Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,614 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 23, 2023, 7:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,936
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from HerveJosse
Tough day for the happy clappers

Moronic thing to say when we are all disappointed and angry.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 258
September 23, 2023, 7:40pm
Guest User
Lets see what everyone is saying at the end of the season.
Reply: 41 - 258
ska face
September 23, 2023, 7:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
As bad as it gets that. Hurst gambled and got it badly wrong at the back. Sometimes maybe just go with a like-for-like swap rather than swapping two players out of position and bringing in two others who are out of form?

Absolute shíte from 1 to 11 today, Eisa excepted. Too many utter fannies, zero quality on the ball, Pyke absolutely anonymous for most of the game, Clifton couldn’t pass water, Efete poor, just a fúcking shower.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 258
moosey_club
September 23, 2023, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Decent start in the press style approach, 2-0 up but didn't think we really looked like scoring in all honesty..but hey who cares.
I think then we then as an entire team we just thought we had the game won......awful defending on both goals from a team perspective, yes individuals could have done better but shocking in the lead ups to both.
Hurst did make subs, well done, ..and I do think they livened us up but the second set of subs seemed to kill us....
Final goal...again awful all round...the guy on their left should have been dealt with...we left their guy on the right...Eastwood missed the ball. ORSI unmarked...
Just excrement defending all round.
I have left feeling p1ssed off not necessarily by the result but by the fact that even at 2-0 I wasn't massively convinced we would win but also that over 90 plus minutes i wasn't out of my seat with excitement very often.
If you are winning then there isnt alot for people to moan about....if you arent winning then you need to entertain.....currently not doing enough of either.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 258
Northbank Mariner
September 23, 2023, 7:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,445
Gold Stars: 171
On Hurst this one...
Got it wrong at the back, got it wrong at the front and got it wrong in the middle..
Clifton needs dropping, he still can't pass a ball, runs and harries but even of late he's looked half ars@d tbh.
Eastwood had no chance with their first goal, their winger fatted his cross and inadvertently chipped him.
Efete, awful defender, can't read the game at all, and Mullarkey and Rodgers looked edgy due to covering for Glennon and Efete.
Pyke, tries hard the lad, but I'm worried he's another Louis Robles.
If Hurst insists on this 1 up top at home and being toothless in the box the crowds are going dwindle at a rate of knotts, even some of the stalwarts i know have had enough of him now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 258
grimsby pete
September 23, 2023, 7:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
What baffles me the most is Orsi. had another year on his contract so why did we let him leave until we had a decent replacement.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete
What baffles me the most is Orsi. had another year on his contract so why did we let him leave until we had a decent replacement.

Given the results of our striker recruitment we should have given him a three year extension.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 258
headingly_mariner
September 23, 2023, 7:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Much the better side first half and it should've been 4 when it was 2. One miss hit cross completely changed the game, it was a horrid shank straight in the top corner. Then they quickly scored a good equaliser, 1 shot 2 goals.

How the ref hasn't given us a pen for the foul on Holohan I will never know.

We were excrement for much of the 2nd, losing Conteh was a big on, he shouldn't have been booked and the ref was gunning to send him off. Andrews and Ainley did nothing in their time on the pitch, but made us worse. Bizarre how Hunt can't get on the bench.
Thought Pyke got in a couple of good spots and showed glimpses of a good player, nicked ball high up the pitch a few times.
Thoroughly disappointing end to the game, shocking defending.

The Ref was appalling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 258
chaos33
September 23, 2023, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,936
Gold Stars: 360
One thing bothering me that doesn’t bode well - Pyke isn’t as good as the strikers we’ve had in the conference. Trying not to see that as symbolic/indicative. Who would have thought that was the case?! Baffling to me. This is emblematic of why we are not evolving properly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 258
arryarryarry
September 23, 2023, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
On Hurst this one...
Got it wrong at the back, got it wrong at the front and got it wrong in the middle..
Clifton needs dropping, he still can't pass a ball, runs and harries but even of late he's looked half ars@d tbh.
Eastwood had no chance with their first goal, their winger fatted his cross and inadvertently chipped him.
Efete, awful defender, can't read the game at all, and Mullarkey and Rodgers looked edgy due to covering for Glennon and Efete.
Pyke, tries hard the lad, but I'm worried he's another Louis Robles.
If Hurst insists on this 1 up top at home and being toothless in the box the crowds are going dwindle at a rate of knotts, even some of the stalwarts i know have had enough of him now.

Agree with most of that except for their first goal, I thought Eastwood was poorly placed.

Private Message
Reply: 49 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.