Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,887 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 28, 2023, 11:32am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,487
Gold Stars: 536
For what its worth as well, I thought Andrews looked allright when he came on, wanted the ball and looked to be aggressive with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 258
September 28, 2023, 11:43am
Guest User
Quoted from ska face

You seem to be remarkably thin skinned and obsessed with the idea that people make an effort to attack you - don’t flatter yourself. People are probably just bored of you wading in to every discussion to tell them that they’ve no right to comment on anything because they haven’t managed above Championship level. I know I am.
  Never said that, prove me wrong.  I have always defended everyone's right to an opinion.  I have said I don't agree with some, but again, that is my opinion and my right to post it here.   Show me a thread where I have said that someone has 'no right to comment', you can't.

Reply: 201 - 258
Maringer
September 28, 2023, 12:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,674
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Hagrid
For what its worth as well, I thought Andrews looked allright when he came on, wanted the ball and looked to be aggressive with it.

I think he could prove to be a decent signing. Looks rangy and athletic, reminiscent of Raikhy in that regard, so he may have something to offer. Ainley looked well off the pace to me, a bit heavy-legged, but I presume his fitness needs to be worked on as he wasn't with a team and playing until he signed for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 258
lew chaterleys lover
September 28, 2023, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,759
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Maringer

I think he could prove to be a decent signing. Looks rangy and athletic, reminiscent of Raikhy in that regard, so he may have something to offer. Ainley looked well off the pace to me, a bit heavy-legged, but I presume his fitness needs to be worked on as he wasn't with a team and playing until he signed for us.

Ainsley is injured now anyway and out for a couple of months I think, so that looks like another waste.

We have had a lot of injuries already with some ongoing so whether we are just unlucky or training is too intense who knows?
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 258
Maringer
September 28, 2023, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I'd imagine it's just bad luck. We've not had terrible injury problems during Hurst's spells at the club, so no reason anything should have changed, especially as we do the sports science and analysis thing a fair bit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 258
arryarryarry
September 28, 2023, 7:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Maringer
I'd imagine it's just bad luck. We've not had terrible injury problems during Hurst's spells at the club, so no reason anything should have changed, especially as we do the sports science and analysis thing a fair bit.

Have you slept through Hurst's tenures?
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 258
Maringer
September 28, 2023, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Nope, but I'd say we've had the expected proportion of injuries, generally from players who we were only able to sign because of their injury problems. We've been lucky with the odd ones such as Andrew and Fox, but plenty of others have been signed in the hope they would stay fit and they haven't.

Players get injured. It seems that is now Hurst's fault as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 258
Northbank Mariner
September 28, 2023, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,532
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Maringer
Nope, but I'd say we've had the expected proportion of injuries, generally from players who we were only able to sign because of their injury problems. We've been lucky with the odd ones such as Andrew and Fox, but plenty of others have been signed in the hope they would stay fit and they haven't.

Players get injured. It seems that is now Hurst's fault as well!

Wright, Fox, Taylor, Macatee, Khan, Maher, Ainley, Khouri, Holohan, Wilson...and that's just for starters, I'm sure people can add to that list.
We have a terrible injury record under Hurst, either the man p!ssed on a witches bonfire or their being hammered in training trying to make us "the fittest" team in the league...and i sm blaming Hurst for Rose being injured, anyone could see he was f@cked after 70 minutes at Bradford but Hurst left him out there!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 258
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
September 28, 2023, 7:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Wright, Fox, Taylor, Macatee, Khan, Maher, Ainley, Khouri, Holohan, Wilson...and that's just for starters, I'm sure people can add to that list.
We have a terrible injury record under Hurst, either the man p!ssed on a witches bonfire or their being hammered in training trying to make us "the fittest" team in the league...and i sm blaming Hurst for Rose being injured, anyone could see he was f@cked after 70 minutes at Bradford but Hurst left him out there!!!

Refer to Maringer’s post above for sensible explanations. Report back if you require further clarification.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 258
diehardmariner
September 29, 2023, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
I don't know enough about our injury records compared to other clubs at our level, but I'd imagine it's a similar tale for most clubs in League Two.  

The better players are ones you have to take a chance on a bit.  If the likes of of Eisa didn't have injury problems, they probably wouldn't be at this level.  It's not even just about the number of games you get out of them, their injury issues have to have a determinantal impact on their pace, stamina, flexibility, strength, a whole range of things.

Players at this level who don't fall into that bracket are usually, but not always, more of the workhorse type.

I also think it's a bit harsh chucking McAtee in that bracket for a dislocated shoulder.  That's just an unfortunate injury.  Can't remember Holohan having any major issues either.
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 258
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.