Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,632 views. Print
26 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 23, 2023, 5:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Absolutely furious at that.

How you go from 2-0 up and absolutely cruising to some of the worst defending imaginable to let them back in the game was criminal enough, to then lose…. Disgraceful.

Back 4 today were took apart from 30 mins onwards from a player we decide wasnt good enough and then of course he pops up with the winner. Glennon and Mullarkey today were appaling, Glennon cannot defend, I dont want to see him in the side again. Why did we change 3’positions in the back 4.

Icing on the cake to miss a sitter at the end.

Why did Holohan get taken off? He was the best town player on the pitch. Clifton who has been shite all seasom stays on.

I’ll never call for Hursts head, but the cries are getting louder. Im seething
Logged Offline
Private Message
davmariner
September 23, 2023, 5:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Mullarkey and Glennon were a shambles. What was Hurst thinking with that team selection.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 258
Plankton
September 23, 2023, 5:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,215
Gold Stars: 38
Pyke is also not that good at playing football.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 258
nightrider
September 23, 2023, 5:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Also seething    Too late now though. He's signed the players so were stuck with them. As for Glennon, its not as if we didnt know he's a fairy and cant defend. Never looks fit to me

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 258
pontoonlew
September 23, 2023, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
I’ve done a 180 on Hurst over the past 6 months and have come round to the fact he’s good for the club, but the past few games have tested that.

I think a lot of our players look better than last year, but we’re flipping spineless in so many areas and he cannot tactically adapt to anything that happens during the game. I can’t think of one game this season where we’ve shifted the games momentum with changes, but almost all of our games have been shifted by the opposition manager.

I could sit here all day asking why Mullarkey got played at CB, why Clifton is exempt from criticism or why the intercourse the striker Hurst wrote off has just played well and scored a 96th min winner against us whilst Pyke played for us. But in reality, those are small things in a very large problem.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 258
Badger57
September 23, 2023, 5:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
That was fairly entertain in a excrement Sunday League game kind of way. Comedy defending and we never, EVER look like scoring (even though we scored 2!)
We are a poor, poor side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 258
Flying Mariner
September 23, 2023, 5:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +55
Gold Stars: 1
Going to be a long slog of a season.
A team full of average players.
The players we bought in are no better than the players who moved on.
To much complacency in the team.
Other than central defence we are poor all over the pitch.
Midfield poor.  
Always been a fan of Clifton who works so hard but enthusiasm doesn’t beat quality. He is just an example of the players we have.
And will probably end about 18th in the table.
Left and right back positions still poor.
Not a fan of Hurst but if he hasn’t the funds to bring in better quality players the finger has to point at the chairman.
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 258
sonofmadeleymariner
September 23, 2023, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
As I said at half time we made that tactical error of taking the lead. How many points have we dropped now from winning positions? We looked on top and comfortable, we let in one freak goal in that lob and never really recovered from it and cherry on the cake Orsi grabs them a winner in the final moment.

Gav was our best today, he moved the ball well, got forward, got stuck in and nabbed a goal. Eisa a close second.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 258
GhostDan
September 23, 2023, 5:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +984
Gold Stars: 12
Can’t even be copulated to comprehend how bad we were today but I’ve very rarely come away from BP over the years thinking we didn’t look arsed, but I have a few times this season.

Absolutely no urgency, no team effort, no cohesion at all - I don’t know if it’s Hurst or the players, but when do we ever make a sub and actually look better? We just seem to fall apart and loose any cohesion at all.

Agree with others about Holohan, criminal to bring him off and leave Clifton on, who’s been well off the pace this season.  My overriding feeling again are we have a team full of nice lads, probably work really hard in training but apart from abit of Eisa magic, we never look like creating anything.

Pleased for Orsi, absolutely ran our defence ragged and lead the line well for them - he probably isn’t quite as good as Rose all round but  he’s a damn sight better than anything else we have up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 258
Wiley2405
September 23, 2023, 5:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Not sure why Hurst mixed the defence up and didn’t just put Waterfall in for Maher. Cruising at 2-0 could have been 3/4 just looked so lackluster from their first fluke of a goal. Not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 258
26 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.