Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Balthazar Bullitt, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1039 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,880 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2023, 1:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614

I have deleted that post because of incorrectly researched data.

By you or our recruitment analyst chap? 🤔😂
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 258
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2023, 1:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Oly1987
thats the most disappointed I've been watching a town game for a while. 2-0 up and looking like we were on for a good win and then it all fell apart. Not sure why Glennon was in for Amos as Amos had that spot pretty much nailed down. Mullarkey didn't have a good game but was at least honest enough in his interview to admit he was at fault. Pyke really needed to take opportunities given to him. We could have been 4 up but instead went in 2-2 and then to add salt to the wound the late late winner from Orsi. I dont think we deserved to lose that game which is the most disappointing bit. Eastwood had a bit of a howler today and I hope it was just a one off. Seemed to have no confidence and his decision making was terrible.

I really hope our heads don't drop after this one as I feel this result is the most painful of the campaign so far.

UTM

Eastwood got off to a flying start with that penalty save in the first game, but I haven't been convinced at all.

His kicking is atrocious. If he takes a goal kick long, how does he manage to find touch so many times? To be fair to him why is he asked to try to find a 5 yard strip of the pitch by the touchline? Give him a chance of keeping it in play and kick it more central.

When he kicks a moving ball he often gets a lot of backspin on it sending it upwards rather than forwards.

What was that ridiculous attempt at a punch in the first half when he could easily have caught a dropping ball above the strikers head?

If Hurst wanted Crocombe out you would assume he had a ready made replacement lined up who would be better,  but it looks a poor deal to me.

If Cartwright who is with a Championship club can't claim the number 1 shirt then it looks like we have made two mistakes.
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 258
ska face
September 24, 2023, 1:22pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Crocombe was offered a contract but decided against it, swear I’ve seen goldfish with better memories than some on here.

Thought Andrews did ok when he came on yesterday considering what he had in front & behind him. Got stitched up a few times by Glennon hiding when in a decent position, he tried to tell him but you could see he was a 21-year-old trying to tell a more senior player what to do. Glennon just shrugged & trotted past him.
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 258
GollyGTFC
September 24, 2023, 1:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Maringer
No way their player meant that first goal. He didn't celebrate it at all. If he'd have intended it, I think he'd have been a bit more lively!

He didn’t celebrate because they were still 2-1 down. When you score any goal in that situation it’s simply “get the ball on the centre spot and get on with the game”.

Sky Sports seem to think he meant it because it’s been posted on their app.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 113 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2023, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face
Crocombe was offered a contract but decided against it, swear I’ve seen goldfish with better memories than some on here.

Thought Andrews did ok when he came on yesterday considering what he had in front & behind him. Got stitched up a few times by Glennon hiding when in a decent position, he tried to tell him but you could see he was a 21-year-old trying to tell a more senior player what to do. Glennon just shrugged & trotted past him.

However what we don’t know is how attractive the contract was. What was certain was that we had to have another viable goalkeeping option.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 258
golfer
September 24, 2023, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
I still can't work out why in nearly every game we are playing well and then turn to absolute shite. Is it something in the tea ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 258
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2023, 2:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,529
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from ska face

It was right in front of us in the Lower Findus and it’s come off the inside of his heel as he’s gone to side foot it across to the lad in the middle. All immaterial but he’s never meant that in a million years.

Sat right in front of it in the ponny...completely fluffed his cross, to the point he was so embarrassed he couldn't even celebrate scoring...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 258
grimsby pete
September 24, 2023, 3:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from golfer
I still can't work out why in nearly every game we are playing well and then turn to absolute shite. Is it something in the tea ?

The players have no confidence in themselves  Golfer there is only Eisa who believes he can score so once we lose the lead heads go down and mistakes are made.

What we are lacking is a striker that is confident once he has got the ball in front of goal that he will put it  away.

That gives the rest of the team a boost and they play with panache now where are we going to find one of those ?  They do not come cheap and Hurst has spent all this season's money by all accounts.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 258
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2023, 3:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from GollyGTFC

How was their first goal a fluke? I was right behind it and I think he 100% meant it. And I’ve just watched the “highlights” and that has only confirmed that. Lovely goal.

I was right behind it and it was a shank. He's never meant that in a million years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 258
Epworth Mariner
September 24, 2023, 7:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +669
Gold Stars: 57
My misses hit the nail on the head after the match when she said it was boring…….no excitement….
I didn’t know if it was related to me or the match lol…..
Probably both !!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.