Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,883 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
September 24, 2023, 7:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

We literally don’t even have six strikers named in the squad on the official club website. There’s four on there with one of them being Essel who was loaned out to non-league in August. You’re a bizarrely aggressive individual who doesn’t understand very basic arguments leading to you getting angry and personal. When you’re then called out on it you then claim you’re a victim. If you can’t take differing opinions without getting so wound up then perhaps an internet football forum isn’t the best place for you to frequent.

You need to read my posts, NEVER have I claimed to be a victim, don't know where you get that from.  I'm an 'aggressive' individual', lol, you don't even know me son.  If you really read and understand English, you will see that at NO time have I ever got wound up.  It is clear to me that some people like to try and provoke me, it ain't working guys, as for you telling me  that maybe I shouldn't be on this forum, since when do you get to tell me what to do?  Grow up sonny.

Reply: 120 - 258
September 24, 2023, 7:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

By you or our recruitment analyst chap? 🤔😂

By me, of course.

Reply: 121 - 258
mariner91
September 24, 2023, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from 123614

You need to read my posts, NEVER have I claimed to be a victim, don't know where you get that from.  I'm an 'aggressive' individual', lol, you don't even know me son.  If you really read and understand English, you will see that at NO time have I ever got wound up.  It is clear to me that some people like to try and provoke me, it ain't working guys, as for you telling me  that maybe I shouldn't be on this forum, since when do you get to tell me what to do?  Grow up sonny.

Yes you’re a famously composed and even-tempered poster as evidenced here.

Anyway, as you’ll now agree we have three recognised strikers in the first team squad. At no point have two or more of them been fully fit. And one of those strikers is Pyke who does not appear to be very good, albeit in limited appearances. Injuries occur but if you build your strike force light on both quality and quantity you are asking for trouble. We’ve had three transfer windows since being back in the FL and PH’s failure to even match the strength in depth that we had towards the end of our latest stint in non league is, in my opinion, a major factor in our struggles to score goals this season and last.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 258
Bigdog
September 24, 2023, 8:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
We missed a big player for us in Maher yesterday, with the added negative impact of playing Rodgers on the left of central defence where he looked uncomfortable.

Still can't get my head around the complete disappearance of Alex Hunt. I'm maybe in the minority, but I rate him above any other midfielder we've got other than Conteh..Thought the Conteh/Hunt axis was going to give us a new dimension to our play. Can't say we've improved without Hunt in the starting eleven..

And maybe again in the minority.. but I'd like to see Efete get a run of games when Maher and Rodgers renew their partnership. Give him a fair go from a strong base, especially when we get a couple back from injury. Think we need his energy and willingness to get forward more than Mullarkey's (up until recently) solidity in defending..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2023, 8:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Bigdog
We missed a big player for us in Maher yesterday, with the added negative impact of playing Rodgers on the left of central defence where he looked uncomfortable.

Still can't get my head around the complete disappearance of Alex Hunt. I'm maybe in the minority, but I rate him above any other midfielder we've got other than Conteh..Thought the Conteh/Hunt axis was going to give us a new dimension to our play. Can't say we've improved without Hunt in the starting eleven..

I totally agree. Notts County did a job on Hunt and Conteh and he’s barely been seen since. Amazing how many times our management team seem to bin off flair players.
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 258
Roast Em Bobby
September 24, 2023, 8:28pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,724
Gold Stars: 44
Interestingly our best players yesterday were Holohan, Clifton & Eisa

https://www.fotmob.com/match/4203451/matchfacts/grimsby-town-vs-crawley-town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 258
easypeersy
September 24, 2023, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Been a long time since I have felt so dejected.
I think that is the case with most of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 258
diehardmariner
September 24, 2023, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
I'd about calmed down, then I saw the Stockport v Wrexham highlights and it drunk me off that we didn't have a go at that urine poor Wrexham defence last week.

My mate said at the game yesterday that Hurst is too eager to change things away from home but is rigid as hell during home games, I think he's nailed it.

Tinkering at Wrexham cost us momentum in my opinion, needlessly.  Then during the game yesterday he persisted with the same flipping isolated striker up front system that saw us chasing shadows for 60 minutes. Every sub was like for like. There's nothing wrong with going for the win at home, it's perfectly acceptable to chase it by going with 2 strikers.

Too many out of sorts and needing a break. Conteh has quality in his locker but he's looking sloppier every game, give the lad a rest. Clifton hasn't started well and resting him for a half in that EFL trophy isn't enough.

For all the criticism of Pyke, I'm not sure what else he's expected to do. When we played the high press in the first 25 he looked effective, for the rest of the game there wasn't anyone within miles of him.

Any hope of calming down was utterly destroyed when I heard Hurst's post-match interview.  In short; we didn't deserve the defeat, Crawley came for a point and got 3 and we put enough pressure on their dodgy 'keeper. All of which I couldn't disagree with more.  We were excrement for two-thirds of the game, Campbell and Orsi for them ran us ragged and their whole defence was prime for an absolute thumping, yet we barely tickled them after our 2nd goal.

I like Hurst and I'm not calling for his head but intercourse me just entertain us will you! Take the shackles off, there's some genuinely exciting players in this squad if you just encourage them to go for it for more than 25 minutes.
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 258
toontown
September 24, 2023, 10:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from diehardmariner
I'd about calmed down, then I saw the Stockport v Wrexham highlights and it drunk me off that we didn't have a go at that urine poor Wrexham defence last week.

My mate said at the game yesterday that Hurst is too eager to change things away from home but is rigid as hell during home games, I think he's nailed it.

Tinkering at Wrexham cost us momentum in my opinion, needlessly.  Then during the game yesterday he persisted with the same flipping isolated striker up front system that saw us chasing shadows for 60 minutes. Every sub was like for like. There's nothing wrong with going for the win at home, it's perfectly acceptable to chase it by going with 2 strikers.

Too many out of sorts and needing a break. Conteh has quality in his locker but he's looking sloppier every game, give the lad a rest. Clifton hasn't started well and resting him for a half in that EFL trophy isn't enough.

For all the criticism of Pyke, I'm not sure what else he's expected to do. When we played the high press in the first 25 he looked effective, for the rest of the game there wasn't anyone within miles of him.

Any hope of calming down was utterly destroyed when I heard Hurst's post-match interview.  In short; we didn't deserve the defeat, Crawley came for a point and got 3 and we put enough pressure on their dodgy 'keeper. All of which I couldn't disagree with more.  We were excrement for two-thirds of the game, Campbell and Orsi for them ran us ragged and their whole defence was prime for an absolute thumping, yet we barely tickled them after our 2nd goal.

I like Hurst and I'm not calling for his head but intercourse me just entertain us will you! Take the shackles off, there's some genuinely exciting players in this squad if you just encourage them to go for it for more than 25 minutes.

when Hurst made his changes, changing to 2 holding midfielders, attempting to hold on to the draw rather than going for the win, its pretty depressing given how shite their defence was in that first 30.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 258
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 24, 2023, 10:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Conteh doesn’t need a rest he needs to be partnered with Hunt and Khouri as the poor sodomist is playing in midfield on his own. However, poor our striking options are the real need is for a decent midfield capable of dominating a game and creating goal scoring opportunities.

By the way do we practice throw ins at any stage in our training as we hardly ever retain possession from them and have no movement whatsoever it’s so bad it’s laughable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.