Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,885 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
September 24, 2023, 11:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Seven goals scored in L2 and NL by our ex strikers yesterday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 258
HatTrickHero
September 24, 2023, 11:16am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +781
Gold Stars: 25
Agree with most of the points here, just to say I thought Rodgers was having a decent game, intelligent defending against Orsi and giving him very little. As the game wore on it became obvious that none of Rodgers co-defenders were at the races and his one man defence became ragged, not surprisingly.
Orsi...where to begin. A better player than Pike. He's added some aggression and strength to his game, over 90 minutes of tireless work which we never saw here but then Hurst mostly threw him on for a final 10 minute cameo.
Crawley were laughably bad in the opening 15 minutes, shaky defending, desperately unconfident goalkeeping and even a defender slide tackling, and injuring his own team mate.

Another wonky back 4, a game that cried out for a Hunt type player in a game that too often turned into a jumbled mess of head tennis, a weak forward line missing Rose who could have possibly played last week it seems but was probably suffering heat exhaustion from Hurst's silly lack of tactical subs Vs Bradford, and a week on from numerous overhit crosses Vs Wrexham we now underhit them, with no angle straight to the keeper.
Oh yeah, Wrexham...letting in 5 with no return yesterday while we didn't lay a finger on them.

A bad day for Hurst as a few chickens came home to roost and his flaws rather than his dogged strengths were there for all to see.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 258
GollyGTFC
September 24, 2023, 11:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,058
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Wiley2405
Not sure why Hurst mixed the defence up and didn’t just put Waterfall in for Maher. Cruising at 2-0 could have been 3/4 just looked so lackluster from their first fluke of a goal. Not good enough.

How was their first goal a fluke? I was right behind it and I think he 100% meant it. And I’ve just watched the “highlights” and that has only confirmed that. Lovely goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 92 - 258
IlkleyMariner
September 24, 2023, 11:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
What a damning analysis of yesterday and earlier. Always been a fan of PH but this is worrying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 258
grimsby pete
September 24, 2023, 11:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
If Hurst has blown all the cup money we are fooked.

No striker signing in January and a long hard season ahead.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2023, 12:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 123614
So, a lot of moaning at Pyke, but to be fair, up until 31st January 2022 he had only played under 23 football, and we are told most of his playing time was on the wing or as a wingback.  Also he has only played in 8 EFL League 2 games, being in the starting 11 only once out of 9 games and amassing a total of only 151 minutes over those 9 games.  Our other forwards were injured and Wilson could only be given a few minutes at the end of the game.  FWIW I think he improved in the 2nd half and I also believe that given the very small amount of minutes in League Two football, not too much can be expected of him right now.

Why, in fook's name did we sign him then?
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 258
ska face
September 24, 2023, 12:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,780
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from GollyGTFC

How was their first goal a fluke? I was right behind it and I think he 100% meant it. And I’ve just watched the “highlights” and that has only confirmed that. Lovely goal.

It was right in front of us in the Lower Findus and it’s come off the inside of his heel as he’s gone to side foot it across to the lad in the middle. All immaterial but he’s never meant that in a million years.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 258
mariner91
September 24, 2023, 12:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614
So, a lot of moaning at Pyke, but to be fair, up until 31st January 2022 he had only played under 23 football, and we are told most of his playing time was on the wing or as a wingback.  Also he has only played in 8 EFL League 2 games, being in the starting 11 only once out of 9 games and amassing a total of only 151 minutes over those 9 games.  Our other forwards were injured and Wilson could only be given a few minutes at the end of the game.  FWIW I think he improved in the 2nd half and I also believe that given the very small amount of minutes in League Two football, not too much can be expected of him right now.

If he’s played so few  minutes despite being 26 and with a lot of those minutes being played in another position then it’s probably an indicator that many other people didn’t particularly rate him as a striker. If we can’t expect much from him yet find ourselves with him as our only fit option then wouldn’t you agree that it’s fairly terrible recruitment? Only three strikers in the squad and one of them appears to not really be much of a striker. Excellent planning.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 258
September 24, 2023, 12:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why, in fook's name did we sign him then?

I have deleted that post because of incorrectly researched data.

Reply: 98 - 258
September 24, 2023, 12:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

If he’s played so few  minutes despite being 26 and with a lot of those minutes being played in another position then it’s probably an indicator that many other people didn’t particularly rate him as a striker. If we can’t expect much from him yet find ourselves with him as our only fit option then wouldn’t you agree that it’s fairly terrible recruitment? Only three strikers in the squad and one of them appears to not really be much of a striker. Excellent planning.  

According to our first team squad list posted on this site, we have 6 strikers.

Reply: 99 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.