Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,870 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Simon
September 23, 2023, 8:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Simply not good enough today

I can accept the result at full time thats football, what i can't accept is the manner of the defeat we were absolutely shocking today

For me we need fresh ideas, a major shakeup is required and PH needs to go along with Doig or it's going to be a long season

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 258
Maringer
September 23, 2023, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,671
Gold Stars: 189
He was a bit too far off his line, but it was a complete fluke and I don't think any keeper would have saved it unless they had been too deep in the first place. It all came from Conteh trying to step in front of their player to nick it and failing with Efete upfield and they were left with acres of space which probably led to Eastwood coming out a little too far expecting a normal cross. Notable they their player didn't really celebrate the goal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 258
Azimuth
September 23, 2023, 8:21pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +709
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Simon
Simply not good enough today

I can accept the result at full time thats football, what i can't accept is the manner of the defeat we were absolutely shocking today

For me we need fresh ideas, a major shakeup is required and PH needs to go along with Doig or it's going to be a long season

Agree with this, We are going nowhere this season and could find ourselves in a scrap at the wrong end of the league.
Hurst has been found out and our long spells of poor form in the league in the last two seasons have been masked by a late run and play off promotion and a decent cup run last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 258
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 23, 2023, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Very surprised by Hurst’s after match interview as he’s normally pretty honest but he continued to insist Crawley were a good side despite the fact they provided us with four gift opportunities in the first half and they must have one of the worst keepers in the league.

Whilst it may not have been Conteh’s best game he is basically playing midfield on his own and if Holohan was MOM, it’s pretty embarrassing for the other ten who played as his distribution is shocking and neither him or Clifton make themselves available when our defenders are in possession but just run forwards. Clifton should not be starting full stop, when he receives the ball he has no awareness of where he is or where he wants to play it too and proves to be one of the most overrated players I can recall. We have no pace or threat going forward and without Eisa’s great goals we would be well and truly in trouble. Baffled by the defensive selection and shame on Hurst for not recognising his mistake and changing things at half time.

A truly shocking performance and how some think we played well is absolutely baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 258
DB
September 23, 2023, 8:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Just listened to PH on Town You Tube. I think he saw a totally different match to me, no apologies for the defeat and came across as if we'd drawn with little passion.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 258
September 23, 2023, 8:33pm
Guest User
I missed today because of norovirus. 3 days of vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach cramps, aches and fever. Looks like I got a result!
Reply: 55 - 258
ska face
September 23, 2023, 8:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,778
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Whilst it may not have been Conteh’s best game he is basically playing midfield on his own and if Holohan was MOM, it’s pretty embarrassing for the other ten who played as his distribution is shocking and neither him or Clifton make themselves available when our defenders are in possession but just run forwards.

100% right, couldn’t have put it better. Think a couple have looked at Conteh and decided he can do it all himself so leave him to it. He’s a 20 year old kid, in his first FL season, getting zero protection or support from the more experienced midfielders around him. His options are limited to playing it square to the fullbacks or playing it into a congested midfield ahead of him, nobody ever gives him a decent short option. It’s limiting him and us going forward.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

100% right, couldn’t have put it better. Think a couple have looked at Conteh and decided he can do it all himself so leave him to it. He’s a 20 year old kid, in his first FL season, getting zero protection or support from the more experienced midfielders around him. His options are limited to playing it square to the fullbacks or playing it into a congested midfield ahead of him, nobody ever gives him a decent short option. It’s limiting him and us going forward.

Absolutely agree. The reason Conteh looked so good against Wimbledon was Hunt being close to him. Hurst and Doig (particularly Doig) are always on Hunt’s back and now he doesn’t make the bench but the likes of Andrews and Ainley do. Doesn’t make sense to me.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 258
DB
September 23, 2023, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Absolutely agree. The reason Conteh looked so good against Wimbledon was Hunt being close to him. Hurst and Doig (particularly Doig) are always on Hunt’s back and now he doesn’t make the bench but the likes of Andrews and Ainley do. Doesn’t make sense to me.

From what you are saying it sounds as if all is not right down Cheapside. Certainly, Hurst's post-match sounded a bit like he could care less about the game, I'm not saying that he didn't care but his body language etc. gave that sort of impression.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 258
Chrisblor
September 23, 2023, 8:58pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,960
Gold Stars: 239
Highlights are here - https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12968501/grimsby-town-2-3-crawley-town-league-two-highlights

Can't really be arsed repeating what loads of other posters are saying (other than just highlighting how flipping great Eisa's goal was which has been lost a bit amongst the justified criticism) but I just don't flipping understand what's going through Glennons head. Here he is just before their 2nd goal staring at his man so he knows where he is:

2 to 3 seconds later he's still nowhere near him and their lad is volleying it into the back of the net:

Rodgers obviously has the bloke in front of him covered, so why has Glennon just ignored the man he's meant to be picking up even though he knew he was there. It's just utterly bizarre and he's so out of form it isn't funny.

(also free Alex Hunt, absolutely laughable Clifton, Ainley and Andrews are getting game time ahead of him. He wasn't even that bad in the few appearances he had at the start of the season and looked pretty good at the end of last season when playing regularly and in the first game against Wimbledon)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.