Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,626 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 23, 2023, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from aldi_01
flipping comedy gold when we lose game though, listening to folk around me, it’s like they can’t wait for it to be excrement. They barely take any notice of what’s actually happening and then it’s ramble absolute nonsense…that in itself is entertaining.

Ah well, see ya next week.

Erm......if they thought it was excrement then they did notice.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 258
It Bites
September 23, 2023, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,211
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from fishcake63

well looking at the two that came on today i'd be keeping him because they didn't look any better , dont even start me on hunt cant even make the bench with some of the midfielders we got , guarentee if a new manager came in he would play every week

Hunt isn’t as good as Holohan though and that’s the problem I think . He’s certainly better than the lad on loan though
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from It Bites

Hunt isn’t as good as Holohan though and that’s the problem I think . He’s certainly better than the lad on loan though

Hunt is a better option than Clifton at present and Holohan was only the best of a very mediocre bunch today.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 258
Heisenberg
September 23, 2023, 6:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Where’s Khouri? He deserves a run out, maybe even in place of Clifton, but why sign Andrews?

Eastwood absolutely did NOT look better than Crocombe today.

I’m not on my own being right about Orsi, a number of us said it was a mistake letting him go.

The ending was a disaster.

Unfortunately we’re in trouble this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 258
Hagrid
September 23, 2023, 6:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,429
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from ginnywings
Overall, we are a better side, with better players, but we are just too weak in both boxes, and we are throwing away points all over the place.

The last three minutes summed us up. Let in a shockingly bad goal at one end, which again came Efete's side, then missed a golden chance to pick up a point at the other end.

We had more and better chances than them, and yet we somehow lost, and I never felt at any time we would get the third and win the game.

2 wins from 9 is poor, and I can't see us wining at Swindon next week either.

You cant be blaming Efete for that last goal. Mullarkey and Glennon completely at fault Ginny
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 258
PaceyMariner
September 23, 2023, 6:05pm
Lower Findus
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 4
That was shocking. Unacceptable because 2-0 up and losing. I’m a Hurst fan, I believe in the process BUT, that was worrying today. We have the same issues we have had for the last few seasons. Can’t finish teams off. Mentally weak.

Crawley have had a good start, ,but I didn’t think they were that great.  There for the taking.

If we have any ambition of improving on last season, we have to be better!

Pacey <*))))><
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 258
DB
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
I think Pyke cost us the match in the first half missing 2 golden chances and a good half chance. Some may say he's 3rd choice but has really failed to impress in the matches he's played. That said he missed another good chance in the 2nd half.

2-0 up and cruising, what could possibly go wrong? Enter Glennons defending along with a mishaped centre-backs. Eastwood left a lot to be desired today and if positioned correctly could have saved their first goal, as good as it was.

Apart from Holohan, and a good goal from Eisa the rest were poor. We were cruising to victory and then imploded. 2nd half went from bad to worse and we might fear the result at Swindon next week. I hope Hurst remembers Glennon's game against them at BP last when they gave him a roasting. Needs dropping like a hot spuds.

Alas, there was little to praise so I live in hope.

UTM

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 258
AndyGTFC

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Not a good day at the office an and another lead given away. We’re poor defensively and relying too much on Eisa to do something to score goals.

I’m not getting on any Hurst out bandwagon just yet though. Sometimes you have to be careful what you with for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from AndyGTFC
Not a good day at the office an and another lead given away. We’re poor defensively and relying too much on Eisa to do something to score goals.

I’m not getting on any Hurst out bandwagon just yet though. Sometimes you have to be careful what you with for.

I’m not a fan of Hurst’s pragmatic approach albeit it’s got us back (just about) to where he came in but, for all the transfer window hype, it’s a familiar tale where we look frail. Twelve points now dropped from winning positions is a dreadful record after 9 games.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 258
chaos33
September 23, 2023, 6:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ginnywings
Overall, we are a better side, with better players, but we are just too weak in both boxes, and we are throwing away points all over the place.

The last three minutes summed us up. Let in a shockingly bad goal at one end, which again came Efete's side, then missed a golden chance to pick up a point at the other end.

We had more and better chances than them, and yet we somehow lost, and I never felt at any time we would get the third and win the game.

2 wins from 9 is poor, and I can't see us wining at Swindon next week either.

Agree mate, except I’m not so sure we are better. Maybe in a couple of positions but generally, we don’t seem good enough to be challengers - just like last year. That’s the disappointment. We have been unlucky and I will be patient, but I do think it’s concerning. I think it’s a better division this year. My worry is that our improvement is possibly in line with that - ie, we are a middling sort of team. Not sure how I feel about that, although a few hours after a home defeat is not the best for being pragmatic/philosophical. I’m still fuming.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.