatening an opponent, we should be showing a lot more than we did today, and it's equally concerning and perplexing that were are not.

I don't think the board will sack PH, not yet anyway, but he is getting closer by the week, and I think they will see what happens for a few more games, especially with one or two of the bottom feeders coming our way, but he needs to buck up fast, and I'm on the fence myself. I'm not yet calling for his head, but if the board were to decide to part ways, I wouldn't be surprised, or if I'm honest, too bothered.

I expect I will now be labelled a deluded happy clapper, and I realise there was a bit of a sea change amongst the fans today, but I've tried to look at it in a balanced way from the fans point of view and the boards point of view, because ultimately, it's them who have to make the decision on what they see as a long term plan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 297
Jarmo.Is.God
October 14, 2023, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I'm a big PH fan, I have someone close to me personally that played under him the first time round and it's only ever good things to say about him.
On our current situation he said give him time, he will turn it around.
I've also been pro PH throughout, however, thank you very much Paul, you have genuinely given me the best memories of being a town fan (I'm 30...) And would always wish you the best, unlike some of our previous managers....
Now though, is the time to move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 297
ancientmariner54
October 14, 2023, 7:23pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Something isn’t right and hasn’t been for a while. It looks like he’s lost the dressing room. Time to go.

He knows exactly where it is .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 297
GollyGTFC
October 14, 2023, 7:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Doesn't matter how many threads we get on this Stockdale will never sack him anyway.

Utter rubbish. You can’t be as successful in business like JS & AP have without being ruthless when required.

And remember we’re using a data lead approach to decision making now. I can’t imagine there is much data to support the idea that Hurst is doing a decent job.

I was mildly annoyed at full-time. We played poorly. A very senior player let us down by getting a daft 2nd yellow card. And then, when we need to have a solid 5 minutes to adjust to only having 10 men, we shot ourselves in the foot head by giving the ball away by taking a risk in a stupid position and fell 1-0 behind.

But that mild annoyance turned to rage by Paul Hurst’s nonsense post match interview on BBC RH. People aren’t stupid. They know what they saw. He can try and dress it up however he likes, but we were dross and the style of football and entertainment value were even worse.

I wouldn’t mind if we sacked him now.

I can’t see anything but a humiliating defeat at Stockport. Colchester at home is a game we need like a hole in the head (against a team that’s lost 5 from 6 away) as we should 100% be winning that match. And then away at resurgent Doncaster.

His position could be completely untenable by this time on Saturday 28th October if it doesn’t get to that point before then.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 64 - 297
Mappers
October 14, 2023, 7:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,474
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

My thoughts exactly every game he stays in charge now will be a waste ,sometimes  in life things run there course .. we need change before the season becomes a relegation fight

He has done a lot of good , I would say him going would at least keep his legacy in tact - promotion , cup run and a solid first season back in the league .

Stay on and he may well make all that great work irrelevant .

He has run his course here imo , good manager but it's time for a fresh approach for us to move forward .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 297
mariner91
October 14, 2023, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Yep, Hurst Out for me. Wanted to see signs of progression and a plan today. We saw nothing, not even any fight. Thanks for everything Paul, we've had some great memories despite what some claim but you've had a very good budget for this league yet we're walking towards a relegation fight as we're getting worse. Times up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 297
davmariner
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,970
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from ginnywings
Remember that black cat that Holloway's other half went on about when they arrived at BP? I think PH must have run it over because the rub of the green isn't going his way at all.

For me, there has to be a certain amount of blame attached to the players, because as bad as we were today, and we were terrible; up until the sending off we had a few opportunities to take the lead and fluffed them all, then Waterfall does what he does and gets himself sent off. Had Eisa buried that chance, the whole course of the game would have changed, and that has happened far too often this season, namely missed opportunities.

Now, to my mind, Waterfall shouldn't have even started because Rodgers and Maher are a better pairing, so that can be laid at his door, but today could and should have been one of those games where we played badly, but won, and move on to the next.

There is much talk about the team from last season, and they were a never say die lot who somehow kept defying the odds, but were pretty limited technically for the most part. The squad from this season definitely contains some  better technical players but they simply are not operating as a cohesive unit as yet. We seem to be falling between two styles at the moment and maybe the players still left from last season aren't good enough to transition to a better, more possession based style, and I personally think it is mainly, but not exclusively, the midfield that is letting the side down, and although we have replaced a good few from the last campaign, we still haven't replaced enough of them to move to the next level.

Now do I think we should replace PH you may be asking? Up until now I have said he, and any manager for that matter, needs time to change a side for the better, and I always advocate that any team needs 10 to 12 games at the start of a season to bed in and play a range of opponents, both home and away. So, this being the 13th game, and against a not too threatening an opponent, we should be showing a lot more than we did today, and it's equally concerning and perplexing that were are not.

I don't think the board will sack PH, not yet anyway, but he is getting closer by the week, and I think they will see what happens for a few more games, especially with one or two of the bottom feeders coming our way, but he needs to buck up fast, and I'm on the fence myself. I'm not yet calling for his head, but if the board were to decide to part ways, I wouldn't be surprised, or if I'm honest, too bothered.

I expect I will now be labelled a deluded happy clapper, and I realise there was a bit of a sea change amongst the fans today, but I've tried to look at it in a balanced way from the fans point of view and the boards point of view, because ultimately, it's them who have to make the decision on what they see as a long term plan.

A very reasonable post.

In my view, that we've got better individual players than last season is becoming a cliché. It's true that Eisa, Conteh and Rodgers have been good signings. Equally though, we've lost Crocombe, Smith, McAtee, Lloyd, Emmanuel and Orsi which in my view has made us a lot weaker.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 297
Marinerdeano
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
'Happy Clappers' is a excrement phrase and almost as if some are more keen to have their point proven than anything else. Reminds me of the equally excrement 'Remoaners'. In reality most people are pretty measured and those that are cautious of change have good reason to be given what we have been served up through the years. For what it is worth, some would probably have considered me to be a 'Happy Clappers' and now yes, I agree, it's just not working. May have been a bit unlucky at times in the earlier games but now there is a lack of drive and identity (despite being a strong squad I believe). So yes, sadly perhaps it's time to roll the dice again and see as there is plenty of the season to and a new manager would have a pretty decent platform. I also think Stockwood will act if it comes to the point where all harmony has been lost.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 297
MuddyWaters
October 14, 2023, 7:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

I expected this from you and I sort of get it but now, not only are the performances excrement, which they have been for long enough, the results are going the same way.

I’m not sure what you’re watching but I’m watching a team that isn’t a team which is very non Hurst. I’m seeing player reactions that deeply concern me and I’m seeing coaches making knee jerk decisions that have no rhyme or reason. Eisa had a shocker today yet Gnahoua got pulled first, Amos and Clifton were dreadful yet played 100 minutes.

I’m sure the board will take a look and make a serious decision but I’m sure they will also want to see the improvement they promised.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 297
30 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.