Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, Bigboy, biggleswademariner, Bignic69, Bigwinn1975, BobbyCummingsTackle, Brazilnut, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, Captaincod, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, Civvy at last, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, Davec, davmariner, denni266, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, drbell, Epworth Mariner, EvilFish, forza ivano, Gainsbro_Mariner, Gill, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, Grimsby69, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hacksaw jimmy cook, Hagrid, HarrogateMariner, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, immariner, ivanosandwich, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, louth_in_the_south, lukeo, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, Marinerdan, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Matthew, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, Misterton Mariner, MNH1972, Morph2000, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, norfuk mariner, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, out of town, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, pontoonlew, Poojah, Posh Harry, Roast Em Bobby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, ScottyUTM, scott, shaun the sheep, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spidey, SpiritOf98, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, SWMariner, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, The Dogs Testicles, thevera, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WOZOFGRIMSBY, Zmariner and 747 Guests

Just Back

This thread currently has 21,876 views. Print
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
come_on_town
September 23, 2023, 8:59pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 33
After reading this thread (whilst having a few beers) I’m struggling to read that no posters thought we should have been at least 3 or 4 up by the 30 minute mark in the game. We not only scored two but we’re also gifted 3 maybe 4 good opportunities that we squandered. Don’t want to jump on any bandwagon but we really are not good enough. The old age excuse of injuries….every team has them at this stage of a season but we have no quality in the depth of the squad. We’ve not improved in vital areas that any football person could identify I.e. Goalkeeper, dictating centre midfielder and an out and out striker, despite having the biggest transfer budget we’ll probably have for some years. I appreciate every league two team has stepped up to the bar to try and compete with this divisions elite spenders but seriously as town fans we are deluded if we think this squad can compete near the levels of a promotion/play off place finish.
We have improved in the likes of Rodgers, Mullarkey, Conteh, Eisa and Rose but it’s proved not quite enough in the games we’ve played. Correct me if I’m wrong but is this now 12 points dropped from winning positions at least. No excuse for 2-0 at home and loosing the game at any level.

Yet again another Saturday mid-September and sat here frustrated as f#*k throwing away another 3 points. It seems deflating being a mariners fan at times but we go again! Onwards and upwards UTM
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 258
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2023, 9:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from come_on_town
After reading this thread (whilst having a few beers) I’m struggling to read that no posters thought we should have been at least 3 or 4 up by the 30 minute mark in the game. We not only scored two but we’re also gifted 3 maybe 4 good opportunities that we squandered. Don’t want to jump on any bandwagon but we really are not good enough. The old age excuse of injuries….every team has them at this stage of a season but we have no quality in the depth of the squad. We’ve not improved in vital areas that any football person could identify I.e. Goalkeeper, dictating centre midfielder and an out and out striker, despite having the biggest transfer budget we’ll probably have for some years. I appreciate every league two team has stepped up to the bar to try and compete with this divisions elite spenders but seriously as town fans we are deluded if we think this squad can compete near the levels of a promotion/play off place finish.
We have improved in the likes of Rodgers, Mullarkey, Conteh, Eisa and Rose but it’s proved not quite enough in the games we’ve played. Correct me if I’m wrong but is this now 12 points dropped from winning positions at least. No excuse for 2-0 at home and loosing the game at any level.

Yet again another Saturday mid-September and sat here frustrated as f#*k throwing away another 3 points. It seems deflating being a mariners fan at times but we go again! Onwards and upwards UTM

Re your first point, I think the Pyke was shite comments pretty much cover that off.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 258
TAGG
September 23, 2023, 9:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
I watched the game at work, I'm usually drunk off when work get in the way of going to BP but this morning I wasn't bothered when I gave my ST to my mate.
I am getting really copulated of with Hurst, his tactics, his signings and his fukin post match interviews.
As much as I don't like the bloke and didn't want him back I have given him my support but now if he can't pull us around in the next five games he has to go otherwise we will be walking into relegation.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 258
It Bites
September 23, 2023, 9:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,206
Gold Stars: 266
For all the good the new owners have done , and it’s a lot . The real test will come when they have to appoint a new manager, they will be in the real football world then. PH is very secure in his job but if results and performances don’t improve then they may have to act
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 258
come_on_town
September 23, 2023, 9:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +165
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Re your first point, I think the Pyke was shite comments pretty much cover that off.

Yeah I agree with you, should have maybe covered that in post  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 258
HerveJosse
September 23, 2023, 9:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from chaos33

Moronic thing to say when we are all disappointed and angry.

Some of us could see it coming we don’t feel the pain any less but until the rest of you stop giving Hurst and the owners a free pass on everything why is anything going to change?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 258
The Caterham Mariner
September 23, 2023, 9:23pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from 123614
Lets see what everyone is saying at the end of the season.

True ..and not to get too excited,this side of Christmas
Swindon away next Saturday is going to be interesting
I can afford  1 pint in the Merlin to listen to some town fans opinions pre match then see for myself what we playing at
Hopefully a turnaround from today's performance
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 258
HerveJosse
September 23, 2023, 9:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ska face

100% right, couldn’t have put it better. Think a couple have looked at Conteh and decided he can do it all himself so leave him to it. He’s a 20 year old kid, in his first FL season, getting zero protection or support from the more experienced midfielders around him. His options are limited to playing it square to the fullbacks or playing it into a congested midfield ahead of him, nobody ever gives him a decent short option. It’s limiting him and us going forward.

Conteh won’t be the first player we have brought in who has looked like A Rolls Royce and 15 games later we have turned into a Morris Minor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 258
mariner91
September 23, 2023, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Just watched the highlights and the defending all round is laughably bad. Glennon is just oblivious, happily moving out as the ball is floated over him for the last goal. How the hell have we ended up without one competent left back?!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 258
TownSNAFU5
September 23, 2023, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,907
Gold Stars: 42
Yes we should have been 3 or 4 goals up early on.  This makes the final result worse.

Their keeper must have the patent on the number of unforced errors.  Matched by our awful passing and everything else in the second half.

We got worse from the 30th minute as the game  went on.  Crawley seemed to want it more.  They often had 5, 6 or 7 players attacking.  In one narrowly missed chance they had 5 players in our penalty area. Easily outnumbering our defenders.

Annoyed or beyond annoyed - not sure. Hurst’s summary of the match was as bad as our performance.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 258
26 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.