Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AdamHaddock, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, AussieMariner, Badger57, Balthazar Bullitt, bartgtfc, bawarmy, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Big Jake, bigbadmarinerbob, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BrMarin, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, cannylad65, Captaincod, cardiffmariner, Caveman, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, cjbill, coddy60, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, DB, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, essexexile, EvilFish, FishOutOfWater, forza ivano, friskneymariner, Gainsbro_Mariner, GhostDan, Gilbertswand, Gill, gobby, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gtfcalex, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heisenberg, HertsGTFC, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jimgtfc, johnbhoy, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, kevikov, krispy84, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, LondonMariner43, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, majestic tees, ManBurning, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, mariner chopper, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, Mariner56, mariner91, Mariner93er, Mariner_501, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Mark GTFC, Matthew, Mayaman, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Mikey_345, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, neverapen, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, Phisch, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Quagmire, rancido, richiedk, RichMariner, Roast Em Bobby, Rob_in_Grimsby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, Saudimariner, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, Sigone, skegmariner, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spatchcock, Spidey, spikelias, SpiritOf98, SteffiMariner, stevieh, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, supertown, Sussexmariner, sutton mariner, SWMariner, tanga_the_indestructible, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, The_Laughing_Mariner, thefish, Theimperialcoroner, thespiffing, thevera, tintowner, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, vinno69, WayneBurnettsJockstrap, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, Withnail, wizbit, WLMariner, wormy, WOZOFGRIMSBY, wuffing, Zmariner and 1102 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,881 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
September 24, 2023, 2:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
For those worried about our performance today could we have had a better, more considerate opponent than Crawley? We were gifted 4 clear goal scorinv opportunities in the first 20 minutes! Pyke was offered a 1 on 1 with the keeper, something you would normally consider a goal scorer to lick his lips and make the goal his prey for. Instead Pyke looked exactly like the out of position rabbit in the headlights he is and the chance was blown along with all of the others.
We should have gone in at least 3 up probably 4, yet instead we are vulnerable to the  comeback. We are so mentally weak or have dreadful in game management, or both, it's appaling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 258
toontown
September 24, 2023, 2:57am
Whiskey Drinker
How anyone can look at those first 20 minutes and  say Pyke should be anywhere near an EFL first team strike squad just baffles me. so out of place its untrue.

Also, Pyke had his best move in afirst team shirt today when  he was wide, went past someone and manged to get a difficult cross in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 258
toontown
September 24, 2023, 2:58am
Whiskey Drinker
He isn't a natural goal scorer9, more a wide player, as he played before
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 258
arryarryarry
September 24, 2023, 3:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Kris2

Most people seem happier when we are losing because they get to moan.  

Some fans you never see or hear from when things are going well and as soon as it isn't they are salivating at the thought of being able to whinge. Boring second half where it looked like we gave up after their first fluke goal started a comeback where they dominated the remainder of the first half. In the second they didn't look particularly like finishing the game off we just didn't really try either and they managed to get a last gasp winner from Orsi, who I was never particularly convinced by but looked much better than Pyke today. I'm confused how Pyke, who has played much of his career as a winger and wing-back was handed the #9 shirt and paraded as a striker. His skills are clearly not in finishing at all as he missed two easy looking chances and one half chance. Had he finished the easy ones you'd look at the half chance like "yeah, that happens" but he never looked like scoring even once.

It's amazing how injuries can throw all the plans at the wall and we seem to get at least a couple long term from pre season, Hurst still doesn't look like he knows what his best team is. There was much fanfare for Glennon signing but perhaps all of this could have been predicted if we wasn't stuck on him producing his form on loan in a terrible side that barely scraped staying up. His woeful performances at Barrow and the fact Burnley released him would be a sign of what is to come. The sad thing is I don't think Amos is that much better either so we are kind of stuck.

What was that you were saying about people moaning?
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 258
Mighty_Mariner
September 24, 2023, 5:32am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,244
Gold Stars: 10
as disappointed and despondent as most. I’m also a little worried about our consistent inability to hold onto a lead! But let’s have faith in Paul eh lads, he deserves it after what he’s done for the club, IMHO.

I don’t agree with this ‘little old Crawley, we should be beating them etc’… they’re clearly well drilled and organised and have beaten some big teams this season. Now quite the relegation fodder many predicted they would be!

Hopefully with Wilson getting back fit he can have an impact going forward. I read that we signed him on the back of lots of strong data regarding him helping create the most chances in the team last season, utilising his pace, which we also badly need. Maybe Wilson is the key to opening our tactical attack. We badly miss Rose too!

The future doesn’t look good for Waterfall at Town Hall it’s Hurst preferring to shuffle the link rather than slot him in, in place of Maher.

Could be worse - just look down the 180!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 258
quebec38
September 24, 2023, 7:20am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,588
Gold Stars: 48
It’s been a long time since I left BP as annoyed as I did yesterday. We were poor all over but the worst of the bunch were the back four and Pyke.

Why we saw Efete and Glennon back I have no idea. Waterfall has had two solid seasons and all of a sudden he’s not in the frame to replace one of our first choice pairing? Mullarkey-Rodgers-Waterfall-Amos should have been the defence.

As for Pyke, talk about wasted opportunity. He’s dropped a division and so far played a bench role until today. I think it’s a lazy criticism to say players don’t care etc but today Pyke looked like he wasn’t bothered one bit. I hope that is the last we see of him up front on his own. The minimum we expect as fans is someone to show a bit of effort and run about a bit.

3 points lost and completely avoidable.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 258
mariner91
September 24, 2023, 7:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262

The debate of Orsi vs Pyke is fair, but we don't know what the wage demands are etc. I still feel come the end of the season, the Orsi decision will be justified. Obviously he scores against us, but that doesn't mean he'll be consistent for a season.

I’d happily bet you any amount of money that Orsi will score more goals this season than Pyke. I wasn’t Orsi’s biggest fan but he gave Rodgers a difficult afternoon and scored a goal. Pyke looked like a 26 year old “striker” who is still yet to reach double digits of goals. I can forgive the odd miss (although that one on one when played in by their defender was about as easy as you get) but he doesn’t even get in to the goal scoring positions and shows no anticipation, desire or even knowledge of where to be in order to score. How the hell have we ended up with him with as our number 9?! All four of the strikers/forwards we had in the play off final are streets ahead of him and he sums up what a horrible job Hurst has done with recruiting strikers in the last three windows.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 258
cannylad65
September 24, 2023, 9:21am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +77
Gold Stars: 7
There's always the January transfer window to come.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 258
HerveJosse
September 24, 2023, 10:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from cannylad65
There's always the January transfer window to come.

Time to start the thread

I will go first I think we need a striker who scores goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 258
toontown
September 24, 2023, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Time to start the thread

I will go first I think we need a striker who scores goals.

Somebody to create something for him to score from wouldn't go amiss either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.