Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Hurst out

This thread currently has 25,949 views. Print
30 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
October 22, 2023, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from FishySmithy
Generally think we have been unlucky, some good players some of the new players struggling with habits of losing from previous clubs that was relegated  Rodgers, Eastwood and Mullarkey both our LB’s confidence is also shot and Effete too, the moans and groans from the home support don’t help with it either.
This has clearly spread within the team Clifton is a prime example etc that being said it’s no wander we are shipping goals.

Yesrtedary though was a step in the right direction we are that one win, performance away from it all clicking we ain’t a bad side but we ain’t a top 7 side.

Hurst will change it around and won’t be leaving us I just can’t see it, possibly may have to change our style like last season at some point though.

We’re going to change our style? From dull and uninspiring to what? Duller and even less inspiring. We’ve got some decent players who are being asked to do something different every week.
Private Message
Reply: 250 - 297
pontoonlew
October 22, 2023, 8:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,036
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from ska face
Honest question for those who still have faith that PH is the man to take us forward - do you really think these long spells of poor form are acceptable or can be sustained on an annual basis?

20/21 - 2 wins in his first 19
21/22 - 2 wins in 14 from October, including 11 losses
22/23 - 3 wins in 13 from October, just 1 league win+ 2 fa cup
23/24 - 3 wins in first 18

It’s only during the conference season we saw anything similar in terms of a run of wins, where we had 10 wins in the first 13. For someone so level-headed and averse to swings of emotion, his form really does have a boom-bust / famine-feast look to it.

Pretty damning stats, we might get away with it in Non League but we can’t ever expect success in League 2 with a run like this almost guaranteed every year
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 251 - 297
Zmariner
October 22, 2023, 9:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from 123614

I'm with you Hagrid, I still have faith in PH, and will continue to back him.

Me too, that  I agree the support is divided but I am still with Hurst utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 252 - 297
AncientExiledMariner
October 22, 2023, 9:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from pontoonlew

Pretty damning stats, we might get away with it in Non League but we can’t ever expect success in League 2 with a run like this almost guaranteed every year

I mean, it happened last season, and we had our highest finishes in 17 seasons...

I'm not saying these runs are good, or wanted, but if combined with positive runs, it can counter-balance it. I'm just hoping we can get one of those good runs now. Starting with Colchester.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 253 - 297
mariner91
October 22, 2023, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
That isn’t because last season was a particularly successful league campaign, more a damning indictment of how shite we’ve been for two decades.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 254 - 297
nightrider
October 22, 2023, 9:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
1 point less than we had at this point in the relegation season

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 255 - 297
pontoonlew
October 22, 2023, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,036
Gold Stars: 176

I mean, it happened last season, and we had our highest finishes in 17 seasons...

I'm not saying these runs are good, or wanted, but if combined with positive runs, it can counter-balance it. I'm just hoping we can get one of those good runs now. Starting with Colchester.

Counter it to finish mid table every season? If that’s what we’re set for by keeping Hurst I’m not sure I’m very interested in it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 256 - 297
ska face
October 22, 2023, 9:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847

Wasn’t the good run, or run of easier fixtures, supposed to start with Crawley? Or Tranmere? Or Accrington? It’s just kicking the can down the road every week. We’ve got Donny on Saturday and they’ve won 6 of their last 9.
Private Message
Reply: 257 - 297
Tommy
October 22, 2023, 10:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from nightrider
1 point less than we had at this point in the relegation season

On this note.....

Judging from past discussions on here, the majority of posters think Hurst was not really accountable for our last relegation because he took over just after Christmas and apparently the rot had already set in with not enough time to turn it around.

So my question now would be, how long do those people think is long enough for someone to turn around a sinking ship? And so how long do you leave it before giving someone what they feel is an appropriate amount of time to turn around the form early enough to save us from an embarrassing season?

I'm not comparing the Holloway team (of the covid season) with the current team or saying this team is as bad as that, but the table doesn't lie and the form (as quoted above) is that of a team destined for a relegation battle.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 258 - 297
Mappers
October 22, 2023, 11:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Tommy

On this note.....

Judging from past discussions on here, the majority of posters think Hurst was not really accountable for our last relegation because he took over just after Christmas and apparently the rot had already set in with not enough time to turn it around.

So my question now would be, how long do those people think is long enough for someone to turn around a sinking ship? And so how long do you leave it before giving someone what they feel is an appropriate amount of time to turn around the form early enough to save us from an embarrassing season?

I'm not comparing the Holloway team (of the covid season) with the current team or saying this team is as bad as that, but the table doesn't lie and the form (as quoted above) is that of a team destined for a relegation battle.

Barrow have already schooled us on our own patch , passed rings around us ; even though we won  , that was embarrassing enough for me Tommy .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 259 - 297
30 Pages Prev ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst out

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.