Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Hurst out

This thread currently has 26,193 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
The Dogs Testicles
October 21, 2023, 7:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Approval: -108
Gold Stars: 17
Why are we just kicking the can down the road?? Change needs to happen as soon as possible!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 210 - 297
smokin joe
October 21, 2023, 7:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
hurst out no players playing for him please get rid now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 211 - 297
HerveJosse
October 21, 2023, 7:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
Why are we just kicking the can down the road?? Change needs to happen as soon as possible!

Can getting incrementally nearer the bin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 212 - 297
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 21, 2023, 9:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from smokin joe
hurst out no players playing for him please get rid now

Coming from two down against the top of the league doesn’t really support the claim that no players are playing for him, however, I would agree that something appears to be missing this season from what we would expect from a typical Hurst team.

Historically Hurst sides have never shipped a lot of goals, yes the odd thrashing periodically, but at present it seems we have to score at least 3 goals to win a match which is unsustainable. Scoring 2 at home to Crawley and 2 away today should have seen us glean at least 4 points from the games not f… all. That said I am not against change and believe PH has the next two matches to turn it around. Fail in these games and it’s going to take an unbelievably strong board to keel backing him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 213 - 297
jonnyboy82
October 21, 2023, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
If we keep getting 6 or 7k at home their won't be a change unless we are getting hammered every game . Voting with the feet is sadly the most effective method.

I won't be doing that but unless the attendance drops dramatically I can't see anything happening tbh. Our owners seem to love Paul so he ain't going anywhere yet.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 214 - 297
GrimRob
October 21, 2023, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.11
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,449
Gold Stars: 114
I think the points total is far more important than the attendance. The attedance is largely baked in anyway due to season tickets. What really counts is the estimated total for the season. We still have a lot of games to play against lower sides. Start to lose a few of them and the board will have to act.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 215 - 297
DB
October 21, 2023, 9:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from GrimRob
I think the points total is far more important than the attendance. The attedance is largely baked in anyway due to season tickets. What really counts is the estimated total for the season. We still have a lot of games to play against lower sides. Start to lose a few of them and the board will have to act.

Accrington, Tranmere, Crawley, Walsall and Bradford were all winnable, but we didn't. I think Tuesday is very much a 6 pointer but also will define if Hurst stays or goes. We are now 4 points off relegation and need some points quickly. Not only is it the lack of results but also the displays at BP have been lack luster and are disappointing.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 216 - 297
Bigdog
October 21, 2023, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Coming from two down against the top of the league doesn’t really support the claim that no players are playing for him, however, I would agree that something appears to be missing this season from what we would expect from a typical Hurst team.

Historically Hurst sides have never shipped a lot of goals, yes the odd thrashing periodically, but at present it seems we have to score at least 3 goals to win a match which is unsustainable. Scoring 2 at home to Crawley and 2 away today should have seen us glean at least 4 points from the games not f… all. That said I am not against change and believe PH has the next two matches to turn it around. Fail in these games and it’s going to take an unbelievably strong weak board to keep backing him.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 217 - 297
Davec
October 22, 2023, 8:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
3 wins from 18, I find his position totally untenable and he does not have the overall track record in league 2 which indicates he can turn this around substantially enough to even push for top half let alone play offs, any other manager at any other club would have been sacked by now, but if we aren't careful we are sleep walking into another relegation battle, the board need to act now and even if we do get a win on Tuesday night that doesn't mean he should be given another 6 or 8 games! Unless of course fans are happy with the odd win every 6 or 7 games and a relegation battle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 218 - 297
Hagrid
October 22, 2023, 8:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Davec
3 wins from 18, I find his position totally untenable and he does not have the overall track record in league 2 which indicates he can turn this around substantially enough to even push for top half let alone play offs, any other manager at any other club would have been sacked by now, but if we aren't careful we are sleep walking into another relegation battle, the board need to act now and even if we do get a win on Tuesday night that doesn't mean he should be given another 6 or 8 games! Unless of course fans are happy with the odd win every 6 or 7 games and a relegation battle

Theres the little digs at fans again, Course no-ones bloody happy ffs, none of us want this, But equally some do still have faith in PH And dont feel the need to go crowing Hurst Out at every oppurtunity. Would I like PH To stay in charge. Yes i would. Do i think the decision will be taken if we lose Tuesday? Yes i do, and in my heart of hearts it would probably be the right decision, But till that point i’ll continue to back him and the team, doesnt mean Im happy with it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 219 - 297
30 Pages Prev ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.